• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

New SCOTUS Judge II: The Wrath of Kavanaugh

Yeah, because that was proven. SMH.

You're right it wasn't even close to being proven. Only a complete idiot ignorant of facts would assert such nonsense.

This Professor from the University of Ottawa basically dismantles Ford's pathetic shtick and the SJW, men hating institution she belongs to.

 
Last edited:
And I remembered the brilliant essay I had read by John Locke describing the separation of powers, and decided it was so brilliant that I needed to go back and reread it. It was a bit hard to find googling it, because it turns out that it wasn't by Locke at all. It was by Montesquieu.


Oh, well. I read it last over 30 years ago. One can't expect perfect memory of something from so long ago.


Locke was indeed very influential, and Montesquieu's ideas were refinements of Locke's, but it was Montesquieu's formulation that was used in drafting the constitution.
 
And yet, that is the alternative facts large swaths of people settle in with.

The majority of Americans also believe in a God without credible facts supporting the claim. If they can believe that load of nonsense, they certainly can believe this false narrative.

Nothing about the gullibility of humans surprises me and never will.
 
And I remembered the brilliant essay I had read by John Locke describing the separation of powers, and decided it was so brilliant that I needed to go back and reread it. It was a bit hard to find googling it, because it turns out that it wasn't by Locke at all. It was by Montesquieu.


Oh, well. I read it last over 30 years ago. One can't expect perfect memory of something from so long ago.


Locke was indeed very influential, and Montesquieu's ideas were refinements of Locke's, but it was Montesquieu's formulation that was used in drafting the constitution.

******* John Locke! I loved that guy!

 
The majority of Americans also believe in a God without credible facts supporting the claim. If they can believe that load of nonsense, they certainly can believe this false narrative.

Nothing about the gullibility of humans surprises me and never will.

Sadly.
 
And I remembered the brilliant essay I had read by John Locke describing the separation of powers, and decided it was so brilliant that I needed to go back and reread it. It was a bit hard to find googling it, because it turns out that it wasn't by Locke at all. It was by Montesquieu.


Oh, well. I read it last over 30 years ago. One can't expect perfect memory of something from so long ago.


Locke was indeed very influential, and Montesquieu's ideas were refinements of Locke's, but it was Montesquieu's formulation that was used in drafting the constitution.


Hah, you say that now....
 

It sad, but it's true. People believe in all kinds of false things for bad reasons. Provide what sounds like a good story for something, people will believe it. Aliens at Area 51, Spain sunk the Maine, The mob/or the CIA murdered JFK, 911 was a false flag operation, Obama was born in Kenya, etc, etc etc. And they are significantly quicker to believe a false story if it fits into their already preconceived ideas.

I don't know if Kavanaugh did what Dr. Ford accused her of. I believe her. I don't believe him. Dr. Ford's story was certainly not credibly refuted, but neither was it corroborated. But the Republicans will beat that drumbeat the investigation didn't prove her story so he's truthful and she's a liar, never mind that's a fallacious argument.

You look at Christianity which is based on 4 eyewitness (The gospels) which weren't and couldn't have been eyewitnesses and who's authorship is entirely unknown and the epistles of Paul who didn't know the real life Jesus at all. So on what basis do they say this is true? Every reason, I've ever heard is fallacy of one kind or another.

We're at a very dangerous time for humanity, the planet and our great republic. And the reason are the lies, the liars that tell them and most of all the gullibility of the people who believe what they want or are predisposed to believe.
 
... I believe her. I don't believe him. Dr. Ford's story was certainly not credibly refuted, but neither was it corroborated. ....
I think it's easier for some of us to know exactly what Ford was talking about. I have personal experiences that I can relate to.

When I hear Grassley and Graham dismissing Ford it makes my blood boil.
 
It should be noted that dozens of corroborating witnesses were not interviewed in the "investigation."

Bart was also not interviewed to shield him from telling lies to the FBI.
 
The GOP is completely tone-deaf when it comes to #MeToo - they just don't understand how insulting it is to tell a victim: "you got the wrong guy".
 
I think it's easier for some of us to know exactly what Ford was talking about. I have personal experiences that I can relate to.

When I hear Grassley and Graham dismissing Ford it makes my blood boil.

I get that.

As a horn dog teenage male, I know I was aggressively trying to get laid. I remember going in for a couple of kisses and being embarrassingly rebuffed and trying again later on in the date when I never really got much of a message that it wasn't something she was now open to only to be rebuffed again. Still i never did anything close to what Kavanaugh was accused of.

Fighting off men is pretty much a necessary skill for a women and not all guys take the answer 'no' very well. And teenage boys in particular are the most sexist and least able to control themselves physically, emotionally and sexually. If women find men/boys scary , you could hardly blame the women.
 
I get that.

As a horn dog teenage male, I know I was aggressively trying to get laid. I remember going in for a couple of kisses and being embarrassingly rebuffed and trying again later on in the date when I never really got much of a message that it wasn't something she was now open to only to be rebuffed again. Still i never did anything close to what Kavanaugh was accused of.

Fighting off men is pretty much a necessary skill for a women and not all guys take the answer 'no' very well. And teenage boys in particular are the most sexist and least able to control themselves physically, emotionally and sexually. If women find men/boys scary , you could hardly blame the women.

Remember what Ford said was the worst thing? Those two jerks laughing at her expense. That is what I relate to. It's not about a guy trying to get his hand under your blouse when you are pushing him away. Trust me, maybe some ladies recall obnoxious dates ;) like you are describing and think that qualifies*. That is not what #metoo is about and if people start going there we'll all be accused of SJW snowflakism.

Date rape, attempted date rape, actual sexual assault are different from a wandering hands date. Ford was actually sexually assaulted. It wasn't just a guy getting too pushy who wasn't really attempting assault.


*Take a gander at some of the threads surrounding elevatorgate if you haven't already to see how some SJWs have gone awry.
 
Last edited:
I get that.

As a horn dog teenage male, I know I was aggressively trying to get laid. I remember going in for a couple of kisses and being embarrassingly rebuffed and trying again later on in the date when I never really got much of a message that it wasn't something she was now open to only to be rebuffed again. Still i never did anything close to what Kavanaugh was accused of.

Fighting off men is pretty much a necessary skill for a women and not all guys take the answer 'no' very well. And teenage boys in particular are the most sexist and least able to control themselves physically, emotionally and sexually. If women find men/boys scary , you could hardly blame the women.

I agree. Men and boys need to be educated to not do these things to women. A big part of it would be comprehensive sex education at an early age. Also, education about bullying, assault, harassment and respect needs to be taught early. This should be in public schools and required.

Women would do well to learn self-defense too, since many men are republican predators.
 
Ford was not beleievable and got blown out of the water when her three other witnesses did not back her up.


Your alternate universe where "I don't remember" means anything other than "they don't know" might also be the one where Spock has the goatee. If so say hi to him.
 
I don't know if Kavanaugh did what Dr. Ford accused her of. I believe her. I don't believe him. Dr. Ford's story was certainly not credibly refuted, but neither was it corroborated.
Well one poster is now saying witnesses didn't back her up, which is actually progress from the position that witnesses said it didn't happen. Baby steps.

Going full-on speculation: I don't think Kavanaugh knows if he did it. He was coached somewhat I think to go on the offensive. But there were some non-denial denials on Fox and in testimony that make me believe he does know about blackouts and has been told about behavior that I'm sure he considers out of character.

And since it's speculation I'll add this. Kavanaugh doesn't think he did it; but if he did, he believe his intentions are not what Ford said. Pinning a woman down, wrestling with her, putting a hand over her mouth - he may have considered that horseplay, no big deal, certainly not a rape attempt. While for her it definitely was to the extent of fear for her life. So he can totally deny that he's that sort of person, and mean it.

Frankly it doesn't sound like he's grown up much since then and it's quite possible he continues to have problems with alcohol, but of course I have no idea.

If he's a hothead, reckless with facts and inclined to objectify women it may make him less effective as a justice. I'm not sure the media (or the public) should be hounding him 24-7 but he bears watching. I watched Rehnquist for years on civil rights, but he turned out more or less OK - he certainly no longer supported Jim Crow laws. Sometimes justices get to write dissents knowing full well that their dissent is not going to carry the day. They work it out among themselves. Sometimes though there are majority decisions that seem political and potentially alarming, like when they decided in favor of Bush (v. Gore) basically because enough was enough; it had to be settled at some point.
 
Remember what Ford said was the worst thing? Those two jerks laughing at her expense. That is what I relate to. It's not about a guy trying to get his hand under your blouse when you are pushing him away. Trust me, maybe some ladies recall obnoxious dates ;) like you are describing and think that qualifies*. That is not what #metoo is about and if people start going there we'll all be accused of SJW snowflakism.

Date rape, attempted date rape, actual sexual assault are different from a wandering hands date. Ford was actually sexually assaulted. It wasn't just a guy getting too pushy who wasn't really attempting assault.


*Take a gander at some of the threads surrounding elevatorgate if you haven't already to see how some SJWs have gone awry.

Trust me. I know guys like these. Rich teenage boy princes given everything. I know guys with close to nothing that acted similar. I had a roommate who would go out on a date and bring them back to the house and if the girl said no to him, he would just go to bed leaving them to their own devices. I would come home from my shift at the restaurant I worked at at 1 in the morning to find a girl crying on the couch. Inevitably I would drive them home.

And he didn't hold a candle to the boorish pricks I met when was being rushed by the Frats.

I'll look into the other threads, but I'm afraid I'll get angry.
 
Trust me. I know guys like these. Rich teenage boy princes given everything. I know guys with close to nothing that acted similar. I had a roommate who would go out on a date and bring them back to the house and if the girl said no to him, he would just go to bed leaving them to their own devices. I would come home from my shift at the restaurant I worked at at 1 in the morning to find a girl crying on the couch. Inevitably I would drive them home.

And he didn't hold a candle to the boorish pricks I met when was being rushed by the Frats.

I'll look into the other threads, but I'm afraid I'll get angry.
You so understand.

:hug6
 
Well one poster is now saying witnesses didn't back her up, which is actually progress from the position that witnesses said it didn't happen. Baby steps.

Going full-on speculation: I don't think Kavanaugh knows if he did it. ...
He ******* knows and so does his buddy Judge.
 
There are ongoing roundups of brown people. ICE (an agency that needs to be disbanded and all its agents sent to prison) are rounding people up if they don't look white enough. I've seen story after story about it on social media.

snipped


Uh, are you aware that Obama deported more people than any other president?
How does he compare to other presidents?
According to governmental data, the Obama administration has deported more people than any other president's administration in history.
In fact, they have deported more than the sum of all the presidents of the 20th century
.

More sources comparing Trumps deportation rate to Obamas. (slower than obamas!)

Did you whine this much about Obamas deportations or only Trumps? I'm truly curious.

https://www.economist.com/united-st...-deporting-fewer-people-than-barack-obama-did
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/08/trump-deportations-behind-obama-levels-241420
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...-is-deporting-fewer-immigrants-than-obama-did
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/8/10/16119910/trump-deportations-obama
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom