Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
The law is for little people!
Yes, Nixon did get many of the trappings of a presidential funeral. On the other hand:heh heh.
I think we could look to Nixon's funeral for comparison - I don't remember it having the pomp and circumstance.
ETA: I see Nixon's funeral had all the living presidents there.
Yet Trump was the one who picked Tillerson in the first place.
And the Republicans confirmed the nomination.
What does that say about their ability to judge talent and abilities?
"So often, the President would say here's what I want to do and here's how I want to do it and I would have to say to him, Mr. President I understand what you want to do but you can't do it that way. It violates the law."
Tillerson described Trump as "a man who's undisciplined, doesn't like to read, doesn't read briefing reports, doesn't like to get into the details of a lot of things but rather says 'this is what I believe.'"
MAGA!
The Dow fell 559 points, or 2.2%, on Friday as investors were left confused by conflicting messages coming out of the White House on the trade negotiations with China.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/07/investing/stock-market-today-navarro-kudlow/index.html
Yes, Nixon did get many of the trappings of a presidential funeral. On the other hand:
- Despite Nixon's failures and corrupt practices, he did do at least some good. (Opened relations with China for example). Can't think of anything at all that Trump has done that is anywhere near as notable
- Nixon was corrupt, but I personally think Trump's corruption is much much more severe than Nixon's, and thus a bit harder to overlook
- After leaving office, Nixon admitted that "he screwed up". He also took on the 'elder statesman' role, doing many of the things former presidents do... attending funerals for leaders of other countries, etc. Its hard to imagine Trump doing the same things when he's out of office
Because of that, its possible that Trump will get even less respect/ceremony than Nixon did.
I bet she also thinks the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor....
I do wonder what Trump's funeral will actually be like.
He signed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act and created the EPA. Nixon paved the way on normalizing relations with China. I'm annoyed that he scrapped worked on the Thorium Liquid Salt Reactors because he was trying to divert projects to California.
The number of active controversies is utterly overwhelming. In the age of Trump, it's impossible to give proper attention. In normal / semi-normal times...
The election fraud in NC would be seismic.
The power grab in WI would be seismic.
Rudy tossing Trump under the bus would be seismic.
Nominating a bimbo for UN Ambassador would be seismic.
Trump's non-secure cell phone would be seismic.
Declaring trade deals that don't exist (FAKE DEALS!) would be seismic.
"Falling in love" with Dear Leader would be seismic.
Declaring there is no longer a nuclear threat from NK would be seismic.
Russia steamrolling Ukraine would be seismic.
Pipe bombs sent to ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE would be seismic.
Suggesting that political opponents be locked up would be seismic.
I could go on at astounding length.
Here's what Rex Tillerson said about Trump.

And here's what Trump said about Tillerson. These are the 306 words Trump tweeted about Tillerson (thanks to someone on Twitter for compiling this):
You'll have to click on the image to make it big enough to read, thanks to some size limit this place imposes.
[qimg]http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_100585c0afe8df2571.jpg[/qimg]
Tikki torch parade to a phony grave site while the (flabby, gargantuan) body will be buried in an unmarked grave so as to prevent well-deserved desecration.I do wonder what Trump's funeral will actually be like.
Tikki torch parade to a phony grave site while the (flabby, gargantuan) body will be buried in an unmarked grave so as to prevent well-deserved desecration.
The phony site will, of course, have an honor guard of a number of white guys toting tricked-out AR-15's and dressed in unkempt, unclean XXXL sized cammo clothes. Unless it's raining.
Mexico?Seems likely, but who is going to pay for it? Those torches don't grow on trees.
And here's what Trump said about Tillerson. These are the 306 words Trump tweeted about Tillerson (thanks to someone on Twitter for compiling this):
You'll have to click on the image to make it big enough to read, thanks to some size limit this place imposes.
[qimg]http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_100585c0afe8df2571.jpg[/qimg]
Yes. If you're in uniform (cover or not), the salute should be the standard military salute. If you're in civilian dress, it should be the hand over heart salute.
Whether you have a cover or not is immaterial.
Back on the main subject that started this, though, snopes posted an article:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-bush-funeral-hand-heart/
Long story short: Rated as Mostly False. The picture was selective.
That is what we legal beagles call a fishing expedition.
This was not a good day for TrumpyMcTrumpface.The number of active controversies is utterly overwhelming. In the age of Trump, it's impossible to give proper attention. In normal / semi-normal times...
The election fraud in NC would be seismic.
The power grab in WI would be seismic.
Rudy tossing Trump under the bus would be seismic.
Nominating a bimbo for UN Ambassador would be seismic.
Trump's non-secure cell phone would be seismic.
Declaring trade deals that don't exist (FAKE DEALS!) would be seismic.
"Falling in love" with Dear Leader would be seismic.
Declaring there is no longer a nuclear threat from NK would be seismic.
Russia steamrolling Ukraine would be seismic.
Pipe bombs sent to ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE would be seismic.
Suggesting that political opponents be locked up would be seismic.
I could go on at astounding length.
[qimg]https://i.imgur.com/anjjTW3.jpg[/qimg]