GUTCP came so close to taking its rightful place over quantum mechanics. After I solved all two-electron atoms in closed-form, I submitted a theoretical paper to Physical Review. The Editor was at that time was a European who communicated that this could be the most incredible theoretical discovery of our times. It actually represents the proverbial missing link between quantum mechanics and classical physics. It was such a big deal, that the Editor said that he had to be absolutely sure since it would disrupt the quantum theoretical community. So, he instructed me to solve all three-electron atoms classically, and if successful he would publish the paper. I had a day job working on power, but I was successful and resubmitted the paper now regarding exact classical solutions of all one, two, and three-electron atoms. In the intervening time, the Editor changed over to a US Professor who upon receiving it vowed that the breakthrough would never see the light of day, not on his watch. I kept working on the power and when I was confident of the results, I published and announced the results. In contrast to my anticipated reaction of excitement, the announcement provoked quantum activists the likes of Robert Park, Peter Zimmerman, Connett, Barth, and others to destroy hydrino and the underlying classical theory. QM must be defended! Too bad, even major physicists at Harvard and MIT communicated that they thought that I was on to something big. Hard to believe, but now it seems that the opposition is holding a grenade in their hands with a pulled pin. They won’t be able to let go until there is a commercial product, then boom, the end of quantum mechanics.