Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Dec 8, 2009
- Messages
- 12,980
an inverse relationship
"Throughout this all, Jodi’s family have continued to conduct themselves with quiet dignity." Daily Record I have no particular wish to criticize the Jones family, but this is not true, any more than it was strictly true that the Kercher family maintained a dignified silence (or words to that effect). With respect to teenage behavior Luke smoked marijuana and had sex when he was fourteen. One may argue that his mother should have had not permitted these things to occur (I don't take any position on questions of this sort). Yet exactly the same criticism could be said about Jodi's parents, in that Jodi also used marijuana and had sex at the same age. My point is that the press and public sometimes treat the victim and his or her family by a different set of standards versus the accused and his or her family. For example, Amanda Knox and Meredith Kercher were similar in their behaviors concerning sex and marijuana. BTW, this Daily Record article discussed a knife found about 300 yards from the crime scene long after the crime. It may bear no relationship to the murder whatsoever.
One other point I would like to make is that the murder of Jodi Jones was a high profile case and can be interpreted through the experiences of the Knox/Sollecito and Duke lacrosse cases (I once compared those two cases on my blog). I have sometimes thought that the weaker the case, the more the prosecution will attempt to blacken the name of the accused person or persons. This can produce a conviction despite little evidence assuming some fraction of the mud is seen by the jury. Another aspect of high-profile cases is that the police probably feel pressure to solve the case quickly so that the public is put at ease. This partially explains (but by no means excuses) the remarkable level of confirmation bias shown by the investigators in this instance. And of course no high-profile case would be complete without Statement AnalysisR. I don't recall ever seeing the Statement AnalysisR blog find for innocence, but I have not looked exhaustively.
"Throughout this all, Jodi’s family have continued to conduct themselves with quiet dignity." Daily Record I have no particular wish to criticize the Jones family, but this is not true, any more than it was strictly true that the Kercher family maintained a dignified silence (or words to that effect). With respect to teenage behavior Luke smoked marijuana and had sex when he was fourteen. One may argue that his mother should have had not permitted these things to occur (I don't take any position on questions of this sort). Yet exactly the same criticism could be said about Jodi's parents, in that Jodi also used marijuana and had sex at the same age. My point is that the press and public sometimes treat the victim and his or her family by a different set of standards versus the accused and his or her family. For example, Amanda Knox and Meredith Kercher were similar in their behaviors concerning sex and marijuana. BTW, this Daily Record article discussed a knife found about 300 yards from the crime scene long after the crime. It may bear no relationship to the murder whatsoever.
One other point I would like to make is that the murder of Jodi Jones was a high profile case and can be interpreted through the experiences of the Knox/Sollecito and Duke lacrosse cases (I once compared those two cases on my blog). I have sometimes thought that the weaker the case, the more the prosecution will attempt to blacken the name of the accused person or persons. This can produce a conviction despite little evidence assuming some fraction of the mud is seen by the jury. Another aspect of high-profile cases is that the police probably feel pressure to solve the case quickly so that the public is put at ease. This partially explains (but by no means excuses) the remarkable level of confirmation bias shown by the investigators in this instance. And of course no high-profile case would be complete without Statement AnalysisR. I don't recall ever seeing the Statement AnalysisR blog find for innocence, but I have not looked exhaustively.
Last edited: