• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

New SCOTUS Judge II: The Wrath of Kavanaugh

I doubt there will be any more looking into his past. If anyone had any further insight, they'd have come out by now. He just plain got away with it. As most men do. But I do hope you are right about "justices sometimes temper their partisanship once on the court." Now that he is guaranteed his position for life, he won't have to kowtow to Trump or the Republicans. Unless, of course, he wants to in gratitude.
No, I suspect journalists are giving him a good look. And if the Democrats take back the House, they can launch an investigation of Kavanaugh about perjury for example. That said, he is a galvanizing figure. Most justices fade into the background. Mr 'I like beer' is unlikely to be able to do that.
 
Actually quite a lot of people had further insight, and did come out by now, but the FBI was forbidden from contacting them by the White House. The ABA has no such qualms, it does its own investigations, uses its own definition for perjury and standard of proof thereof, and has at least 1200 law professors who last I heard were a mite peeved about all the shenanigans. Maybe nothing will come of that, maybe we'll get to find out what happens when a sitting justice is disbarred, either way it's out of our electoral hands.

Oh noes! The ABA is going to disbar him!
 
Actually quite a lot of people had further insight, and did come out by now, but the FBI was forbidden from contacting them by the White House. The ABA has no such qualms, it does its own investigations, uses its own definition for perjury and standard of proof thereof, and has at least 1200 law professors who last I heard were a mite peeved about all the shenanigans. Maybe nothing will come of that, maybe we'll get to find out what happens when a sitting justice is disbarred, either way it's out of our electoral hands.

I realize that but those people's statements was still available to the senators before the vote to confirm. Collins, Flake, and Manchin still voted 'yes'.
The ABA won't do a damn thing now. Why should they? Kav is a sitting SC Justice and he'll stay that way for decades barring some health problem.
 
No, I suspect journalists are giving him a good look. And if the Democrats take back the House, they can launch an investigation of Kavanaugh about perjury for example. That said, he is a galvanizing figure. Most justices fade into the background. Mr 'I like beer' is unlikely to be able to do that.

I disagree. He will be on the SC until he retires or dies.
 
Even if that was true, that's on him. Not his family. His family could be drawn in depending on how they act, but they should not have to shoulder his "sins."
Except that this administration has made it a policy to explicitly attack families. You might argue that the Democrats should not sink to their level, and I would agree, but even if they did it would only be titting the GOP's tat.

Collins, Flake, and Manchin still voted 'yes'.
Which only tells you all you need to know about them, and the rest of the GOP senators (barring one).
 
Last edited:
“If destroying his family keeps him off the court, so be it.”

Surprisingly enough, not a quote from ISIS.

Holy crap.

That's right. It's only OK to destroy the families of immigrants. God forbid it's a rich white family.
 
That's right. It's only OK to destroy the families of immigrants. God forbid it's a rich white family.

Literally never occurred to me that someone would double down on calling for attacks on Judge Kavanaugh’s family.

The left is absolutely beyond broken...
 
Literally never occurred to me that someone would double down on calling for attacks on Judge Kavanaugh’s family.

The left is absolutely beyond broken...

Doesn't sound broken to me. Really? You think being passionate and a no mercy approach is limited to only Republicans? That we Democrats are so nice, that they would never stoop to your level? I've seen Republicans go after Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, Hillary and Obama's kids. Your party defends Alex ******* Jones for Christ sakes.

I wouldn't attack Kavanaugh's family, but I understand how one so disgusting and dishonest inspires such vitriol.
 
Doesn't sound broken to me. Really? You think being passionate and a no mercy approach is limited to only Republicans? That we Democrats are so nice, that they would never stoop to your level? I've seen Republicans go after Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, Hillary and Obama's kids. Your party defends Alex ******* Jones for Christ sakes.

I wouldn't attack Kavanaugh's family, but I understand how one so disgusting and dishonest inspires such vitriol.

They started it... the last refuge of the indefensible.

Just blown away at this point.
 
I am certain that his children don't deserve your fantasy.

My children don’t deserve HIS fantasy either, although there are some here who are crowing because THAT may be carried out. So there’s that.

ETA: I feel for his daughters that he has subjected them to this. Do you think Kavanaugh has any compassion for MY children?
 
Last edited:
They started it... the last refuge of the indefensible.

Just blown away at this point.

Doesn't take much to blow you away then.

Did you forget 'rough him up'? Your President mocks the disabled, women, gold star families, regularly encourages violence by his supporters, threatens journalists, ask Russians to hack emails, called Mexicans, rapists, locked innocent children in cages and separated them from their families and you still expect civilify? Reap what you have sown.
 
I never thought I would see the day that rather than condemning arguments in favor of attacking a politician family, we instead see “they started it” and whataboutism.

The left has humiliated themselves in ways I could not have believed possible.
 
Doesn't take much to blow you away then.

Did you forget 'rough him up'? Your President mocks the disabled, women, gold star families, regularly encourages violence by his supporters, threatens journalists, ask Russians to hack emails, called Mexicans, rapists, locked innocent children in cages and separated them from their families and you still expect civilify? Reap what you have sown.

Was this phrasing intentional considering Justice Rapist's performance in front of the SJC?
 
Was this phrasing intentional considering Justice Rapist's performance in front of the SJC?

Actually no. TBD's faux surprise that Democrats being frustrated might also go low when post after post of his either going low or a take no prisoners, give no quarter destruction of any dissent and his belief in the imaginary and unfalsifiable that caused me to choose to quote the bible.
 
I never thought I would see the day that rather than condemning arguments in favor of attacking a politician family, we instead see “they started it” and whataboutism.

The left has humiliated themselves in ways I could not have believed possible.

As a Berni Bro you must be so devastated.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom