• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency 11: Insert something funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember during the primary that HRC ran into Carly Fiorini's (or whatever her last name is) husband at a voting prexinct. They exchanged pleasantries, and when she left, she said, "Say hi to Carly for me."

So she can be perfectly pleasant, even with people ahe disagrres with vehemently.

HRC was well liked by Republican lawmakers that she worked with. Many who would turn around and bash her on right wing radio. Both Hillary and Bill compartmentalized personal and political. She had lots of friends on both sides of the aisle.

Trump though is on another planet when it comes to civility, so I don't believe she will be anything but curt towards him.
 
.....
So she can be perfectly pleasant, even with people ahe disagrres with vehemently.

Most professional politicians are perfectly capable of functioning as decent human beings. They can disagree with each other, and still believe (or at least pretend to) that everybody wants what's best for America, that they just have different opinions of how to get there, and the established political/legal process is the best way to find a path forward. Only Trump sees the world like a toddler: Everything is about him, and it's all personal.
 
Why in the hell would Trump salute a NK general? Under no circumstances is that appropriate. What a doofus.

The general saluted him and as soon as Trump’s arm started to move, the General put his hand forward as if to shake hands. Trump, who bragged that he didn’t need to prepare for the trip, then saluted the general. There is a video of the event. Of course, over in NK, they just used this single frame as propaganda that the US acknowledges NK’s superiority.
 
Most professional politicians are perfectly capable of functioning as decent human beings. They can disagree with each other, and still believe (or at least pretend to) that everybody wants what's best for America, that they just have different opinions of how to get there, and the established political/legal process is the best way to find a path forward. Only Trump sees the world like a toddler: Everything is about him, and it's all personal.

Exactly, another example of this perspective is that within each party, there is an expectation that if you are loyal to the party, then the party will be loyal to you (barring scandals, indictments, and such). But for President Trump, it is always a one-way street - everyone is expected to be loyal to him, but he offers no loyalty in return. And once he decides to cut you loose, then it is almost certainly followed up with slurs against your character. You are not allowed to simply walk away; you have to be discredited and maligned.
 
Hmm, despite my earlier words, and while thinking about it, I think that's probably appropriate for the sitting President. While not military, he is the commander-in-chief; but then again, civilian control of the military is supposed to be one of our principals. So I dunno, could see it either way. Couldn't say with any authority, though, with regard to what official protocol should be there.

And really, there's more than enough valid criticisms of our current President that we can skip the small stuff ;)

I agree with your last statement. It's been said here a number of times, including by me.

I didn't post it as a criticism. I did notice that some people were critical of the issue, but I was curious about how veterans viewed it and your observation is enlightening, so thanks.
 
Trump Tweets

Arizona, together with our Military and Border Patrol, is bracing for a massive surge at a NON-WALLED area. WE WILL NOT LET THEM THROUGH. Big danger. Nancy and Chuck must approve Boarder Security and the Wall!
 
Last edited:
Half an hour before the bomb threat to CNN Trump Tweeted

FAKE NEWS - THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!
 
In what should not be a surprise for anyone, anywhere, it appears that Trump has been using undocumented workers at his property

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/us/trump-bedminster-golf-undocumented-workers.html

The problem with using undocumented workers is that they tend to get pissed off when you constantly insult them, and then come forward, even knowing they will be deported.

Didn't one of Clinton's AG nominees get zorched because it was discovered that she had not paid taxes for a housekeeper, or something like that?

Interesting story, although, as you say, not very surprising.

I especially liked this tidbit;

That same year, she said, Mr. Trump had an outburst over some orange stains on the collar of his white golf shirt, which Ms. Diaz described as stubborn remnants of his makeup, which she had difficulty removing.
 
Trump Tweets

Arizona, together with our Military and Border Patrol, is bracing for a massive surge at a NON-WALLED area. WE WILL NOT LET THEM THROUGH. Big danger. Nancy and Chuck must approve Boarder Security and the Wall!

Apparently, we are facing a surge of lies as well. I cannot decide what children’s story best describes DJT: The President Who Cried Wolf or The President’s New Clothes.
 
I was thinking about the differences between GHWB and DJT and I suddenly remembered That old, old cartoon Goofus and Gallant.
 
I was going to say that, but isn't it possible in the US military for a salute without a cover?

Yes. If you're in uniform (cover or not), the salute should be the standard military salute. If you're in civilian dress, it should be the hand over heart salute.

Whether you have a cover or not is immaterial.

Back on the main subject that started this, though, snopes posted an article:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-bush-funeral-hand-heart/

Long story short: Rated as Mostly False. The picture was selective.
 
I agree with your last statement. It's been said here a number of times, including by me.

I didn't post it as a criticism. I did notice that some people were critical of the issue, but I was curious about how veterans viewed it and your observation is enlightening, so thanks.

No worries, my final comment was more a general aside to the thread, not intended as specific to you. I just quoted your post as a start point for my soapboxing :D
 
Obama coffee-cup-salute got about 3 weeks of constant outrage, while Bush hold-dog-salute got crickets.

What a pant-load. The Deep Media at Fox has been trying to undermine Trump since Day One. A recent example...

DQuhgdgW4AEH8DS.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom