• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Stormy Daniels Sues the President

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, no for several reasons, not the least of which is that he allegedly shot the meat rocket into the sausage wallet in California and Nevada

How many obscure colorful expressions for sexual intercourse do you know?
 
It's not a NDA but a secret settlement.
The problem for Trump is the real chance of a criminal conviction for his lawyer- but it will be up to Congress to decide if that is a reason for impeachment.
But if he does nothing, Daniels and others with similar settlements (and there are probably more) will feel free to reveal what they have and know.
Only Trump knows what would probably be less damaging to him.
 
NDA's can cover any agreement not to disclose any information. The enforceability may be hampered by various factors in different jurisdictions, but they are not limited generally. It is just a contractual agreement not to disclose certain information.

I could ask any person on the street to sign an NDA for a secret as mundane as my favorite color that I whisper into their ear and if I compensate them and we both properly execute the documents we are both bound by that contract just like any other contract.
 
He didn't commit adultery in NY. NY penal code does not apply to acts outside of NY.

Please stop making me agree with The Big Dog.

Yeah - the "adultery is a crime" thing is just silly no one is going to be charged under that no matter who they are. It's just one of those strange relics we find scattered throughout our legal systems.
 
NDA's can cover any agreement not to disclose any information. The enforceability may be hampered by various factors in different jurisdictions, but they are not limited generally. It is just a contractual agreement not to disclose certain information.

I could ask any person on the street to sign an NDA for a secret as mundane as my favorite color that I whisper into their ear and if I compensate them and we both properly execute the documents we are both bound by that contract just like any other contract.

Don't even need that although sometimes such an agreement will include something like a dollar payment.
 
Yeah - the "adultery is a crime" thing is just silly no one is going to be charged under that no matter who they are. It's just one of those strange relics we find scattered throughout our legal systems.

I know it's a Trump thread but it is getting ridiculous even for one where a porn star is suing a sitting president.
 
Under the principles of comity, New York should apply Florida law to Florida citizens married in Florida but residing in New York.
Are you sure "Florida citizen" is even a thing, legally? US States have residents, tax payers, registered voters, perhaps a few other things, but citizens?
At the least, can you provide evidence that Donald Trump was a Florida citizen back in the relevant time frame, 2006ish?

I can assure you just as God made little green apples that Donald Trump did not violate a Florida statute prohibiting lewd and lascivious conduct by Husker Duing Stomy Daniels in a hotel room in Lake Tahoe Nevada.

That assurance is void as no god made, in fact, any little green apples.
 
I can assure you just as God made little green apples that Donald Trump did not violate a Florida statute prohibiting lewd and lascivious conduct by Husker Duing Stomy Daniels in a hotel room in Lake Tahoe Nevada.

All right, now you've gone to far. "Husker duing"? That means "Do you remember" in Dutch. (I remember a commercial for a game in the early 70s called "Husker Du".) He was remembering Stomy (sic) Daniels?

And what does fruit have to do with........well, it is Trump....so I suppose anything is possible.
 
I find it deliciously ironic that the Administration may be brought down because of the one issue nobody really cares about.
 
NDA's can cover any agreement not to disclose any information. The enforceability may be hampered by various factors in different jurisdictions, but they are not limited generally. It is just a contractual agreement not to disclose certain information.

I could ask any person on the street to sign an NDA for a secret as mundane as my favorite color that I whisper into their ear and if I compensate them and we both properly execute the documents we are both bound by that contract just like any other contract.

I saw this in one article, quoting from court papers.


"In the alternative, Plaintiff seeks an order of this Court declaring that the agreements in the forms set out in Exhibits 1 and 2 are invalid, unenforceable, and/or void under the doctrine of unconscionability."

I don't know too much about the "doctrine of unconscionability", and how it is applied in law or how it relates to this particular sort of agreement, but I know that there are certain agreements that you just can't legally agree to. I wonder if this sort of thing, i.e. who you've had sex with, is generally covered. Is "unconscionability" likely to succeed as a legal argument here?
 
I saw this in one article, quoting from court papers.


"In the alternative, Plaintiff seeks an order of this Court declaring that the agreements in the forms set out in Exhibits 1 and 2 are invalid, unenforceable, and/or void under the doctrine of unconscionability."

I don't know too much about the "doctrine of unconscionability", and how it is applied in law or how it relates to this particular sort of agreement, but I know that there are certain agreements that you just can't legally agree to. I wonder if this sort of thing, i.e. who you've had sex with, is generally covered. Is "unconscionability" likely to succeed as a legal argument here?

no. unconscionability applies only where the terms are so onerous that it would be unjust to enforce it or where the terms are so wildly one sided that it would be unjust to enforce them. This ain't it, particularly where Stormy had a lawyer
 
I know it's a Trump thread but it is getting ridiculous even for one where a porn star is suing a sitting president.

Makes me happy!!! Hope it gets deeper and worse. On the really good side it shows his so called religious followers to be vile and corrupt as they do not shun or leave I'm in the droves they should be.
 
I find it deliciously ironic that the Administration may be brought down because of the one issue nobody really cares about.

From your mouth keyboard to god's ears - even though I have no belief in any gods or one big one...........
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom