• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Brilliant Light Power Going To Market - Free Energy Generator Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classically there are no electrical fields between two neutral particles. And they don't require such fields to approach each other for bonding. Translational kinetic energy from (say) heat is sufficient to have them bump into each other, and past a certain energy, they can bond.

Who said they "require such fields to approach each other"? Who limited the fields to just electrical? Are the orbitspheres approaching each other now neutral?

Simple overall charge neutrality does not denote a lack of electromagnetic fields. Especially when charges are not evenly distributed or stationary as in the case of an atom. Just a plasma can be charge neutral and the ambipolar electrical field of the plasma helps maintain that overall neutrality


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambipolar_diffusion

Ever hear of magnetism?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetism

So no, overall charge neutrality in no way denotes a lack of electromagnetic fields, even at considerable distances.




You would be surprised what can happen. Two electrons, as paired electrons, can be overlapping in the same orbital. How can this be when they are the same charge? Magnetism.

Doesn't surprise me a bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_pair

Umm, you do understand that a magnetic field is part of an electromagnetic field, right?
 
No offence, but he's much smarter than you. And me. And probably everyone else participating here.


I have to admit that from a certain life-skills perspective, Mills is indeed rather smart. He appears to have a very comfortable life with no indication of having to work hard to earn it. I doubt he puts in many late nights (or most likely, even many full days) at the lab/office. He's treated as an enterpreneur without any of the stresses of developing and selling an actual product, such as concerns about unforeseen design defects that might result in failures or liability, or having to stay ahead of competitors.

It's like getting full-time pay with benefits to "work on your novel" for thirty years and counting, and the people paying you never demand to see anything beyond an occasional character profile or chapter outline. And even those samples don't have to build on or even be consistent with the previous ones because your explanation every few years that you're starting over and "taking the story in a new direction" actually satisfies them enough to keep paying you.

I wouldn't want to be him. Not because I believe in any retributive afterlife or karmic balance, but because he must know, even if he doesn't care, that in the end he's a useless waste of oxygen whose life's "work" will help no one, and I don't think people like that can actually appreciate or enjoy the world fully.

The long stressful hours I spend at my difficult and low-paying job help people who really need the help. If I had to stand before some Creator on some Judgment Day and justify how I've used my talents, I could. Not that I think I will, but I know I could. And Mills could not.

That makes me smarter than him.
 
No offence, but he's much smarter than you. And me. And probably everyone else participating here. Hands up if anyone here has graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa (in chemistry), not to mention numerous other distinctions.
No offence but the ignorance, delusions and lies in Mills book that I and other posters here have pointed out here shows that "smarter" than probably everyone else is a blatant lie.
The simple fact that charged particles go past and through his charged sphere delusions with no effects tells anyone with a high school science education that he is so deluded that he is ignoring or denying his education. That is dumb not smart.

The errors he makes in his book are undergraduate physics level. For example the absolute ignorance of thinking that relativity has to be included in non-relativistic QM!

You miss out what he actually got, where and when: a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Chemistry, summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Franklin & Marshall College in 1982.
Someone seriously interested in science gets a Bachelor of Science degree so that they get a good grounding in science.
His book is not about chemistry.
He was in the top 10% or 15% of his class. Guess what - that was probably me too (from memory) :eye-poppi!
 
Last edited:
I appreciate your assurances, but no hands have gone up.
No biggie. Hey, maybe they're just too modest.
Well, so far as the university I went to, to study physics ... there were no prizes for any Intro Physics courses, just grades. In fact, at undergrad level, at that time, the only thing one could look forward to - in any subject area - was a University Medal. These were few, and not given every year; some years, in some subjects, there was more than one.

Had Mills studied there, no physics Prize for him!
 
...Now, let's hear "the single, elegant and universally applicable explanation for the electron given by quantum mechanics"
Really ignorant question, markie. The "single, elegant and universally applicable explanation" for the electron is called quantum electrodynamics.
 
Brings up Mills blatant insanity of pseudoelectrons

Don't forget pseudoelectrons.
2 July 2018 markie: Brings up Mills blatant insanity of pseudoelectrons :eye-poppi!

Mills has actually insane delusions about a fifth force in a section starting on page 1557. Here we get the stupidity of assigning an electron with mass a "negative curvature" when anyone who knows about gravity knows that positive mass = positive curvature. There is obvious gibberish such as "the particle may possess a negative gravitation radius and a corresponding imaginary velocity". There is his lie about Witteborn measuring a mass of a free electron (they were falling in a copper tube with known non-gravitational effects).
 
Last edited:
Heat? Electricity? Bah! Piteous trifles! I want destructor beams! I want transluminal velocities! I want flying saucers! I want hyper-galactic flight -- no, by god, I want wormholes to other dimensions!

And an Andromedean Seductress Queen who haughtily commands her court attendants, "Leave us!" and when her boudoir is private, "Approach my divan, Earth warrior. I have heard much of your prowess, and I desire to -- know much more." Dropping several of her veils in the dim and scented light.

This Mills joker has no vision.
 
Last edited:
I appreciate your assurances, but no hands have gone up.
No biggie. Hey, maybe they're just too modest.
That's a lot of it. They also know your argument from remarkably weak authority is a foolish argument, unworthy of response.

But there's a more ignoble reason: It's just downright funny to watch someone act so impressed by Mills's undergraduate prizes and degree while failing so explicitly to recognize the far greater education and accomplishments of many here. Why should anyone throw you a clue?
 
That's a lot of it. They also know your argument from remarkably weak authority is a foolish argument, unworthy of response.

But there's a more ignoble reason: It's just downright funny to watch someone act so impressed by Mills's undergraduate prizes and degree while failing so explicitly to recognize the far greater education and accomplishments of many here. Why should anyone throw you a clue?


Does having a paper published in Science count?

Nah, never mind, I'm sure Mills has lots of those. I'll leave the comparisons of academic accomplishments to those who actually have degrees in the sciences. :whistling
 
Who said they "require such fields to approach each other"? Who limited the fields to just electrical? Are the orbitspheres approaching each other now neutral?

Simple overall charge neutrality does not denote a lack of electromagnetic fields. Especially when charges are not evenly distributed or stationary as in the case of an atom. Just a plasma can be charge neutral and the ambipolar electrical field of the plasma helps maintain that overall neutrality


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambipolar_diffusion

Ever hear of magnetism?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetism

So no, overall charge neutrality in no way denotes a lack of electromagnetic fields, even at considerable distances.






Doesn't surprise me a bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_pair

Umm, you do understand that a magnetic field is part of an electromagnetic field, right?
(my hilite)

If it's any consolation (if that's an appropriate term), markie also failed to address my question/comment along similar lines. And I've no doubt something similar for RC.

On the chemistry side, it seems markie has a sorta similar, um, blindness re many of Lukraak_Sisser's posts/questions/comments.

But I'm sure there's hope ... perhaps markie will come across a passage in The BookTM, one which he feels has relevance to this, and then ... ;)
 
<snip>

Despite your protests, Mills electrons remain a 2D surface membrane of moving mass and charge, no matter what the environment. The size and geometry of that surface can change according to the environment, such that a low energy configuration is attained. This shouldn't be hard to grasp.

<stuff irrelevant to this thread snipped>
Right. A membrane which can, and does, undergo substantial changes, including one in involving a change in topology (disk to sphere).

The changes, by definition (in the classical world anyway), involve acceleration. Charge+acceleration -> electromagnetic radiation (EMR).

Modeling such changes might be fun; however, I can't quite imagine how the resulting EMR would have a SED that matches what is observed in such transitions.

For example, in an L-shell capture, an orbitsphere transforms into something which goes through at least one orbitsphere inside it, moves to the nucleus - at least one burst of acceleration involved, surely - and vanishes (somehow turning a quark orbitsphere into an orbitsphere of a different quark kind). Yeah, there's EMR ... but does it match what the charge+acceleration changes Mills' electron must go through?
 
Charge+acceleration -> electromagnetic radiation (EMR).
This is another bit of blind acceptance of Mills claims from markie.

There are conditions under which a collection of charged point particles being accelerated do not emit radiation.
Nonradiation condition
Classical nonradiation conditions define the conditions according to classical electromagnetism under which a distribution of accelerating charges will not emit electromagnetic radiation. According to the Larmor formula in classical electromagnetism, a single point charge under acceleration will emit electromagnetic radiation, i.e. light. In some classical electron models a distribution of charges can however be accelerated so that no radiation is emitted.[1] The modern derivation of these nonradiation conditions by Hermann A. Haus is based on the Fourier components of the current produced by a moving point charge. It states that a distribution of accelerated charges will radiate if and only if it has Fourier components synchronous with waves traveling at the speed of light.[2]

The blind faith is that a condition worked out for a distribution of accelerating charges works for whatever Mills imagines that seems to be a continuous flow of charge.

And then there are the changes in shape. A charged disk deforming to a charged sphere suggests that at least the outer charges have to be accelerated.
 
Classical physics is not nearly as entertaining as the popularization of quantum physics. In the latter you can have time travel and multiple universes, things popping out of nowhere, and cats that are simultaneously dead and alive.



So what?

What’s your point?
 
(my hilite)

If it's any consolation (if that's an appropriate term), markie also failed to address my question/comment along similar lines. And I've no doubt something similar for RC.

On the chemistry side, it seems markie has a sorta similar, um, blindness re many of Lukraak_Sisser's posts/questions/comments.

But I'm sure there's hope ... perhaps markie will come across a passage in The BookTM, one which he feels has relevance to this, and then ... ;)

I might not put it down to blindness as much as a simple and ignorant attempt at obfuscation. Markie does note magnetism but only at the end of that post. Also with regard to electron pairing as a result of spin. Apparently ignoring such spin pairing, or lack of, with the proton and the proton of each atom with each other. Yet 75% of molecular hydrogen at standard temperature and pressure is in the higher energy orthohydrogen spin isomer form. A triplet where the proton spins are parallel and thus with two unpaired electrons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen#Elemental_molecular_forms

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_isomers_of_hydrogen


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unpaired_electron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singlet_state

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triplet_state

So apparently deliberate as just pretense or perhaps just a strawman. As I was particular about specifically asserting electromagnetic fields.
 
I have to admit that from a certain life-skills perspective, Mills is indeed rather smart. He appears to have a very comfortable life with no indication of having to work hard to earn it. I doubt he puts in many late nights (or most likely, even many full days) at the lab/office. He's treated as an enterpreneur without any of the stresses of developing and selling an actual product, such as concerns about unforeseen design defects that might result in failures or liability, or having to stay ahead of competitors.

It's like getting full-time pay with benefits to "work on your novel" for thirty years and counting, and the people paying you never demand to see anything beyond an occasional character profile or chapter outline. And even those samples don't have to build on or even be consistent with the previous ones because your explanation every few years that you're starting over and "taking the story in a new direction" actually satisfies them enough to keep paying you.

I wouldn't want to be him. Not because I believe in any retributive afterlife or karmic balance, but because he must know, even if he doesn't care, that in the end he's a useless waste of oxygen whose life's "work" will help no one, and I don't think people like that can actually appreciate or enjoy the world fully.

The long stressful hours I spend at my difficult and low-paying job help people who really need the help. If I had to stand before some Creator on some Judgment Day and justify how I've used my talents, I could. Not that I think I will, but I know I could. And Mills could not.

That makes me smarter than him.


Remember the saying, "Judge not lest you be judged"
You want to make the world a better place. Why can't you imagine the same of Mills? You have very little idea about Mills' life, yet you make these unwarranted, very negative, assumptions. No, it doesn't make you smarter, but it might be making you something else.
 
Well, so far as the university I went to, to study physics ... there were no prizes for any Intro Physics courses, just grades. In fact, at undergrad level, at that time, the only thing one could look forward to - in any subject area - was a University Medal. These were few, and not given every year; some years, in some subjects, there was more than one.

Had Mills studied there, no physics Prize for him!

True, it will depend on where and when one went to school.
 
Remember the saying, "Judge not lest you be judged"
You want to make the world a better place. Why can't you imagine the same of Mills? You have very little idea about Mills' life, yet you make these unwarranted, very negative, assumptions. No, it doesn't make you smarter, but it might be making you something else.
We know what he has achieved with his life so far.
 
2 July 2018 markie: Brings up Mills blatant insanity of pseudoelectrons :eye-poppi!

Mills has actually insane delusions about a fifth force in a section starting on page 1557. Here we get the stupidity of assigning an electron with mass a "negative curvature" when anyone who knows about gravity knows that positive mass = positive curvature. There is obvious gibberish such as "the particle may possess a negative gravitation radius and a corresponding imaginary velocity". There is his lie about Witteborn measuring a mass of a free electron (they were falling in a copper tube with known non-gravitational effects).


Speaking of negative, I take it you don't have any problems with the negative energy states of the vacuum as per QED.
 
Heat? Electricity? Bah! Piteous trifles! I want destructor beams! I want transluminal velocities! I want flying saucers! I want hyper-galactic flight -- no, by god, I want wormholes to other dimensions!

And an Andromedean Seductress Queen who haughtily commands her court attendants, "Leave us!" and when her boudoir is private, "Approach my divan, Earth warrior. I have heard much of your prowess, and I desire to -- know much more." Dropping several of her veils in the dim and scented light.

This Mills joker has no vision.


Damn that was good until the last sentence.
To some Mills doesn't have enough magic. To others, too much.


Tell the Andromedean seductress that Mills is already taken. Married with kids.
 
(my hilite)

If it's any consolation (if that's an appropriate term), markie also failed to address my question/comment along similar lines. And I've no doubt something similar for RC.

On the chemistry side, it seems markie has a sorta similar, um, blindness re many of Lukraak_Sisser's posts/questions/comments.

But I'm sure there's hope ... perhaps markie will come across a passage in The BookTM, one which he feels has relevance to this, and then ... ;)


What question? You want me to admit there can be magnetic fields outside an electrically neutral atom? Of course there can.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom