• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he said this crap so casually, so soberly, and so matter-of-factly for the whole world to see, now proves his racist beliefs and shows everyone his true colours beyond a shadow of doubt.

It's also, as Michelle Obama pointed out in her autobiography, a kind of show of force. When he bragged about sexually assaulting women, so casually, what hat he was also conveying was "I can hurt you and get away with it". Michelle said she recognised the attitude from many people before Trump.

I don't think "these brown people should go back to where they came from" is any different from "you can do anything, grab them by the ******". It's a demonstration that wealthy people, at least those with the right skin colour, can get away with things mere mortals would be shunned by their peers, or thrown in jail for.
 
And even the so-called "moderate" Republicans in Congress and elsewhere are staying mum. Disgusting. Shame on them all.

I thought that Paul Ryan was a bright, principled Republican. At one time I thought he would have made a good president.

I stand corrected.

Criticizing Trump now reeks of hypocrisy. When he was actually in a position to do something - call for censure or even just speak out - he took the coward’s path and essentially stood mute, which made him an enabler. An accomplice.

And that goes for all the republicans now who just go along with this freak show. I’m disgusted.
 
Last edited:
The President of the United States truly is a disgusting sack of ****.

You know, since Trump apparently believes that it doesn't matter if you're actually born in the US and that you should go back to your s-hole country, I'll remind him that his grandfather was an immigrant and that Trump himself treated Germany like a s-hole.

Let's throw him back there.
 
I thought that Paul Ryan was a bright, principled Republican. At one time I thought he would have made a good president.

I stand corrected.

Criticizing Trump now reeks of hypocrisy. When he was actually in a position to do something - call for censure or even just speak out - he took the coward’s path and essentially stood mute, which made him an enabler. An accomplice.

And that goes for all the republicans now who just go along with this freak show. I’m disgusted.

Ryan made his entire political life, from very early on, about one thing: fiscal conservatism.
And he flushed it all down the toilet so that Trump could give trillions of US taxpayer money to the richest.
Unless he is actually willing to challenge Trump, he can safely be ignored as the lemming he actually is.
 
It hasn't changed my opinion of him.

I've always thought him to be a scumbag piece of crap going back 30+ years. I've never been able to stomach the SOB, even less so now that the media whore is in our faces 24/7.

But I never really thought him to be as racist as people claimed him to be, albeit the garbage that's come out of his mouth over the years brings that to question sometimes.

This time is different though and it has cemented my doubts about his racist viewpoints. The trope he spewed out on Twitter can only come from a deep inbred type of prejudice that usually only surfaces in someone when they're under the influence of alcohol or in a heated argument (aka: temporarily losing control of their faculties).

The fact that he said this crap so casually, so soberly, and so matter-of-factly for the whole world to see, now proves his racist beliefs and shows everyone his true colours beyond a shadow of doubt.


Simply put: What I wasn't so sure of before, I am sure of now.

And his essentially doing the same thing before with a federal judge and calling all brown immigrants rapists wasn't enough?

Same **** different day.
 
And even the so-called "moderate" Republicans in Congress and elsewhere are staying mum. Disgusting. Shame on them all.

Makes sense, it isn't like the republican base is upset by this, why should they rock the boat and risk him coming at them? When was the last time an elected republican showed any kind of moral courage?
 
So not even Fox News takes Trump literally or seriously.

I just watched the first episodes of "The Loudest Voice" (about Roger Ailes and him pushing Fox News).

Don't know how accurate the series is, but it's very "enlightening" and fits how fox seems to be today.
 
Remember: in politics silence is consent. There are no economic or practical cost to denouncing Trump's completely unveiled racist attacks, which he has doubled down on.

The fact that Republicans have refused to denounce Trump en masse means they are, at the very least, content with him and accept his conduct as the president of the US let alone the leader of their party.
 
Interestingly, not one of his supporters here has turned up to defend it, or (in my dreams) admit it's bad.

They're playing their game. They are letting their opponents talk and talk into one of them slips up and says something, anything that isn't 100% technically correct, can be taken out of context, or can otherwise be latched onto as something they can be faux-outraged about that has to be clarified RIGHT NOW before we discuss Trump being at this point cartoonishly racist and then they'll descend on-masse.
 
So not even Fox News takes Trump literally or seriously.

Not really, that is the go to answer for when trump says something that is a bit beyond what they can accept, like second amendment solutions to a Hillary election. Then they just parade out he was joking and so it means nothing.

THough I did finally see him tell a joke, when he asked Putin not to interfere in the upcoming elections. Just look at him laughing at his own joke there.
 
Trump Tweets

Need I say more?

“We all know that AOC and this crowd are a bunch of Communists, they hate Israel, they hate our own Country, they’re calling the guards along our Border (the Border Patrol Agents) Concentration Camp Guards, they accuse people who support Israel as doing it for the Benjamin’s,...
....they are Anti-Semitic, they are Anti-America, we don’t need to know anything about them personally, talk about their policies. I think they are American citizens who are duly elected that are running on an agenda that is disgusting, that the American people will reject......

....What does it mean for America to have free Healthcare for Illegal Immigrants, no criminalization of coming into our Country - See how that works for controlling Immigration! They talk about Israel like they’re a bunch of thugs, not victims of the entire region. They wanted...
.....to impeach President Trump on DAY ONE. Make them the face of the future of the Democrat Party, you will destroy the Democrat Party. Their policies will destroy our Country!” @LindseyGrahamSC
 
Trump Tweets

Here we go with the Fake Polls. Just like what happened with the Election against Crooked Hillary Clinton. ABC, NBC, CNN, @nytimes, @washingtonpost, they all got it wrong, on purpose. Suppression Polls so early? They will never learn!
 
And even the so-called "moderate" Republicans in Congress and elsewhere are staying mum. Disgusting. Shame on them all.

Funny thing is, republicans who aren't in power are often slamming him. Bill Weld, Rick Wilson (who has clearly despised him from the start) and Joe Walsh (who actually comes off as a pretty principled guy on Twitter) have all been slamming him, among others.
 
Amash is just pissed that Trump with no ideals managed to succeed where is beloved Tea Party with fake ideals did not.
It's jealousy, not moral courage that drives Amash.

My impression is also that Amash just doesn't understand that political parties are coalitions of competing and overlapping agendas, rather than the pure ideology he seems to want them to be.

Increasingly, Republicanism has even shifted a bit further, to becoming what I would call a 'brand' or 'identity' rather than the product of government model preference or ideology. That is to say, increasingly I get the impression that Republicans suss out what other (meaning: famous) Republicans think, and just back it no matter what. There's some research supporting this model. Link: [Does Party Trump Ideology? Disentangling Party and Ideology in America]

It is leaking over into Canada as well. I have a cousin who is a hard core conservative (he volunteered to work with Reform, then CRAAP &c, and when they folded into the Tories, he worked on several Tory campaigns. He is now an outspoken MRA.) and I distinctly recall ten years ago he said that anybody who didn't support NAFTA was a 'traitor'. Last year we bumped into him at a family reunion, and he announced that anybody who supported NAFTA was a 'traitor'. Absolutely no consistency other than he's a Conservative and proud of it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom