• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Stormy Daniels Sues the President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya hear that folks, he is entitled as an employer, ya see, to get a fairly comprehensive run down on your sex life and marital status....

hoo boy...

If you are applying for a position where you could be blackmailed, for instance, then yes. I was once listed as a reference for a buddy needing security clearances. I was asked about his personal relationships and specifically how 'wild and crazy' I knew him to get.
 
If you are applying for a position where you could be blackmailed, for instance, then yes. I was once listed as a reference for a buddy needing security clearances. I was asked about his personal relationships and specifically how 'wild and crazy' I knew him to get.

It happens in the IT world pretty frequently. People get blackmailed into releasing customer information to third parties because their past is used against them.
 
They have altogether abandoned even the slightest sliver of a pretense toward anything resembling honor, or duty, or concern for the integrity of our government. They have decided that lies are sufficient, so long as their path to power remains unimpeded.

I think the GOP thinks Trump is a clown. I predict they will support him until after the midterm elections, and then find a better candidate. I know that a party not supporting a sitting POTUS is somewhat inconceivable, but does anyone think this guy is going to get a second term?
 
I think the GOP thinks Trump is a clown. I predict they will support him until after the midterm elections, and then find a better candidate. I know that a party not supporting a sitting POTUS is somewhat inconceivable, but does anyone think this guy is going to get a second term?

I think so too. But OTOH, I didn't think he would be elected to begin with. A lot depends on the midterms. Pretty sure Flake is running.
 
The sticky wicket, though, is that the contract is "by and between EC LLC and/or DD on the one part" and Daniels on the other. Most lawyers I've read seem to think Daniels won't be able to nullify the contract on those grounds, even if Trump denies he knew about it.
Yes, but then you're left with a contract between Stormy Daniels and EC LLC and the question what EC LLC gets out of the contract. As I understand it (IANAL), a contract must describe benefits for both parties, and it's clear as mud what EC's benefit is. EC is not Trump's agent.
 
I think the GOP thinks Trump is a clown. I predict they will support him until after the midterm elections, and then find a better candidate. I know that a party not supporting a sitting POTUS is somewhat inconceivable, but does anyone think this guy is going to get a second term?
Were Trump a remotely normal person they might try to get enough on Trump to make him withdraw citing health issues. As it is, I don't see him ever admitting to being less than 120% fit and healthy, so some genuine and catastrophic health will have to be engineered - possibly by Trump himself, through his diet and lifestyle. I'm sure many thoughts and prayers for that happy outcome are sent every day.
 
Were Trump a remotely normal person they might try to get enough on Trump to make him withdraw citing health issues. As it is, I don't see him ever admitting to being less than 120% fit and healthy, so some genuine and catastrophic health will have to be engineered - possibly by Trump himself, through his diet and lifestyle. I'm sure many thoughts and prayers for that happy outcome are sent every day.

I've been there when golfers died from a heart attacks on the course. We can hope. It probably is the way he would choose to go. We could hire a few more porn stars and he could go that way.
 
Were Trump a remotely normal person they might try to get enough on Trump to make him withdraw citing health issues. As it is, I don't see him ever admitting to being less than 120% fit and healthy, so some genuine and catastrophic health will have to be engineered - possibly by Trump himself, through his diet and lifestyle. I'm sure many thoughts and prayers for that happy outcome are sent every day.

I am quite up to him getting stomach and lung cancer together.
 
I know that a party not supporting a sitting POTUS is somewhat inconceivable, but does anyone think this guy is going to get a second term?

Depends on the state of the economy. If unemployment is low, I think it's likely he will.

The problem with attacking a sitting president is that he has his own faction, and Donald Trump still has a faction among "outsiders". The party insiders recognize him as a clown, but the people who voted for him still actually like him. Oh, sure, his cavorting with porn stars is an embarrassment, but he cut taxes and he doesn't like foreigners, so he's ok in their book.

In addition to his own faction, he has all the people who just don't want to rock the boat. Together, they could easily make up enough to get the nomination. Then, once the nomination is secure he could easily be facing a really awful Democratic candidate. They've nominated a few of those. If the economy is good, plenty of people will stick with Trump.

A gigantic GOP midterm loss could also have an effect, but I don't see that happening yet. There's a long time between now and November, but if the election were held today they would face no worst than typical midterm losses. The party with the White House usually loses some seats in the midterms, and this time might be the same, but I don't think it is looking like a huge blowout. If there is a huge blowout, someone might rise to challenge Trump from inside the GOP.
 
I think the GOP thinks Trump is a clown. I predict they will support him until after the midterm elections, and then find a better candidate. I know that a party not supporting a sitting POTUS is somewhat inconceivable, but does anyone think this guy is going to get a second term?

I wonder if he wants one?

I think his run started off as a lark/publicity thing.

I don't think he seriously considered winning until late.

I think when he won the office, he didn't have any idea what to do with it.

If the midterms go badly, Trump may not want to deal with it anymore.
 
I wonder if he wants one?

I think his run started off as a lark/publicity thing.

I don't think he seriously considered winning until late.

I think when he won the office, he didn't have any idea what to do with it.

If the midterms go badly, Trump may not want to deal with it anymore.
Indeed. Trump is like the dog that caught the car. But I suspect that's probably true for most presidents.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom