• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Excel problem

Rincewind

Philosopher
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
8,750
Location
Adirondacks, NY - with Magrat!
You know how when you use the mouse to select a range of cells, Excel identifies the selected cells with a surrounding line?

Well - I have a spreadsheet where this doesn't happen - the cells are selected, but there's no nice surrounding line.

I guess I probably accidentally hit a key that does this!

So - please can anyone advise how to set it back to normal?

Thanks!
 
I don't use Excel much but I suspect that at least some versions inherit some appearance values from the dialog:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization\Window Color and Appearance

So you may need to say what version of Excel and Windows you're using to get an answer.
 
Only one problem with Excel? You are lucky.

There is only one problem with Excel - and that is often the user. Unless the user uses Excel a lot then they probably do not have the knowledge to use it. Excel has many features, but trying to work out what they are and how to use them is hard. Then they add in a few more features or change the way it works like they did when they went from 2003 to 2007 version.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom