Planigale,I think there are some similarities, the obvious difference from many other cases is there is no 'confession'. A similarity is the lack of forensic evidence. With modern forensic science, not just DNA but fibre analysis, the lack of evidence of the presence of the alleged assailant at the scene of the crime should cause some doubt about guilt. In addition once musical or literary tastes are included as evidence of a bad character then one thinks the prosecution are a bit desperate. On the other hand a boy friend killing a girlfriend is not uncommon, the idea of three minimally acquainted people entering into a murderous conspiracy as is alleged in the Kercher case is unusual.
I am not convinced of Mitchell's innocence; but I can understand that there may be questions.
It would be interesting to see a well constructed case for Luke Mitchell's guilt on that thread, I am not sure that there was any less of a confession than Knox. I never saw her "confession" in the vein of say Brendan Dassey, Jessie Miskelly or Teina Pora, all easy cases to get overviews of.
Pora claimed to witness a murder in pursuit of money, Dassey was royally led as redacting the police questions clearly shows, result he stated he witnessed specific acts. Jessie Miskelly did a Pora Dassey combo. In no way do I see anything similar happening with Knox.
Last edited: