phunk
Illuminator
- Joined
- Aug 10, 2007
- Messages
- 4,127
And I was correct! They did not blow up on their own.
"Did not" and "could not" don't mean the same thing. A bomb not going off doesn't mean it isn't a bomb.
And I was correct! They did not blow up on their own.
"Anonymous," literally the very first word in the post was absolutely wrong. That is remarkable!
His name is Tom Sauer, say his name.
A bomb not going off doesn't mean it isn't a bomb.
Liars lie. It’s their stup-erpower.My prediction is that this and similar replies will be ignored. The wingnuts will push the narrative that the bombs were harmless, pointing to the National Review article. They rely on the fact that most people won't check the original AP quote. In online discussions they can stall any line of argument with this disinformation, making centrists want for everyone to "agree to disagree".
It's an example of a big lie. Lying even after being confronted with the evidence.
You called him anonymous....
False. You have yet to post a single valid argument in favor of your assertions. Again links to what someone else wrote on twitter are not arguments. They could be used as (poor) support for an argument, but they are not arguments in their own right and hold no value because the person writing them isn’t here to respond.I have explained my position repeatedly with supporting citations to third party sources.
You think this is evidence for your claim?
The President of the United States is literally saying that Mainstream Media is Fake News. That's literally what he's claiming right there. You should not believe what the media (mainstream media, at least) say.
Right. Totally responsible.
This doesn’t tell us whether they were connected when the bomb was mailed, so no it doesn’t “do the trick”
"Did not" and "could not" don't mean the same thing. A bomb not going off doesn't mean it isn't a bomb.
If I wanted to send a fake pipe bomb, I would fill the pipe with sand instead of actual explosive material and glass shards.
I know it's one of those things that keeps reseting your brain, you think it just can't be true but it's there in black and white...Do we seriously have people arguing that these bombs "don't count" because they didn't go off?
Seriously?
I mean I know it is true, I can see people literally arguing that, but...
Correct. We know nothing about who he really is or what expertise he really has. The only thing we do know is that whoever they are they have no special access to the details of this case.
False. You have yet to post a single valid argument in favor of your assertions. Again links to what someone else wrote on twitter are not arguments. They could be used as (poor) support for an argument, but they are not arguments in their own right and hold no value because the person writing them isn’t here to respond.
If you were sitting on a jury, and the state was bringing a charge of attempted murder, and the bomb maker testified that they never connected the components, and the recipient testified that they had not tampered with the device, and the technical expert testified that the components were not connected when they examined the device, and you heard the same testimony about the other seven devices... You would still find the defendant guilty of attempted murder?
I know it's one of those things that keeps reseting your brain, you think it just can't be true but it's there in black and white...
Now that's not fair. We know more than that.Correct. We know nothing about who he really is or what expertise he really has. The only thing we do know is that whoever they are they have no special access to the details of this case.You called him anonymous....
"Did not" and "could not" don't mean the same thing. A bomb not going off doesn't mean it isn't a bomb.
I'm leaning towards the conclusion that the devices weren't intended to explode.
I have been trying to explain that too.
Now that's not fair. We know more than that.
For example, we know this particular 'expert' is a fan of Trump and his policies. (He has tweeted support for a border wall, for example). He also tweeted a picture of Ginsberg on the supreme court with Trump looking at his watch with the caption 'soon', indicating he is hoping for the death of another individual. He may also be a fan of conspiracy theories.
And this is the person that TBD considers an 'expert'.