• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Stormy Daniels Sues the President

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike Trump and Melania as much as anyone (even though, apparently I share a common ancestor with him). However, just because you dislike someone doesn't mean it is OK to behave unethically towards them.

Just because he is a slimeball doesn't make it OK for prostitutes to blackmail him. Let's face it, she is a gold digger.

Just because you are have scammrd loads of people and have reneged on an at leat implicit promise of a slot on your TV show, and you have allegedly threatened the porn star that you slept with under false pretences, it doesn't mean that you should expect them to try to void a possibly legally dubious contact.
 
I heard she has a sleazy past she likes to keep quiet about. Who cares, really? The issue about her husband's adultery is her private affair. If a guy wants to marry whoever, good luck to him.

You yourself have talked about blackmail. If an aspiring leader of a country has a pattern of behaviour that lends itself to blackmail, then that is not a private matter but of public interest.
 
Well, no, that doesn't prove that the judge would see it your way, and your "for instance" was actually a case where your analysis was short of the mark, anyway. What you actually claimed was that enforceability of the contract "as a whole" could only be decided by an arbitrator. But after looking into your cite, I found that's only true if the contract has a clause that specifically says that. I didn't see one in Daniels' NDA and you didn't point one out. And then, I was the one that pointed out that Daniels could challenge the arbitration clause itself, not you.

Short of the mark? I explained that the contract specifically incorporated the rules of the alternative dispute company that gave the arbitrator jurisdiction over the enforceability of the contract, that Stormy was challenging the contract as a whole and not the arbitration clause specifically and that even if she were to do so, that the arbitrator could have jurisdiction over that as well.

So not short of the mark at all, just comprehensive and correct.

And likely superseded by today's events
 
I don't know about others, but I'm enjoying the irony in that when compared to this case. The point being, TBD and Vixen have no issues ******** on Stormy, going so far as to call them every name in the book. In Vixen's case, he even did it ignorantly as he didn't have a beginners understanding of the basics of this case.

I don't hate Melania, I think she's trash, but I don't hate her.

And, she is certainly paying for it in spades!!!! The whole thing makes me wonder if trumpf has "mommy" issues?????
 
Short of the mark? I explained that the contract specifically incorporated the rules of the alternative dispute company that gave the arbitrator jurisdiction over the enforceability of the contract, that Stormy was challenging the contract as a whole and not the arbitration clause specifically and that even if she were to do so, that the arbitrator could have jurisdiction over that as well.

So not short of the mark at all, just comprehensive and correct.

And likely superseded by today's events

Second CYA spotted. :cool:
 
You yourself have talked about blackmail. If an aspiring leader of a country has a pattern of behaviour that lends itself to blackmail, then that is not a private matter but of public interest.

I mean if Trump has gone to this extreme about Daniels, what has he done to prevent the pee pee video from being seen on YouTube?
 
Yup, and early reports are that at least some of the searches have to do with documents related to the Stormy Daniels issue.

Who knew that setting up a shady corporation to slip payments with an unknown and possibly illegal origin to a former mistress of a noted racist con artist orangutan would cause such repercussions?

I wonder if that changes any Trump supporter's opinions of the issue. After all, you have to figure Mueller and the investigators he's working with have a pretty good handle on the legal issues, and they aren't likely to waste their time if they don't think there's something noteworthy to investigate.
 
It's quite obvious that Mueller's investigation has gone way past collusion with Russia and into general corruption. Looks to me like they are investigating whether or not this payoff was an illegal campaign contribution. That's they only reason I can imagine the FBI being interested in material relating to the Stormy Daniels Affair.

I think Trump is pretty much toast at this point. He should resign. I know he won't, but he should.
 
Yup, and early reports are that at least some of the searches have to do with documents related to the Stormy Daniels issue.

Who knew that setting up a shady corporation to slip payments with an unknown and possibly illegal origin to a former mistress of a noted racist con artist orangutan would cause such repercussions?

I wonder if that changes any Trump supporter's opinions of the issue. After all, you have to figure Mueller and the investigators he's working with have a pretty good handle on the legal issues, and they aren't likely to waste their time if they don't think there's something noteworthy to investigate.

It's actually going to benefit Cohen against Daniels

I know that, because the only non-qualified legal expert in this thread says so.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/09/...gtime-lawyer-michael-cohen.html?smid=pl-share



Now this is interesting....

This may put a screeching halt on Thirsty's suit.
 
It's quite obvious that Mueller's investigation has gone way past collusion with Russia and into general corruption. Looks to me like they are investigating whether or not this payoff was an illegal campaign contribution. That's they only reason I can imagine the FBI being interested in material relating to the Stormy Daniels Affair.

I think Trump is pretty much toast at this point. He should resign. I know he won't, but he should.

Bloomberg is reporting this is being handled by the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York rather than by Mueller’s team. Mueller just turned over evidence to them that led to the raid.
 
It takes two to tango. She had sex with a married man and now she wants to capitalise on it. How tawdry.

I heard she has a sleazy past she likes to keep quiet about. Who cares, really? The issue about her husband's adultery is her private affair. If a guy wants to marry whoever, good luck to him.

I don't think you intended to cover Melania in both those posts, but somehow you did. Well done.
 
It's quite obvious that Mueller's investigation has gone way past collusion with Russia and into general corruption. Looks to me like they are investigating whether or not this payoff was an illegal campaign contribution. That's they only reason I can imagine the FBI being interested in material relating to the Stormy Daniels Affair.

I think Trump is pretty much toast at this point. He should resign. I know he won't, but he should.

I'm sure it's the illegal campaign contribution aspect.

ETA it actually looks as though Mueller has decided it is a crime he's uncovered but not collusion with Russia, so he's handed it to the appropriate authorities.
 
Last edited:
Really ? What did you "hear" ? Where did you "hear" it ?



Lots of people. Really.



Nope.



:confused:


I don't usually read 'celebrity news' but I did glance in passing at an article about Melania suing anyone who published old (soft?) porn photos of her or bringing up her much talked about alleged escort past.


If Melania knows Trump goes for 'that type', then it sets the script for other women of a similar ilk also attracting his attention.

So Stormy Daniels in effect is just another Melania. Attracted to power and wealth.

Should we weep for them? Or was it their own choice?
 
It's actually going to benefit Cohen against Daniels

I know that, because the only non-qualified legal expert in this thread says so.

There are PLENTY of non-qualified legal "experts" in this thread.

Now what I began to explain is the fact that it seems the FBI grabbed the documents and other evidence relating to Stormy Daniels matter is going to make it awful hard for Cohen to participate in discovery, particularly if he has been informed he is a target of the investigation what with the Fifth Amendment concerns.

Sure the Judge could and should grant the motion to compel, but I can see him moving very carefully now that the FBI is involved.

Now that sounds reasonable, doesn't it? Of course it does.
 
It's quite obvious that Mueller's investigation has gone way past collusion with Russia and into general corruption. Looks to me like they are investigating whether or not this payoff was an illegal campaign contribution. That's they only reason I can imagine the FBI being interested in material relating to the Stormy Daniels Affair.

I think Trump is pretty much toast at this point. He should resign. I know he won't, but he should.

It's my impression that Mueller isn't actually dealing with this, but that it was a referral from his office.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom