• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

Just spoke to @KanyeWest about his friend A$AP Rocky’s incarceration. I will be calling the very talented Prime Minister of Sweden to see what we can do about helping A$AP Rocky. So many people would like to see this quickly resolved!
 
Both are rooted in hatred of "the other", they're just slightly different in how they're applied. In theory, anyway. In practice there's so much overlap the distinction is rarely necessary.
In the usual American practice of short memories, also, one might accidentally forget that a couple of generations ago, objections to immigrants now considered white and comfortably American were couched in racial terms as well. Not that long ago, standard Anthropological texts called what we now think of as race, "stock," and race a much finer division, separating Mediterraneans, East Europeans, and others within the broader "caucasoid" stock. I got that in college in the 1960's. It's one of the great ironies, for example, that people of Italian and Polish (or German, perhaps?) descent are among those chanting for exactly what both racists and xenophobes were saying to them a hundred or fewer years ago.

If it were not so dreadful, it would be amusing the lengths of obfuscation and pedantry that Trump's supporters stoop to in order to deny his utterly inappropriate wrongness.
 
Trump Tweets

Just spoke to @KanyeWest about his friend A$AP Rocky’s incarceration. I will be calling the very talented Prime Minister of Sweden to see what we can do about helping A$AP Rocky. So many people would like to see this quickly resolved!
One would hope said PM would tell him that no, I don't usually interfere with criminal investigations and prosecutions. Is that something American presidents do?
 
Trump Tweets

Thomas “the Chin” Friedman, a weak and pathetic sort of guy, writes columns for The New York Times in between rounds of his favorite game, golf. Two weeks ago, while speaking to a friend on his cell phone, I unfortunately ended up speaking to Friedman. We spoke for a while and...

....he could not have been nicer or more respectful to your favorite President, me. Then I saw the column he wrote, “Trump Will Be Re-elected, Won’t He?” He called me a Racist, which I am not, and said Rhode Island went from economically bad to great in 5 years because the.....

....Governor of the State did a good job. That may be true but she could not have done it without the tremendous economic success of our Country & the turnaround that my Administration has caused. Really Nasty to me in his average I.Q. Columns, kissed my a.. on the call. Phony!
Boris Yeltsin has lost his record as biggest clown on the world stage.
 
I thought one problem with excessively low interest rates is that there's nothing to cut them to should the need arise.

Personally, as a saver rather than a borrower I don't see why everything should be run to cater to people and businesses and banks borrowing all the time. Why can't they use their own money? I remember when a humble savings account earned 3% interest, and there wasn't a depression on with banks failing and businesses going under from the strain of interest rates.
It's only a problem that exists in people's theories about how economics works. In practice the problem has been solved by using quantitative easing, that is, just print money. In the old theories doing that would instantly produce runaway inflation but that didn't happen in real life.
 

People are so fixated on hating Trump and the right (and white people pretty much now) that they don't see it. You tar everyone with the same broad brush. You are going to lose another election with this attitude.
You're assuming here, I think, that hate toward Trump is misplaced (which is not to say necessarily that hate toward Trump is not misplaced).

I don't want another 4 years of Trump but I don't want what I see on the other side of the aisle either. Not at all.
It's not so much a question of what you want, but which option among the ones presented is better than the others (although what you want in absolute terms is an effective starting point to selecting the optimal choice among those available).
 

Not accurate though. That last sentence makes no sense and it's not what he was quoted as saying. Trump says a whole lot of really dumb stuff and I see no reason to misrepresent it.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/11/politics/immigrants-********-countries-trump/index.html



On another note, too many liberals/Dems are clueless...unless the goal is to lose another election.

It's not hate for the "brown people", or racism or evangelicals that got Trump elected, it is liberal progressives shoving their ideals down peoples throats for the past few decades. People have had enough of this crap.

Actually y'all could have won had you not run Hillary. But now? Your hate is out in full force. The crying, the accusations and fingerpointing, it's not going to work. You are doing it wrong. This forum is the same way.

People are so fixated on hating Trump and the right (and white people pretty much now) that they don't see it. You tar everyone with the same broad brush. You are going to lose another election with this attitude.

Most people I know that are in the middle or right-leaning feel the same way. They are sick of "liberals". That's it.

I don't want another 4 years of Trump but I don't want what I see on the other side of the aisle either. Not at all.


Sincere question: Hate for Obama was (in hindsight) clearly a winner for the GOP come 2016. What makes hate for Trump "doing it wrong"? What distinction do you see between hate for Obama and hate for Trump that makes one party successful (as in winning a presidential election) and one an expected loser (according to you).

I eagerly await your analysis.
 
Trump Tweets

Just spoke to @KanyeWest about his friend A$AP Rocky’s incarceration. I will be calling the very talented Prime Minister of Sweden to see what we can do about helping A$AP Rocky. So many people would like to see this quickly resolved!
Friends in high places. :rolleyes:

It will backfire because it will look so bad if Trump tries to intervene.
 
Last edited:
Sincere question: Hate for Obama was (in hindsight) clearly a winner for the GOP come 2016. What makes hate for Trump "doing it wrong"? What distinction do you see between hate for Obama and hate for Trump that makes one party successful (as in winning a presidential election) and one an expected loser (according to you).

I eagerly await your analysis.

I hate to burst your bubble, but some people just vomit up a poorly thought out, unsupported and unsupportable rant then disappear. I wouldn't hold my breath for a return to this thread, as any sort of analysis would likely drive home the lack of understanding required to make such an opening salvo.
 
Friends in high places. :rolleyes:

It will backfire because it will look so bad if Trump tries to intervene.

It's the internet age "Spook Who Sat By the Door". See? I can't be racist. Why here I am helping out this black millionaire because of a request from a black billionaire. I'm not a racist; I'm a slut.
 
It's the internet age "Spook Who Sat By the Door". See? I can't be racist. Why here I am helping out this black millionaire because of a request from a black billionaire. I'm not a racist; I'm a slut.
Ohhh, points for one black friend even if the Swedes continue to persecute the black rapper. Yep!
 
One would hope said PM would tell him that no, I don't usually interfere with criminal investigations and prosecutions. Is that something American presidents do?

He'll probably tell the prosecuting authorities that they don't want to make a mistake when the person accused of assault is a well known black American rapper and they should be especially thorough with their investigation even if it means keeping him in custody for that bit longer.
 
Trump Tweets

Just spoke to @KanyeWest about his friend A$AP Rocky’s incarceration. I will be calling the very talented Prime Minister of Sweden to see what we can do about helping A$AP Rocky. So many people would like to see this quickly resolved!


It's so funny to see him flatter a guy because he wants something from him.
Remember this?!

Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They’re having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what’s happening in Brussels. You look at what’s happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris.
'Sweden, who would believe this?': Trump cites non-existent terror attack (The Guardian, Feb. 9, 2019)
 

Oh, and this is quite fun:

vjH2w7s.jpg


Not accurate though. That last sentence makes no sense and it's not what he was quoted as saying. Trump says a whole lot of really dumb stuff and I see no reason to misrepresent it.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/11/politics/immigrants-********-countries-trump/index.html

One of the sources briefed on the Thursday Oval Office meeting with lawmakers confirmed Trump asked, "Why do we want all these people from '****hole countries' coming here?"
It's pretty accurate.


The last bit was conflating a couple of things Trump said, possibly because, face it, he says so many hateful things that it is difficult to remember whether they were said on one occasion or spread over two
On another note, too many liberals/Dems are clueless...unless the goal is to lose another election.

It's not hate for the "brown people", or racism or evangelicals that got Trump elected, it is liberal progressives shoving their ideals down peoples throats for the past few decades. People have had enough of this crap.

Actually y'all could have won had you not run Hillary. But now? Your hate is out in full force. The crying, the accusations and fingerpointing, it's not going to work. You are doing it wrong. This forum is the same way.

People are so fixated on hating Trump and the right (and white people pretty much now) that they don't see it. You tar everyone with the same broad brush. You are going to lose another election with this attitude.

Most people I know that are in the middle or right-leaning feel the same way. They are sick of "liberals". That's it.

I don't want another 4 years of Trump but I don't want what I see on the other side of the aisle either. Not at all.

I don't see much hatred for white people on this board. I do see at least one self-proclaimed racist asserting his belief in white superiority.

I do see a lot of contempt for those who haven't abandoned Trump, yet act offended when it's pointed out that they're comfortable having racist fellow travellers. "I'm not racist, some of my best friends come from ******** countries and should go back home" isn't exactly convincing

I do see contempt for people who still try to bring Hilary Clinton into an argument as a defence of Trump's actions.

I do see contempt for people who wrap themselves in the flag (in Trump's case, literally) whilst ignoring the damage Trump is doing to US foreign policy, and his subservience to Putin. I also see contempt for people who deny that a hostile foreign power interfered in the 2016 election, and are blocking steps to address the vulnerabilities in many of the voting machines before the next election.

I do see contempt for people who pretend that Trump's behaviour, by its very blatant nature is different from previous presidents. Similarly, I see contempt for people who claim that there is no reason to question Trump's mental health or suitability for command.


I see contempt for those on the Evangelical Right who try to claim the moral high ground whilst supporting Trump, who is a serial adulterer and self-confessed sexual attacker.

ETA: I definitely see contempt for Fox news attacking Omar for "profanity" when she's attacking Trump's use of those words


But hatred of white people, no.
 
Last edited:
Iran's action in taking over the Pommy-flagged tanker is going to be a win for Trump - I'm betting he comes out smelling of roses on this one. It almost seems like deja vu on the Reagan/Iran hostage deal to me.
 
Trump Retweeted

Steve Scalise
@SteveScalise
The Do-Nothing Democrats' agenda this week:
→ Let Pelosi violate House rules to harass
@realDonaldTrump
→ Harass Trump some more with an impeachment resolution that failed 332-95
Not on the agenda:
→ Solve the border crisis
→ Anything to actually help hardworking families
 
Trump Retweeted

Katie Hopkins
@KTHopkins
The @realDonaldTrump has made #2020 a bold and binary decision.
Are you going to choose socialists, choose ISIS, choose the Palestinian flag, choose Cair? Or are you going to choose to Make America Great Again? Choose @realDonaldTrump

How I wish we had such leadership in the U.K.
“Don’t like this country? Don’t like what it gives you? Then leave”
Trump does not give offence. #TheSquad choose to take it. #TheSquad need to make better decisions

New Campaign slogan for #2020?
“Don’t love it? Leave it!”
Send her back is the new lock her up.
Well done to #TeamTrump
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

With the incompetent Mayor of London, you will never have safe streets!

Quote Tweet

Katie Hopkins
@KTHopkins
The Met Police Officers says they have lost control of London streets.
Apparently they lost control of their twitter account too
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom