phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Aug 25, 2010
- Messages
- 13,590
That post seems more to the point if read with a Russian accent.
Sorry, I can't imagine what "jejune" sounds like with a Russian accent.
That post seems more to the point if read with a Russian accent.
Sorry, I can't imagine what "jejune" sounds like with a Russian accent.
I'm intellectually aware that casinos aren't guaranteed profits makers, but I'll damned if that fact will ever make sense to me.
How do you possibly lose money when your business model is "People give us money, and we give a tiny percentage back... sometimes."
Unless you're running the casino dirty or your expenses are like... through the rough to the point it's laughable I just don't get it.
When I worked in London as a croupier in the late 80's Kerry Packer came in and gambled with us. Only the ladies got to deal to him but they told us what went on (he got his own private room). He played Blackjack. £1 million a box, £7 million a table, up to £10 million plus on the table if he split or doubled down. When he left we had made our operating profit for the year.Jamie Packer in Australia did a Trump with his casinos. He was honest enough with himself to realise he just wasn't a businessman like his dad was. Now he just has to cruise the world in his new superyacht and wonder what might have been.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Packer
The Justice Department is trying to stave off an "enforcement action" against Attorney General William Barr this week, making a rare offer to have the House Intelligence Committee review materials from special counsel Robert Mueller's report if House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff agrees to back down.
...
The Department has already begun the process of identifying, locating and reviewing the materials potentially responsive to the categories of documents," Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd wrote Tuesday, "a process that will not continue should the Committee take the unnecessary and unproductive step of moving to hold the Attorney General in contempt.
The Justice Department says its willing to hand over the full Mueller report IF the House Intelligence Committee drops the contempt actions against AG William Barr:
This is becoming a bad joke.
The Justice Department says its willing to hand over the full Mueller report IF the House Intelligence Committee drops the contempt actions against AG William Barr:

The Justice Department says its willing to hand over the full Mueller report IF the House Intelligence Committee drops the contempt actions against AG William Barr:
One word came to mind when I read this:
Blackmail.
In a nutshell: "drop the contempt thing or we hold the unredacted report hostage"
- Barr is a no-show, gets slammed with contempt.
- Don McGahn is now also a no-show, contempt charges are assumed to follow.
- Trump blocking, obstructing, barking out orders, and suing every step of the way throughout this entire process.
- And now we have blackmail to put the icing on the cake.
This is no longer just a partisan circus freak show that we can all point and laugh at, folks. IMO, the USA has officially stepped into a whole new era of complete and utter lawlessness of the land by its elected representatives.
Un-fricken-believable.
Well, thats movement I guess, but in Adam Schiff's position, I'd make a counter offer
1. The DoJ hands over the full, unredacted Mueller Report and all of the underlying evidence, witness statements and interview transcripts.
2. Barr testifies
3. McGann testifies
4. Mueller testifies
Once all four things happen, The House drops the contempt action.
Additionally,
5. The Justice Department agrees to instruct the FBI arrest anyone else who defies Congressional subpeonas and throws them in jail until they agree to testify.
You'd get my vote AnonyMoose
Trump Tweets
So even though I didn’t have to do it with Presidential Privilege, I allowed everyone to testify, including White House Counsel Don McGahn (for over 30 hours), to Robert Mueller and the 18 Angry Trump-Hating Democrats, and they arrived....
...at a conclusion of NO COLLUSION and NO OBSTRUCTION! The Dems were unhappy with the outcome of the $40M Mueller Report, so now they want a do-over.
Trump Tweets
John Brennan on the Mueller probe, “I don’t know if I received bad information, but I THINK I SUSPECTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN THERE ACTUALLY WAS.” Wow, he admits he was wrong! Congress should go back to work on drug prices etc.