• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Stormy Daniels Sues the President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is stupid. (I didn't actually read the link, but I've seen some other references.) If whatever he did was something worth going to jail for, then he ought to be prosecuted. However, someone's freedom ought not to rest on what email address was used to do it.

Since you've not read the article, I'll quote the relevant part of the relevant law, as quoted in the article:

“Corporations and labor organizations (including officers, directors or other representatives acting as agents of corporations and labor organizations) are prohibited from facilitating the making of contributions to candidates or political committees, other than to the separate segregated funds of the corporations and labor organizations. Facilitation means using corporate or labor organization resources or facilities to engage in fundraising activities in connection with any federal election …”

And how that's relevant:

“The use of the Trump Organization email is evidence that Cohen’s services were, at least in part, being paid for by the Trump Organization,” Noble said in an email. “That would be an illegal corporate contribution to the campaign even if the company did not pay the $130,000.”

Paying someone to be quiet so they do not damage a political effort is an in-kind contribution to that campaign, covering a cost meant to aid efforts to win the election.

So, while working for the Trump Organisation, he facilitated the making of a contribution to a political committee. That's illegal.
 
Did the CNN reporter just say that "When asked questions about the situation, she did not offer a full-throated response"?

Yes. Yes he did.
 
All right, now you've gone to far. "Husker duing"? That means "Do you remember" in Dutch. (I remember a commercial for a game in the early 70s called "Husker Du".) He was remembering Stomy (sic) Daniels?

And what does fruit have to do with........well, it is Trump....so I suppose anything is possible.

That's not Dutch, it's Norwegian.
 
Since you've not read the article, I'll quote the relevant part of the relevant law, as quoted in the article:



And how that's relevant:



So, while working for the Trump Organisation, he facilitated the making of a contribution to a political committee. That's illegal.

That sounds like a very big stretch.

I note that today Stormy Daniels is telling the world how this has been the biggest boon to her success and notoriety as a porn star. It's working out well for her.

Someone above said something about this being the thing that does Trump in and impeachment and all that. Oh the Dems will impeach him, but he isn't going anywhere.
 
How many obscure colorful expressions for sexual intercourse do you know?

This should eliminate a few of the future submissions

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Bloodhound Gang
Vulcanize the whoopee stick
In the ham wallet
Cattle prod the oyster ditch
With the lap rocket
Batter-dip the cranny axe
In the gut locker
Retro-fit the pudding hatch, ooh la la
With the boink swatter
If I get you in the loop
When I make a point to be straight with you then
In lieu of the innuendo, in the end, know my intent though
I Brazilian wax poetic, so pathetically
I don't wanna beat around the bush
Foxtrot uniform Charlie Kilo
Foxtrot uniform Charlie Kilo
Marinate the nether rod
In the squish mitten
Power drill the yippee bog
With the dude piston
Pressure wash the quiver bone
In the bitch wrinkle
Cannonball the fiddle cove, ooh la la
With the pork steeple,
If I get you in the loop
When I make a point to be straight with you then
In lieu of the innuendo, in the end, know my intent though
I Brazilian wax poetic, so pathetically
I don't wanna beat around the bush
Foxtrot uniform Charlie Kilo
Foxtrot uniform Charlie Kilo
Put the you-know-what in the you-know-where
Put the you-know-what in the you-know-where
Put the you-know-what in the you-know-where
Put the you-know-what in the you-know-where pronto
 
That's not Dutch, it's Norwegian.


Or Danish! And the lyrics sound like the blackmail letter Stormy Daniels might consider sending to DD! The last line: If you forget, I remember - everything :)

Glemmer du, så husker jeg det ord for ord
Alting brast, men det gør heller ikke spor
Minderne har jeg da lov at ha'
Dem kan du aldrig, nej aldrig ta'

Husker du - de tanker som os sammen bandt?
Husker du - de glæder, som vi sammen fandt?
Hver en dag, og hver en time har jeg talt
Glemmer du, så husker jeg - alt

Husker du - de glæder, som vi sammen fandt?
Husker du - de tanker som os sammen bandt?
Hver en dag, og hver en time har jeg talt
Glemmer du, så husker jeg - alt


 
I was thinking today, remember on the West Wing when Sam Seder was in hot water because he slept with a hooker? This was a guy who was a deputy communications director (aka a speech writer) who was causing trouble for the administration because he slept with a woman who worked as a prostitute (he didn't pay her, but others did).

That was a different time.....now the President can have slept with a porn star and the only issue is whether the hush money that was paid was technically a campaign contribution.
 
...
That was a different time.....now the President can have slept with a porn star and the only issue is whether the hush money that was paid was technically a campaign contribution.

I consider that positive progress, honestly.
 
How many obscure colorful expressions for sexual intercourse do you know?

Don't know how many (he?) knows, but in the 60's and 70's a lot of old porn books as well as sexual term dictionaries from various times and places were (re)published.
 
All right, now you've gone to far. "Husker duing"? That means "Do you remember" in Dutch. (I remember a commercial for a game in the early 70s called "Husker Du".) He was remembering Stomy (sic) Daniels?

And what does fruit have to do with........well, it is Trump....so I suppose anything is possible.

I have heard he is obsessively fond of bananas!!!!!!
 
Which is stupid. (I didn't actually read the link, but I've seen some other references.) If whatever he did was something worth going to jail for, then he ought to be prosecuted. However, someone's freedom ought not to rest on what email address was used to do it.

Strawman. Nobody thinks guilt will be established by the email address. Rather, it is clearly important for establishing, along with other evidence, that improper funds were used in the payoff.
 
I am totally confused. How can hush money for infidelity and an NDA possibly be legally binding? Is that even possible? Aren't NDAs for intellectual property and trade secrets and the like? How could anybody possibly force somebody not to let the cat out of the bag in a case of infidelity?
Even if it is legally binding, it is a lose lose situation for Trump. She can just break the NDA, get sued for it and still come out on top.

For one thing because it is not an NDA. It is an out of court settlement to avoid potential lawsuits.
 
I must admit the probability of this leading to impeachment and/or criminal charges in the future seem very unlikely. If the Dems win the House, it could lead to impeachement, but not a conviction in the Senate. However, that would only happen if the Democratic leadership was just as stupid as the Republican leadership 20 years ago. Clinton should never have been impeached, and Trump shouldn't be impeached for this.

When the case for impeachment has to be explained to people so that they understand that something that looks like one thing is really something else, it won't convince 2/3 of the Senate to overturn an election. In this case, what seems to be happening is that people are seeming to insist that a simple case of paying hush money and concealing it by creating some shell game to make it harder to follow is actually an unreported campaign contribution. It won't fly. As for the "criminal adultery" line of thought, that's just ludicrous.


And once again I am assuming that he paid Stormy Daniels using his own money. If that turns out not to be the case, things could end differently.

A much smaller case of illegal campaign contributions sent Dinesh D'souza to prison. It is also what sent Jared's Dad to prison. And this can be charged in california state court so trump can not pardon his lawyer when he goes to prison for this.
 
I was thinking today, remember on the West Wing when Sam Seder was in hot water because he slept with a hooker?

Apologies for the slight derail, but I'm not going to let 'Sam Seder' whiff past without noting that the character was called 'Sam Seaborn'.

Somewhat more on-topic, Sam was criticised - yes, for sleeping with her, but more generally just for 'associating' with her. It is fiction however, and Sorkin-fiction, which has an overwhelmingly high moral tone (depending on your moral leanings)

The Vice President (in the West Wing - not Pence) did resign over rumours of an affair though.
 
Don't know how many (he?) knows, but in the 60's and 70's a lot of old porn books as well as sexual term dictionaries from various times and places were (re)published.

I'd guess most of those creative terms originated in letters to Penthouse magazine.
 
Last edited:
Jay Goldberg, Trump's divorce lawyer, went on CNN to claim that Clifford has no chance to have the settlement deemed null and void.
It seems to me that he is looking to get hired for the impending divorce of Melania from Trump.
 
Jay Goldberg, Trump's divorce lawyer, went on CNN to claim that Clifford has no chance to have the settlement deemed null and void.
It seems to me that he is looking to get hired for the impending divorce of Melania from Trump.

So Trump is now saying he is DD and knew about the payments and other criminal acts the whole time? That is the only way they can get the settlement held up, that Trump is DD and took part in it. So Trump needs to say he committed campaign finance felonies to get it upheld. This is a legitimate route he can go. But he seems to be saying that he never had any relationship with her so as such the document can not be upheld.

We already have had Trump lawyer talking about committing felonies on television so why not?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom