W.D.Clinger
Philosopher
Not to worry. You're butchering hamburger.I can't say I've wrapped my head around it completely yet and hopefully I'm not butchering up Mills' orbitsphere theory too badly.
Might as well explain how I know it's hamburger...
I think the purpose of that paragraph was to describe the vector basis for a function space and/or to describe a particular Lie group. I'm not certain of that, because Mills appears to be more interested in salting his paper with technical-sounding words and phrases than in doing legitimate math or physics.
The paragraph that follows equation (16) appears to have been written by someone who doesn't know what a vector basis is, what a Lie group is, and perhaps doesn't even know what a group is. Non-technical readers can garner some idea of how oddly that paragraph reads by Googling two of its peculiar phrases: "basis set current-vector field" (10 hits, all written by Mills) and "autocorrelation-type function" ("about 108 results", which was refined to 20 results when I looked at the second page of results). The word "group" appears only once in that 165-page paper, and even then it does not have its mathematical meaning.markie said:Mills response to Rathke can be found on the Millsian website here:
http://www.millsian.com/papers/Rathk...p012108Web.pdf
It's the lengthy version. I've read a much shorter and concise version but can't locate it.
I think the purpose of that paragraph was to describe the vector basis for a function space and/or to describe a particular Lie group. I'm not certain of that, because Mills appears to be more interested in salting his paper with technical-sounding words and phrases than in doing legitimate math or physics.
Last edited: