You gonna stand by that?
Ooops, no way. For some reason I had surface area in mind. Circumference is of course a linear dimension. Thanks for the correction.
You gonna stand by that?
Here's something curious.
Figure 4 in Anomalous Head from Atomic Hydrogen in Contact with Potassium Carbonate is identical to Figure 2 in Nascent Hydrogen: An Energy Source.
Didn't Markie tell us that those were completely different experiments and that the former was just a preliminary trial to the more comprehensive latter?
[qimg]https://images.buyagift.co.uk/common/client/Images/Product/Extralarge/en-GB/11871609-large-4.jpg[/qimg]
Yes they were two different experiments. The latter simply referenced some of the former, including setup diagrams. I don't see the problem.
ESCA analyses were also done by Lehigh on samples of nickel tubing removed from coil #4. The results of these analyses show the characteristic hydrino peak at 55 eV. This peak is shown in Figure 2, confirming that excess heat can be produced by diffusion of hydrogen through nickel contacting K2CO2 as well as by electrolysis.
Oh, I do:
Sure. works with fire: wood, coal, oil, propane, natural gas, etc. Also works with nuclear fission. It would work with hydrinos or cold fusion, if either of those actually produced heat.
Given you are only skeptical as opposed to biased, you are probably in the minority.
For sure it is up to Mills to show a device that is clearly working and producing useful amounts of excess energy. But for people like me who take over over two decades of experimental evidence at face value, a device doesn't have to be close to market in order to believe in a lower energy state of hydrogen.
I highly doubt that another company would have succeeded. They would have given up long ago, as did Thermacore. Mills is uniquely positioned as a driven theoretician, experimentalist and business owner.

What do you think is the difference between being skeptical and being biased? I do not believe there is such a thing as a hydrino. But give me evidence and I will change my mind. The more and the better evidence presented, the more I will believe in the possibility of Hydrinos. Right now it is zero. Does that make me biased? How about you? Are you biased? You sounds like a true believer to me. Your scepticism seems to me to go out the windows when you hear Mills name.
What do you want to do, visit the labs yourself?And all I see are claims of experimental evidence, no evidence as such.
I honestly do not understand why you venerate Mills so much. He has a lot of claims but no products and his research is not accepted anywhere in the scientific community. What concrete successes are you referring to?
I think you seriously underestimate the enormity of Mills claims. He is basically claiming to have invented free energy. If that was true it would drastically change the world. The profit would be immense. Nations would spend billions on research IF they though it a possibility. Heck, if Saudiarabia believed they might even invite Mills to their closest consulate.![]()
You would be biased if it your mindset prevented you from looking at the evidence in a fair way. Yet, if appears you haven't even looked at the evidence, given you give hydrinos a "zero" possibility. If you have read Mill's latest paper from earlier this year from the Chinese Journal of Physics, and have read the other relatively few previous papers that have not been paywalled, and you have looked at Rowan university reports and have looked at the various validation reports and are still "zero", then I can't help you. In fact, you will have to help yourself anyway. If you care.
His research is accepted in certain circles in academia and business. But then the pseudoskeptic mantra is if it's not in Nature or Science or on a Home Depot shelf it can't be real.
Markie,
If hydrinos are real why isn't this 'below' ground state for hydrogen atoms not seen around the world, it seems to only appear for Mills.
Why isn't this observed everywhere?
My education is in economics. I have no competence to evaluate state of the art physics. I do listen to what people with relevant competence say. And from that I draw my conclusion on the scientific side of things. I have read some of the non-scientifical stuff and it all looks fishy to me. The modus operandi of the operation alerts my scam-sensors. But again, show me the evidence, or rather show that the relevant experts accept the evidence, or even better show a working product and I would be very happy that I was wrong the whole time. I have no stake in this emotionally or economically. Can you say the same? "Certain circles" is such a vague expression that it is practically meaningless. Could you please point to what circles you are referring to?
You would be biased if it your mindset prevented you from looking at the evidence in a fair way. Yet, if appears you haven't even looked at the evidence, given you give hydrinos a "zero" possibility. If you have read Mill's latest paper from earlier this year from the Chinese Journal of Physics, and have read the other relatively few previous papers that have not been paywalled, and you have looked at Rowan university reports and have looked at the various validation reports and are still "zero", then I can't help you. In fact, you will have to help yourself anyway. If you care.
What do you want to do, visit the labs yourself?
His research is accepted in certain circles in academia and business. But then the pseudoskeptic mantra is if it's not in Nature or Science or on a Home Depot shelf it can't be real.
The proposed hydrino reaction is no more "free energy" than is combustion or fission. IOW it isn't free and it is much more difficult to master than combustion or fission. So much for instant gratification.
Dude. The “evidence” is garbage. You’re the one who is biased. You’re defending a paper with a missing page that reused a graph from something else for crying out loud!
Consider my 'investment' in this dialogue as due to my personally felt moral obligation to bring some fairness into the discussion of Mills and his discoveries.
You appear to be content looking at Wikipedia and Main Street Science for your information. You will have to dig deeper and discover for yourself the relatively few scientists who have worked with Mills and backed him in his discoveries over the years.
Were your Spidey senses tingling before the financial crash of 2008? Why not? The huge festering problem preceding it was, incredibly, not in the purview of the mainstream, nor even considered by the vast majority of 'experts' in finance.
Lesson learned? Count me skeptical.
Fairness?Consider my 'investment' in this dialogue as due to my personally felt moral obligation to bring some fairness into the discussion of Mills and his discoveries.
really?
Oh yes, everybody here would just love for Mills' claims to be true. That is why, despite no one offering a plausible scientific explanation for the excess heat in this one simple, early experiment from 1994, the only response from pseudoskeptics is to assume that the excess heat observed is somehow a mistake or a result of fraud.
Now, imagine if helium did not have discrete spectral lines at all. How long would it have taken to discover it? Then it would have akin to hydrino: very small, inert, not detectable by spectral lines, and escaping rapidly to space.
I thought spectral analysis was one of the purported pieces of evidence for the hydrino?