• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Stand Your Ground Florida, Stand Your Ground

Which it wasn't, in this case.


You only think that because you have information that was not available to him at the time. What matters is what was reasonable to him with the information he had. Not the information you have weeks later.
 
New reports show 'Stand Your Ground' shooter has history of road rage encounters



On Dec. 13 2012, a Largo police officer was driving on Highland Avenue when a 4-door sedan with at least four people inside pulled up next to him.

The female driver told the officer that a man in a black Toyota pickup truck had just held a gun up to her.

The officer made a U-turn and followed Drejka into a church parking lot.

Police said Drejka had his driver's license and concealed weapon's permit in his hand before the officer even spoke to him.

Before the officer could ask Drejka any questions, he blurted out that he had not pointed a gun at the other car and they were lying.


On Nov. 13, 2013, a Florida Highway Patrol trooper responded to crash on Palm Harbor Boulevard and Florida Avenue after a driver rear-ended Drejka's truck.

According to the report, a woman pulled into the center lane to travel north on Palm Harbor Boulevard. She was waiting for Drejka to pass.

Drejka told troopers he felt the driver was about to hit him as she was pulling out.

Troopers said Drejka slammed on his brakes several times in an aggressive manner in front of the driver. Once they approached Pennsylvania Avenue, Drejka again slammed on his brakes and the driver struck the rear of his truck.


On Jan. 10, 2012, a Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office report included allegations by two teenagers that Drejka flashed a handgun at them during a road rage incident on Sunset Point Road and US 19.


And get this:

Truck driver Richard Kelly said two months ago, he got into a dispute over the same handicap space that lead to McGlockton's fatal shooting.

Kelly said he saw a hateful side of Drejka.

“He was basically threatening to shoot me that day,” said Richard Kelly. “But I didn't think nothing of it. I mean like he called me the 'n' word and stuff like that.”


This Drejka guy is a piece of ****. I hope he gets the death penalty.
 
BTW, I don't mean to sound so confrontational or accusatory. Your evasiveness to my simple, direct question is frustrating. If you have no interest in self defense without a gun, but a ton of interest in having multiple guns to shoot someone should the situation present itself, you can just say so. Perfectly legal. Nothing wrong with it.

I have raised three kids, and was on a volunteer rescue squad before I moved to a town with a professional team. I have spent a lot of my adult life trying to keep children and victims alive. This casual willingness to kill others is more than a little fascinating, so I hope you can excuse any abrasiveness on my part.

If you're accusing me of sounding "menacing" to would-be violent criminals, then I'm guilty as charged. My firearms are my self-defense mechanism. I'm not interested in brawling with aggressive drunks, or rolling around the ground practicing jiu-jitsu against multiple attackers. Your casual willingness to condone violence against others, and indict people like me who only wish to protect myself, isn't exactly fascinating to me, It's just par for the course.

I think that given that you've more or less accused me of looking for an excuse to murder someone in cold blood, my charity for this conversation has expired. Once again, to sum things up, if you don't violently attack people in Florida, you will be fine.
 
You only think that because you have information that was not available to him at the time. What matters is what was reasonable to him with the information he had. Not the information you have weeks later.

No, I think that because there's video of McGlockton casually walking up to Drejka and knocking the **** out of him. There doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency in his approach and if I were a juror you'd have a very tough time convincing me he acted reasonably.
 
If you're accusing me of sounding "menacing" to would-be violent criminals, then I'm guilty as charged. My firearms are my self-defense mechanism. I'm not interested in brawling with aggressive drunks, or rolling around the ground practicing jiu-jitsu against multiple attackers. Your casual willingness to condone violence against others, and indict people like me who only wish to protect myself, isn't exactly fascinating to me, It's just par for the course.

I think that given that you've more or less accused me of looking for an excuse to murder someone in cold blood, my charity for this conversation has expired.

I don't suggest that. And I think you know it. I take an interest in philosophies of self defense, and I find yours perplexing. There are limited self defense situations in which you would be given ample time to unholster and draw a gun, and fewer still when you could fire safely (hitting bystanders, potentially many yards away). In theory, a gun seems a poor self defense choice on balance. And please ease up with the strawmen. I don't think you are looking to murder. I think you glorify the idea, and I am questioning how realistic it is, and how your philosophy of self defense accounts for realistic scenarios.

Once again, to sum things up, if you don't violently attack people in Florida, you will be fine.

In light of Florida's crime and murder statistics, this is howlingly comical.
 
I'd like to see that video because it is not the one everyone else has.

It is indeed the one you saw, it is the one everyone saw.

By the way, there is another thread where a basketball coach punched a guy who fell, the victim hit his head on the concrete and the victim died, not from the punch of course, but from his head striking the concrete.
 
Last edited:
It is indeed the one you saw, it is the one everyone saw.

By the way, there is another thread where a basketball coach punched a guy who fell, the victim hit his head on the concrete and the victim died, not from the punch of course, but from his head striking the concrete.

But the puncher was defending himself from an aggressive attacker. So justified under your theories, right?
 
Well, I forgot about you. :)

Aside from you and AJM8125 I don't know anyone who has seen a video of "McGlockton casually walking up to Drejka and knocking the **** out of him".

When he's going to defend his good lady he's moving fairly slowly and casually. After he knocks Drejka to the ground and get's shot he abandons the defence of his good lady at a much higher speed.
 
If he is found innocent, Florida will have to reimburse him for all legal fees.

He'll probably sue them as well for the false imprisonment.

It's in the hands of a jury now, which is fine. The charges were filed by the DA, and the Sheriff put that call in the DA's hands, which is also fine.
 
If he is found innocent, Florida will have to reimburse him for all legal fees.

He'll probably sue them as well for the false imprisonment.

It's in the hands of a jury now, which is fine. The charges were filed by the DA, and the Sheriff put that call in the DA's hands, which is also fine.

Why would he be able to sue? If there is probable cause, he cannot sue them for false imprisonment and not sure if the state is responsible for his legal fees. Cite needed.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom