• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Official Alex Jones Thread!

Things are even worse than you think! The linked articles criticizing the SPLC were from the Atlantic and Politico. If they have become hotbeds of bigotry and white nationalism, who's left?

Or, you know, you could actually read the articles and find out what they say. Nah, easier just to type without actually having any thought behind it other than the usual smear.

Reminds me of a joke: Two men are sitting at a bar and get to talking. The first man says to the other "You see that door there? I built that door with my own two hands. I cut the wood, painted it, and hung it up. But do they call me John the door builder? No!". The second man nods boozily.

He points out the window abruptly. "You see that garden outside? I made that garden from bare earth. A whole year I worked to make it grow, tilling the soil, watering, and tending the plants. Do they call me John the garden-planter? No, they certainly don't!" The man again agrees, more reluctantly this time.

He continues, his anger growing. You know that new schoolhouse down the road? I built it! All summer I worked 16 hour days, rain or shine. But do they call me John the school-builder? No, they bloody well don't!" The second man slowly nods, wondering what the point is.

The older man leans in and lowers his voice "but you **** one sheep..."

Doesn't matter how many good articles InfoWars publishes, they've ****** the sheep too many times with their crackpot stories. Their poor reputation is very well earned.

Why bother reading them if you are going to have to confirm through some other, more reputable source whether anything they say is true or not? Just read the better paper and skip a step.
 
Last edited:
As much as I despise Jones, I am not sure this is a good idea;it will give Jones a chance to pose as a "matyr for free speech" and I don't want to give him that advantage.

Seconded.

Banning his material is only going to reinforce the beliefs of his followers.

Better to leave every bit of it in the open and let people either buy it or point at it and laugh.
 
Alex Jones isn't going to continue with his insanities if he can no longer monetize them

He could considering either starting a religion or flipping and giving lectures on how to make millions making stuff up for an uneducated minority.
 
Doesn't matter how many good articles InfoWars publishes, they've ****** the sheep too many times with their crackpot stories. Their poor reputation is very well earned.

Why bother reading them if you are going to have to confirm through some other, more reputable source whether anything they say is true or not? Just read the better paper and skip a step.

You came in mid-conversation and appear to have missed the context. I'm certainly not defending Alex Jones; keep in mind that he accused James B and me of working for the Pentagon back when we were debunking the Loose Change movie. And I doubt if Infowars has ever published any good articles; if they have it was certainly by accident.

A page or so ago, somebody noteded that Alex had mentioned the SPLC in a tweet (several months ago), and wanted to know what that was. Horatius noted that it was the Southern Poverty Law Center, an organization that monitors hate groups, which has had Jones in its sights for years. Civet noted that the SPLC receives funding from George Soros, which makes them a bugaboo to the Right. I noted that there are some legitimate criticisms of the SPLC and linked to an article in the Atlantic and another in Politico.

Dudalb then contributed this irrelevancy in reply to my post:

A lot of the problem is that a number of bigoted groups have become "Respectable" in the eyes of many Conservative. Lie down with the dogs, expect to get fleas.

Now the articles in the Atlantic (a magazine, I might note, that was originally founded by slavery abolitionists) and Politico were not defending a number of bigoted groups because they have become "respectable" to many conservatives. Rather they were pointing out that the SPLC is risking its moral authority by using too broad a brush.

October, the SPLC faced explosive blowback when it included British Muslim activist Maajid Nawaz on a list of “anti-Muslim extremists.” The targeting of Nawaz—a former Islamist turned anti-extremism campaigner who is considered a human rights leader by many in the mainstream—even sparked critical coverage in the Atlantic, creating the unusual spectacle of a publication founded by abolitionists going after a group founded to fight the KKK.
 
I stand by my statement: A lot of Mainstream conservatives seem to have embraced racist groups because they thought it was to their tactical political advantage to do so,and it will come around to bite them in the butt.
And denying unpleasant realities will also bite you in the butt.
You can deny and spin all you want, but a GOP president has embraced the likes of Jones, and plenty of Republicans seem willing to go along.
 
Which has nothing to do with the post you were responding to. Please stop already. We have enough of this nonsense in the politics forum.
 
Alex Jones lawyer is threating to make the Sandy Hook's parents Home Addresses Public.
This is a new low even for Alex. As for his lawyer seems to me this could get him in big big disbarment level trouble with his State Bar Association.
 
Alex Jones lawyer is threating to make the Sandy Hook's parents Home Addresses Public.
This is a new low even for Alex. As for his lawyer seems to me this could get him in big big disbarment level trouble with his State Bar Association.

I doubt there's any risk for disbarment. Jones's lawyer is using an underhanded trick by citing a Texas law that requires personal information like adresses and dates of birth to be provided in documents filed to the court. He's no doubt banking on some or all of the parents being unwilling to provide such information because that would lead to more harrassment from Infowars fans. It's completely immoral and shows a lack of empathy, but I don't think it would be cause for disbarment.
 
I doubt there's any risk for disbarment. Jones's lawyer is using an underhanded trick by citing a Texas law that requires personal information like adresses and dates of birth to be provided in documents filed to the court. He's no doubt banking on some or all of the parents being unwilling to provide such information because that would lead to more harrassment from Infowars fans. It's completely immoral and shows a lack of empathy, but I don't think it would be cause for disbarment.

I spoke to my sister, who is a practicing attorney, and she says in California for a lawyer to make any kind of personal threat like that against his opponents would be grounds for a reprimand and suspension of licence at a minimum, with Disbarrment a real possibility. In California it would be considered a gross violation of legal ethics.
It varies from state to state.
 
Alex Jones lawyer is threating to make the Sandy Hook's parents Home Addresses Public.
This is a new low even for Alex. As for his lawyer seems to me this could get him in big big disbarment level trouble with his State Bar Association.

I would assume that their names and addresses are a matter of public record, thus I cannot imagine what his lawyer is doing wrong, legally. That said, given the crazy things that Jones' followers have done over the years I can hardly blame the families for being alarmed, and it's a scumbag move morally, no doubt.
 
Passed by on my facebook so I thought I'd just drop this here

Well, that's....um...something.

The parts where he is in the water remind me of The Heart of Darkness.

Marlowe comes around that last bend of the river, approaching Third Station, and Kurtz is Alex Jones. It kind of works.
 
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/al...-hook-suits-motion-says/ar-BBM4eTe?ocid=ientp
Mr. Jones said on his broadcast last week that he had told his staff to delete material after CNN cited Infowars content that violated Twitter’s policies, according to the motion filed on Friday.

At least some of the deleted content was considered evidence in the Sandy Hook cases, and Mr. Jones had been informed in writing in April that he was obligated by law to preserve all relevant material, according to the court filing in District Court in Travis County in Austin.
Keep digging that hole you're in a bit deeper each time you open your mouth! :)
 
So, I checked out the Alex Jones page on RW, and saw that he lost most of his social networking things (Youtube, Facebook, ect...) and that he has been suspended for a week on twitter (he only has instagram left).

Is it finally happening? The fall of the biggest CT-er and Con-artist? :D
 
I found this interesting claim about Alex Jones...


I suppose I should have mentioned my background with Alex Jones.
late 1998 just after the Sweeney Siege in Hamilton,MA(which I was involved in, as part of the First Granite State Irregulars militia group) two FBI agents showed up at my place of work, and I was told I had to sit down with them or find another job. fine, I’ll sit and tell them to go F themselves. I had work to do.


so they offer me a job. a radio show, shortwave at first then AM radio if they can find a spot. all I had to do is work for them. talk right to the edge of legal, then turn in anyone who goes over that line,and they cut me a check on top of whatever the regular job pays, which was a lot more than I was making at the time.


they argued a bit about who I would intern with to bring me into the “program”. one said Hal Turner, but they knew I wouldn’t get along with him because of the racist garbage he does. the other said “Alex in Austin,TX” but that was “probably too far for him (me) to travel”.


I broke into their argument to remind them I haven’t agreed to anything yet, they can take their job and stick it where the sun doesn’t shine, and went back to work. I never saw or heard from any of them again.
years later I realized “alex from austin,TX” was probably Alex Jones.


http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=38476#disqus_thread


Which is certainly a first for me.
 
I found this interesting claim about Alex Jones...


http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=38476#disqus_thread


Which is certainly a first for me.



This feels like the "letter from a paramedic" about 9/11 that Dylan Avery received many years ago, that just conveniently supported all the BS about 9/11 that Avery was spewing. It's just too pat of a "just so" story to really be believable.

But I have to say, it doesn't really upset me that someone is trying to spread a CT about Jones himself. Poetic Justice, that is.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom