• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but he beheaded people for disagreeing with him and was known for switching alliances on a dime and frequently ranting about loyalty. He also enjoyed the 1500s version of KFC and Big Macs. I don't know what his hair was like. Maybe the hair reincarnated from someplace else.

but at least what he did was mostly out of concern for his legacy, whereas Trump cares about nothing but the here and now.
 
Trump: "We had to cancel F-35 sales to Turkey, and its all Obama's fault"

From: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/politics/trump-turkey-s400-sales/index.html
Turkey will be banned from purchasing American F-35 fighter jets after acquiring a Russian air defense system...Speaking from the White House, Trump bemoaned the decision, saying it was the fault of the previous administration for refusing to sell Turkey a similar US system. That isn't accurate; the US has worked to sell Turkey a Patriot missile system since 2013, but Washington had balked at Turkey's technology transfer demands.... "I would say that (F-35 manufacturer) Lockheed isn't exactly happy. That's a lot of jobs. And frankly I've always had a very good relationship" with Erdogan, Trump added.
 
Genetic lines got mixed up a bit in the spiritual transmigration. Jared Kushner is actually Henry Fitzroy, and Ivanka is Elizabeth Blount. Or maybe Lady Hertford, Duchess of Somerset. Finally, Tiffany is Lady Jane Grey.

Being compared to Tiffany Trump is the worst thing to ever happen to Jane Grey.

Have you ever seen the 1986 film "Lady Jane"? It's pretty good, not a million percent historically accurate but worth seeing for the young and incredibly good-looking Helena Bonham Carter and Cary Elwes. They've both been in so much since people tend to forget how ridiculously gorgeous they used to be. Also Patrick Stewart's in it but he looks as Picard as ever.
 
Trump lost a critical NATO ally - I don't see how that makes America Great Again, but we must trust the Leader.
Under other circumstances, I would not necessarily criticize the president over this... after all, in some ways it was a no-win situation: A Turkish president who is trying to play the "big man", Russians who are good at manipulation, an unstable political situation in neighboring countries, etc. Its likely that any president would have had a similar problem with U.S./Turkish relations.

However, the fact that Trump has both attempted to divert blame onto Obama, while at the same time hyping up his own 'skills' means that I have little or no sympathy for his situation.
 
Kellyanne Conway questioned a reporter's ethnicity when he tried to ask about the Tweets.

Witness this exchange between Conway and Breakfast Media White House correspondent Andrew Feinberg regarding Trump's racist tweets over the weekend:
FEINBERG: Following up on the previous question: If the President was not telling these four congresswomen to return to their supposed countries of origin, to which countries was he referring?
CONWAY: What's your ethnicity?
FEINBERG: Um. Why is that relevant?
CONWAY: No, no -- because I'm asking a question. My ancestors are from Ireland and Italy.
FEINBERG: My own ethnicity is not relevant to the question I'm asking.
CONWAY: No no, it is, because you're asking, he said originally, he said originally from.


Meanwhile, her husband flat-out called Trump a racist.

In a Washington Post op-ed published Monday, George Conway wrote that Trump's actions on Sunday "left no doubt" that "naivete, resentment and outright racism, roiled in a toxic mix, have given us a racist president."


Those dinner table conversations must be really awkward.
 
FEINBERG: Following up on the previous question: If the President was not telling these four congresswomen to return to their supposed countries of origin, to which countries was he referring?
CONWAY: What's your ethnicity?
FEINBERG: Um. Why is that relevant?
CONWAY: No, no -- because I'm asking a question. My ancestors are from Ireland and Italy.
FEINBERG: My own ethnicity is not relevant to the question I'm asking.
CONWAY: No no, it is, because you're asking, he said originally, he said originally from.

Oh I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for that....

And I'm sure someone's going to be along any minute to let us know what it is. Any minute now. Any minute now.
 
Even now my main problem is "Well they are just racist bigots" doesn't really get us anywhere.

"Well they are just racist" is a problem, not a solution.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom