UncertainH
Thinker
- Joined
- May 10, 2017
- Messages
- 161
Given W.D.C's excellent appraisal of the spectroscopy set up, I was going to pass on firing off any emails, as it appeared to be a settled matter. However, given the above, I think they need to be sent. Let's see what some experts in the field think, eh? Happy with that Markie?
That's probably a good idea. I really appreciate WDC's information - an attempt at some honest analysis. Unfortunately I cannot see the angle of incidence anywhere in the paper which has a significant effect on the equations that he listed. Also, although Horiba lists the 2400 grating as the "optimal" grating for 325 laser, that does not mean that other gratings may not be used for certain applications.
I would like to understand this statement at the end of page 24 in the paper in question:
"The excitation was deemed to be by the high-energy UV and EUV He and Cd emission of the laser wherein the laser optics are transparent to at least 170 nm and the grating (Labram Aramis 2400 g/mm 460 mm focal length system with 1024 X 26 pixels CCD) is dispersive and has its maximum efficiency at the shorter wavelength side of the spectral range, the same range as the 260 nm band. For example, cadmium has a very intense line at 214.4 nm (5.8 eV) that matches the ro-vibrational excitation energy of H2(1/4) in KCl matrix
25 based on the e-beam excitation data [10]. The CCD is also most responsive at 500 nm, the region of the second order of the 260 nm band centered at 520 nm."
.