• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Who determines the number of genders- and how?

In some contexts, yes it does. This is especially true in discussions like this one, where comparing the groups comes up.

That isn't quite true though is it

You can have woman for just a normal woman and add whatever else you want at the start to specify others
 
Another good read. Though I have little hope that the men's rights dudebros of this parish will actually try to get their heads round how this impacts actual women (as opposed to men who wish they were women, who are getting everything they want).

https://notthenewsinbriefs.wordpress.com/2018/04/05/have-women-and-girls-got-too-many-rights/

saxby.jpg
 
Another good read. Though I have little hope that the men's rights dudebros of this parish will actually try to get their heads round how this impacts actual women (as opposed to men who wish they were women, who are getting everything they want).

https://notthenewsinbriefs.wordpress.com/2018/04/05/have-women-and-girls-got-too-many-rights/

[qimg]http://www.vetpath.co.uk/jref/saxby.jpg[/qimg]

More hysterical speculation. You DO realize that the MRA's are closely aligned with the alt-right wrt to transgenders and allowing transgenders to "get everything they want" doesn't seem to be an essential component of their, decidedly, chaotic game plan?
 
More hysterical speculation. You DO realize that the MRA's are closely aligned with the alt-right wrt to transgenders and allowing transgenders to "get everything they want" doesn't seem to be an essential component of their, decidedly, chaotic game plan?

I think you're both wrong lol.
 
"I think the Widget is round."
"I think the Widget is more oblong."
"Want to have a reasonable discussion about it?"
"Sure"
"Well... wait what's that?"

*Door is kicked open*
"WHATABOUT ABOUT THE CRAZIES WHO THINK IT'S SQUARE!"
"OH YEAH SMART GUY WHATABOUT THE CRAZIES WHO THINK IT'S A TRIANGLE? I GUESS YOU JUST AREN'T GOING TO TAKE ABOUT THAT!"
"WIDGETS ARE LIBERAL CONSPIRACIES FROM GEORGE SOROS!"
"WIDGETS ARE THE FAULT OF THE JEWS!"
"WHAT ABOUT HER E-MAILS?"
"PROVE TO ME THAT WIDGETS EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE!"
*Herd of rhino sound, screams of the damned, dueling banjos played on a didgeridoos and bagpipes*

"Do you want to keep talking about..."
"No."
"Me either.
 
More hysterical speculation. You DO realize that the MRA's are closely aligned with the alt-right wrt to transgenders and allowing transgenders to "get everything they want" doesn't seem to be an essential component of their, decidedly, chaotic game plan?

Just as an aside, in ten years I have never heard anyone talk about "men's rights activists" except on this forum.
 
Just as an aside, in ten years I have never heard anyone talk about "men's rights activists" except on this forum.

Me neither. Or SJW's. We seem to be having an explosion of both and soon dogs and cats will be living together.
 
"I think the Widget is round."
"I think the Widget is more oblong."
"Want to have a reasonable discussion about it?"
"Sure"
"Well... wait what's that?"

*Door is kicked open*
"WHATABOUT ABOUT THE CRAZIES WHO THINK IT'S SQUARE!"
"OH YEAH SMART GUY WHATABOUT THE CRAZIES WHO THINK IT'S A TRIANGLE? I GUESS YOU JUST AREN'T GOING TO TAKE ABOUT THAT!"
"WIDGETS ARE LIBERAL CONSPIRACIES FROM GEORGE SOROS!"
"WIDGETS ARE THE FAULT OF THE JEWS!"
"WHAT ABOUT HER E-MAILS?"
"PROVE TO ME THAT WIDGETS EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE!"
*Herd of rhino sound, screams of the damned, dueling banjos played on a didgeridoos and bagpipes*

"Do you want to keep talking about..."
"No."
"Me either.

Hey, you should arrange this into a song somehow and make it the ISF anthem.
 
I've said it before. "Groups" that consist only of people who are A) primarily online and B) primarily anonymous don't count. They don't get a seat at the table and don't get to be used as boogeymen examples in it.
 
Hey, you should arrange this into a song somehow and make it the ISF anthem.

I'm pretty sure I could get a cover of Dueling Banjos with a Didgeridoo and a Bagpipe at least on the Dance Charts in Europe.
 
And that's why I'm trying to at least make an attempt to keep this discussion on the level of actual opinions I've seen actual real flesh and blood humans make in serious context.

No I've never encountered a "I'M A PANSEXUAL GENDER FLUID OTHERKIN QUEER TRANSGENDER!" Tumblr-warrior in real life so I'm not going to strawman the discussion into that.
 
That isn't quite true though is it

You can have woman for just a normal woman and add whatever else you want at the start to specify others

Why? That's unnecessarily confusing. Switching between talking about the overall group and comparing subsets is much, much easier with adequate language tools.

Cis woman is not some insult.
 
Why? That's unnecessarily confusing. Switching between talking about the overall group and comparing subsets is much, much easier with adequate language tools.

Cis woman is not some insult.

Women aren't a subset of women

They are women

Call everyone who isn't a woman what ever you like

Dudes who feel like they are a woman and transitioning to look like a women "Transwomen"

Dudes who feel like they are a woman not transitioning......

Yadda yadda yadda
 
Last edited:
Women aren't a subset of women

They are women

Call everyone who isn't a woman what ever you like

Dudes who feel like they are a woman and transitioning to look like a women "Transwomen"

Dudes who feel like they are a woman not transitioning......

Yadda yadda yadda

Cis women are a subset of women.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom