• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's ok for him to lie about what he did to help those at 9/11? I've been to Ground Zero, years after the fact. Why is there a constant need to justify the things he says? I don't get it.

Better yet, why would he even claim something so easily proven to be false? It's dumb as ****.

I'm having trouble finding the lie.
 
Huh. Donald Trump actually visited Ground Zero while the initial recovery effort was still under way, and people were still being rescued. That's a lot more than I can claim. I've never been to GZ, before or after.

Clearly Trump is a heinous liar, for making this claim.

It's not at all clear that he spent a lot of time at Ground Zero with the first responders. Do you think that part is true?

It's a minor lie, of course (given that it's false). Nowhere near his greatest hits. You can take solace in that, I suppose.
 
I'm wondering if it's so bad to be a little underhanded when the deck is so stacked against you. I don't want Democrats to turn into Trump but there probably are some buzzwords they could be using to manipulate people.

It all depends on where you draw the line.

I'm probably a bit conservative on these issues. I would far prefer argument over manipulation, but I'll have to admit that argument is the less effective method. Perhaps some manipulation is required to compete.

Lies, on the other hand, ought to be roundly condemned by all sides. And I regard an intentional straw man no better than a lie.
 
Last edited:
It's not at all clear that he spent a lot of time at Ground Zero with the first responders. Do you think that part is true?

It's a minor lie, of course (given that it's false). Nowhere near his greatest hits. You can take solace in that, I suppose.

Yes, with Trumps form you could safely assume all his claims are distortions or fabrications of the truth.
 
Meh, on the scale of grandiose Trump claims this one barely registers for me. I have little doubt that at some point he went to Ground Zero during the rescue operation and that he saw first responders in action.

He's vile and sick and a creep and all that, but I'm not seeing the lie in his statements today. To him, 15 minutes might seem like "a lot of time".
 
Either way, may Ratcliffe be rejected by the Senate because of how thoroughly and completely he's wrong for the job and brazenly a partisan hack who will undermine the security of our nation.

It's a Republican-majority senate. They're likely to confirm him for exactly the reasons you state.
 
Folks upset of Hillary's use of a private email server for official business (and I'm one of them) will surely be just as upset over these shenanigans.
:rolleyes:

This isn't the first time this came up. Kushner, Ivanka and Donny J have all been caught using their private email for official business. No one in the GOP paid them any mind.
 
Trump Tweets

Just remember, the Iranians never won a war, but never lost a negotiation!
 
Could you just point is to the truth?

You would think Donald Trump doing these things would not only be press worthy, but I'd at least be able to find an article about it. The only thing I can find is him making these claims, nothing at all backs it up.

Trump mentioned "his men" helping rescue 5 firefighters:

Trump said:
The great thing is when they find somebody that’s alive like the five firemen that they just found a little while ago.

But I can't find any information that Trump's men helped with that rescue at all. Again, it's not mention in any news article I can find. You would think at least one person working for Trump would talk about why he's down there. When it comes to Trump and his 11,000 lies, he has earned a default setting of whatever he says being a lie.
 
Let's say it's true he was hanging around.ground zero while rescue operations were still ongoing.

Why is that a good thing?

Did he take off his jacket, roll up his sleeves and help?

Because if he went down there for a photo op and a chance to say in the future "I was there" then really what he was doing is getting in the damn way of something really important.
 
Folks upset of Hillary's use of a private email server for official business (and I'm one of them) will surely be just as upset over these shenanigans.

Given me, I was not happy with Hillary's server, but it was honestly understandable after the many decades of constant GOP smears and conspiracy theories, before getting to the situation at hand in general. I would not have been opposed to punishment for what violations she actually committed even then (remarkably few that there are compared to the accusations bandied about), though, much as I think that there were notable and numerous mitigating factors. The numerous people around Trump that he put there who have been doing pretty much the exact same things or have done worse don't seem to have any of those mitigating factors, though, especially after the huge deal that Trump and the Republicans made of the issue. Further, they have pretty clear and obvious reason to have been doing at least some of it for nefarious purposes and we have pretty clear and obvious reason to not trust them to be honest or trustworthy with such tools at their disposal.

It's a Republican-majority senate. They're likely to confirm him for exactly the reasons you state.

Unfortunately. There's some small hope that there will be just enough pushback from Republicans who happen to not be completely corrupt and cowardly wretches not to confirm him, but that's not something to have much faith in at this point.
 
Last edited:
There's some small hope that there will be just enough pushback from Republicans who happen to not be completely corrupt and cowardly wretches not to confirm him, but that's not something to have much faith in at this point.
There needs to be such a ruckus raised at the confirmation hearing that exposes Ratcliffe for the inept and inexperienced candidate that he is, that he is such a loser, to make a series of really, REALLY bad headlines for Trump personally. Then his goose is cooked - Trump doesn't employ losers. So either Trump or Ratcliffe will withdraw his nomination rather than face public condemnation.

Besides, Trump now has the highest number of Acting secretaries in his administration, so one more will be no biggie.
 
ANd Trump continues to destroy race relatations in this country.More and more I am convinced there will be no peaceful solution to this.
 
Ratcliffe will be a total disaster as DNI.....he will tell Trump what he wants to hear, not what he needs to hear.
End results:A lot of bodybags will be coming home.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom