• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Split Thread Scorpion's Spiritualism

... and your ego felt it important enough to create this entirely hilarious thread in order to parade around and tell people about your life as though you're just a world-weary sage who's been given the short end of the stick...

Just FYI, he didn't create the thread, a moderator did. It's a split from another thread.
 
Just FYI, he didn't create the thread, a moderator did. It's a split from another thread.

Fair enough. Although one can't browse this thread without getting the feeling that Scorpion really loves to talk about Scorpion. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he sat conversing with himself in the mirror. I don't have much sympathy.
 
There is. You have been quite open in sharing your diagnosis of mental illness. Hearing voices is a rather commonplace experience for people suffering from certain forms of mental illness.

Most people describe this as "butterflies", but yah, you're simply describing symptoms of anxiety.


He doesn't know anything about this because it is not real, but he will claim that he does. Have fun sliding around on the carpet in your socks.

You simply assume there is nothing in spiritualist theories, but you do not know. Why should mentally ill people hear voices ? You have no idea, so it is possible there may be unintelligent astral entities that obsess people, as spiritualist mediums say.
 
You simply assume there is nothing in spiritualist theories, but you do not know. Why should mentally ill people hear voices ? You have no idea, so it is possible there may be unintelligent astral entities that obsess people, as spiritualist mediums say.

You believe without proof, you use blind faith, and you accept what daft people tell you because you're daft enough to believe that they're actually talking to spirits, when the closest they've ever gotten to any spirit is in the booze aisle of their local Asda. And you go and talk about things people don't know.
 
You believe without proof, you use blind faith, and you accept what daft people tell you because you're daft enough to believe that they're actually talking to spirits, when the closest they've ever gotten to any spirit is in the booze aisle of their local Asda. And you go and talk about things people don't know.

Yea, it must be irritating that I don't capitulate, and turn myself in at the nearest mental hospital. But my entire life experience is that there probably is a spirit world, and they do communicate with us through some genuine mediums.

I am not put in my place by a bunch of atheists, because I think you are all wrong about almost everything.

I say again there must be a reason that people like me hear voices and I am about to risk life and limb exposing myself to static electricity to see if the voices are driven out. It won't be soon as Amazon predict it will be weeks before I receive my wimshurst machine. Maybe it has to come from abroad.
 
I say again there must be a reason that people like me hear voices and I am about to risk life and limb exposing myself to static electricity to see if the voices are driven out.


Is there someone in your life that you trust that knows about this plan?
 
Yea, it must be irritating that I don't capitulate, and turn myself in at the nearest mental hospital. But my entire life experience is that there probably is a spirit world, and they do communicate with us through some genuine mediums.

I am not put in my place by a bunch of atheists, because I think you are all wrong about almost everything.

I say again there must be a reason that people like me hear voices and I am about to risk life and limb exposing myself to static electricity to see if the voices are driven out. It won't be soon as Amazon predict it will be weeks before I receive my wimshurst machine. Maybe it has to come from abroad.

Who's you? You know nothing about my views on virtually anything besides how I think your views are silly, obviously unproven psychobabble. So, here's ten points for your own ironic ignorance about other peoples views.

Of course there's a reason you hear voices, you're suffering paranoid delusions that have been groomed by a few weird money-grabbing people who take advantage of your plight.

Talk about being wrong about everything, lol.
 
Is there someone in your life that you trust that knows about this plan?

No, but I will unbolt the door, so that if my sister cannot get me on the phone, she can get in without breaking down the door. I have been reading up on the safety of wimshurst machines, and as far as I can tell a low charge will not harm me, although it might be painful. I intend to try the machine out until I know how to store a low charge in the capacitors, then apply it to my stomach.
 
No, but I will unbolt the door, so that if my sister cannot get me on the phone, she can get in without breaking down the door. I have been reading up on the safety of wimshurst machines, and as far as I can tell a low charge will not harm me, although it might be painful. I intend to try the machine out until I know how to store a low charge in the capacitors, then apply it to my stomach.

Seems like a good idea. You should film this nonsense and post it up to Youtube, for science. Either that or you should get a grip of yourself and come back down to earth.
 
Who's you? You know nothing about my views on virtually anything besides how I think your views are silly, obviously unproven psychobabble. So, here's ten points for your own ironic ignorance about other peoples views.

Of course there's a reason you hear voices, you're suffering paranoid delusions that have been groomed by a few weird money-grabbing people who take advantage of your plight.

Talk about being wrong about everything, lol.

Paranoid delusions is one thing, but hearing voices in your ears is another. There is no doubt I hear voices whispering to me when it is quiet and there must be a reason for it. I am going to see if the reason is I have entities in my aura and they respond to static. That is an experiment worth trying.
 
Paranoid delusions is one thing, but hearing voices in your ears is another. There is no doubt I hear voices whispering to me when it is quiet and there must be a reason for it. I am going to see if the reason is I have entities in my aura and they respond to static. That is an experiment worth trying.

You're hearing voices in your head, like many people with paranoid delusions do, some people see things which aren't there, like my friend, who committed suicide by jumping in the Mersey last year. He didn't get the help that he needed, and neither are you, you should think about that before you meet the same end that he did due to paranoid delusions.
 
You're hearing voices in your head, like many people with paranoid delusions do, some people see things which aren't there, like my friend, who committed suicide by jumping in the Mersey last year. He didn't get the help that he needed, and neither are you, you should think about that before you meet the same end that he did due to paranoid delusions.

Sorry about your friend but I have been at this for donkeys years, and am not suicidal.

As I said, paranoid delusions are not the same thing as hearing voices.
 
Sorry about your friend but I have been at this for donkeys years, and am not suicidal.

As I said, paranoid delusions are not the same thing as hearing voices.

Here's your future, mate: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/missing-man-pulled-mersey-took-14905211

He had the same delusions, and he began doing strange things, like what you're doing with this static electricity crap you're planning.

He was seeing bugs that weren't there, spiders crawling in his bed, hearing voices, was found jogging in the streets without shoes on, all manner of things that should've set warning signals off, but nobody took it seriously, much like you don't take your problem seriously.

That's your future, mate. Seek the help that you need before you're fished out of a river and need your dental records to identify your decaying, bloated corpse. My mate can't be helped now, but you can. Do yourself a favour.
 
Here's your future, mate: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/missing-man-pulled-mersey-took-14905211

He had the same delusions, and he began doing strange things, like what you're doing with this static electricity crap you're planning.

He was seeing bugs that weren't there, spiders crawling in his bed, hearing voices, was found jogging in the streets without shoes on, all manner of things that should've set warning signals off, but nobody took it seriously, much like you don't take your problem seriously.

That's your future, mate. Seek the help that you need before you're fished out of a river and need your dental records to identify your decaying, bloated corpse. My mate can't be helped now, but you can. Do yourself a favour.

It is unfortunate what happened to your friend. Did he get any anti psychotic medication? Because that is about all the help you get in Britain today.
Psychiatrists are over stretched and there is no talking therapy for schizophrenics. I would not have objected to a nice national health nurse holding my hand, but there is no chance of that either.

The modern drugs do work, and I am on a low dose of abilify, but it does not stop the voices.
 
It is unfortunate what happened to your friend. Did he get any anti psychotic medication? Because that is about all the help you get in Britain today.
Psychiatrists are over stretched and there is no talking therapy for schizophrenics. I would not have objected to a nice national health nurse holding my hand, but there is no chance of that either.

The modern drugs do work, and I am on a low dose of abilify, but it does not stop the voices.

There's a great deal more to the story than what was reported by the Echo, but basically, he was poorly managed, some of my friends are making a case, but I don't know the details.

You can be helped, Scorpion, and you seem to allude to wanting someone to help you out, because it doesn't seem like you're in a happy place. I may laugh and joke, but I wouldn't wish for you to end up being pulled out of a river, mate.

There are options out there, places to go, people to talk to, but you have to want to do it, nobody can force you. Think about these things before doing anything silly, that's all I'll say on the matter. Good luck to you.

BTW, I agree, simply medicating a person isn't a way to solve the issue, but it can go a long way to helping solve the issue, and it can't be ignored, IMO.

As for the mediums who're giving you advice, I'd take them with a healthy pinch of salt, they don't seem to me to be your friends. If you have any friends that you can trust, speak to them, because my friend Chan kept his problems largely to himself, and look what happened there...
 
Last edited:
There is no doubt I hear voices whispering to me when it is quiet and there must be a reason for it.
The reason is that you have schizophrenia and hearing voices is a symptom of schizophrenia, in the same way that pain in the joints is a symptom of arthritis and spots on the skin is a symptom of measles. There are treatments and drugs that alleviate the symptoms of most illnesses, even chronic ones, but schizophrenia is a particularly tricky one I know, and it's sometimes difficult to find the right treatment for every patient. I hope you find a more effective treatment soon, but you won't get it from spiritualists and other woo merchants.
 
The reason is that you have schizophrenia and hearing voices is a symptom of schizophrenia, in the same way that pain in the joints is a symptom of arthritis and spots on the skin is a symptom of measles. There are treatments and drugs that alleviate the symptoms of most illnesses, even chronic ones, but schizophrenia is a particularly tricky one I know, and it's sometimes difficult to find the right treatment for every patient. I hope you find a more effective treatment soon, but you won't get it from spiritualists and other woo merchants.

Nobody knows how or why schizophrenics hear voices.
 
They may hear voices, but how and why?
You cited the study. I provided a link to the study you cited. Did you read it? You only have to read the abstract, not the whole thing, to get the general conclusion. People even repeated the explanation in the thread.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom