• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Breaking: Mueller Grand Jury charges filed, arrests as soon as Monday pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good insight. I tend to the same view. This is why I'm especially suspicious of politicians who also enjoy great personal wealth. Especially if that wealth came from business dealings that happened in tandem with their political careers.


Me, I'm suspicious of everyone regardless. Pretty much every Congress person and Senator can make a killing. Did you know that Insider Trading doesn't apply to them? These guys use private jets belonging to corporations and lobbyists seeking their favor. They take free vacations in exotic places. We've legalized bribery in the US.

Trump said he would drain the swamp, which would have been great if he had. He not only didn't drain the swamp, he decided to flood it.

Trump could have really taken a pure approach to his presidency as he didn't and doesn't really need the money. Instead, he and the people around him are working it to levels never seen before. Trump has been cheating people for years and he hasn't slowed down.
 
Now Cohen corroborates Trump knew before the meeting.

Why is Cohen trying this in the press? Everyone seems to agree Lanny Davis is an excellent lawyer, so why is Cohen releasing audio and telling people he witnessed Jr. tell Sr. about a meeting about Russian dirt on Clinton? Shouldn't he secure a deal for himself first? One obvious hypothesis: Davis doesn't care about Cohen and is doing all of this to hurt Trump.
 
Why is Cohen trying this in the press? Everyone seems to agree Lanny Davis is an excellent lawyer, so why is Cohen releasing audio and telling people he witnessed Jr. tell Sr. about a meeting about Russian dirt on Clinton? Shouldn't he secure a deal for himself first? One obvious hypothesis: Davis doesn't care about Cohen and is doing all of this to hurt Trump.

I just watched a video on this. A lot of people are mystified

https://youtu.be/6SpVe51LOZc
 
I just watched a video on this. A lot of people are mystified

https://youtu.be/6SpVe51LOZc

It doesn't make sense to me that he's angling for a pardon. As for the speculation that Trump's camp released the tape, I thought CNN said it was made available by Cohen's team. I don't know why Cohen's lawyers would publicize that their client witnessed Jr. tell his father about the Russia meeting. That seems like a card you hold close to your chest.
 
It doesn't make sense to me that he's angling for a pardon. As for the speculation that Trump's camp released the tape, I thought CNN said it was made available by Cohen's team. I don't know why Cohen's lawyers would publicize that their client witnessed Jr. tell his father about the Russia meeting. That seems like a card you hold close to your chest.

I'm pretty sure he is not angling for a pardon - he's publicly embarassed Trump and nobody* gets away with that.


*Except Putin and Flynn
 
It doesn't make sense to me that he's angling for a pardon. As for the speculation that Trump's camp released the tape, I thought CNN said it was made available by Cohen's team. I don't know why Cohen's lawyers would publicize that their client witnessed Jr. tell his father about the Russia meeting. That seems like a card you hold close to your chest.

Hell, I admit I don't understand their strategy. Maybe it's simply a shot across Trump's bow showing Trump that Cohen is about to flip unless Trump brings him in. Personally, I think if it is, it is pathetic and won't work but maybe Cohen is getting desperate. He's on an island and it's getting serious.
 
Cheating can be hard work too. It's all about the score, not the way you took to get it.

Sadly, a lesson for life.

Why do we teach our kids not to lie, cheat and steal when it's obviously such an effective tactic?
 
As a guy who use to be a fanatical golfer having played as many as 300 rounds of golf in a single year, I found the stories I've heard and read about Trump to be scandalous. He's Judge Smails without the charm of Ted Knight.

"Why don't you improve your lie a little, sir?"
"Yes, yes, 'Winter Rules'..."

(god that is a funny line)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom