• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency 11: Insert something funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you put something in your Tweet that looks like a URL, Twitter assumes it is a URL. As for the HTML, Twitter automatically converts the content of your tweet into the HTML necessary to display that tweet within a browser.
Got it.

So as to the substance of that tweet - he thinks someone should be "supervising" Mueller? Who does he think that would be?
 
Granted, the other Former Presidents were not at today's ceremony, either. I do hope they take the opportunity to talk as a group privately to the current one.

I'm still wondering if he's going to try to weasel out of attending the service, though. What excuse could he use? Severe intestinal distress? Heart issues?

Traffic.
 
Got it.

So as to the substance of that tweet - he thinks someone should be "supervising" Mueller? Who does he think that would be?


Rudy Giuliani, a former prosecutor, apparently believes the subject(s) of a criminal investigation should supervise the investigation.

As I wrote earlier, some people are amazingly stupid. You can, for example, find people who agree with Giuliani on this point.
 
This forum does it too. Type www .google.com and it'll link it: www.google.com, because it sees the www. and assumes it's a url. But since www. is becoming less common these days, Twitter just jumped the gun by assuming any valid tld (.com, .in, .etc) is probably a link.

No jump the gun. It's a necessity. 140 char limit makes long addresses prohibitive. That's why tiny URLs started cropping up.
 
Rudy Giuliani, a former prosecutor, apparently believes the subject(s) of a criminal investigation should supervise the investigation.

As I wrote earlier, some people are amazingly stupid. You can, for example, find people who agree with Giuliani on this point.

This is, of course, the same Rudy who thought in 2008 that merely declaring his candidacy for President in 2008 would result in is being declared President by acclamation. There is simply no other explanation for his non-campaign.
 
And I learned something new. Since Rudy often omits spaces after periods the Internet should be looking for .uk (not likely) or some other country. I'm not very informed about what possible links could arise in normal tweeting. Someone ought to be on the lookout for those, though. What are some other configurations that might arise?
 
I just watched the 2016 White House Correspondents' Dinner again. What a class act Obama was and is. When I think of the ignorant, humorless, nasty, narcissistic, pathological liar that inhabits the Oval Office now, I just cringe. No wonder Trump hates Obama; he compares so poorly and he knows it. Give the Dinner a watch again to see how a true POTUS acts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxFkEj7KPC0
 
No jump the gun. It's a necessity. 140 char limit makes long addresses prohibitive. That's why tiny URLs started cropping up.

Twitter will let you put in a url that will make a tweet exceed the usual character limit.
 
trump Tweets

Looking forward to being with the Bush Family to pay my respects to President George H.W. Bush.

Even when he reigns in the narcissistic crazy there's still something slightly off-key, as if you're dealing with someone who's only knowledge of human interaction comes second hand. Adding an "I'm", "We're" or "Melania and I are" to the beginning would have made it sound less like he was waiting for a high five at the end and shown that he cared enough to write a complete sentence, but 'looking forward' to attending a funeral is massively tone deaf at best.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom