• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Gratitude, Compulsion, Idiocy or Nobility?

No, your bad behavior is not someone else's fault. No, not every post that objects to you or attempts to hold you accountable is an insult or uncivil. You have, at various times here, expressed the unjustified belief that your religion must be given quarter here. This is not a safe space for your religion. It will be challenged insofar as the facts dispute it. If this is unacceptable to you, you need to find a forum that is more sympathetic.

The issue of your hypocrisy isn't cured by your attempts to blame your critics for whatever sins you imagine on their part. The fact remains that you were the only one here lying about what you deemed an acceptable diet. You are the only one who maintains a double standard. I admit I eat meat. I admit I eat cultivated foods. I have made a reasonable case that this is the historically consistent practice for humans. But even if I hadn't, my habits actually reflect what I believe and what I advocate. You, on the other hand, advocate one high standard yet hold to another that is more relaxed. Yet you want credit for the higher standard. What your religion tells you is an acceptable diet -- what you hold to as a universal truth, or "true religion" -- is not the diet you actually follow. You are not entitled to praise you have not earned.

The website dictionary.com defines hypocrisy as "a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess." You have made a couple of indignant posts that appear to try to rebut this characterization, but none of them explains how this definition does not apply to you. Your predicament is certainly not made better by accusing others of being "greedy" compared to you. And for some reason you think your unwarranted attack is made better by extending it to many people instead of just one individual. It is one level of hypocrisy simply to pretend to have a moral character one doesn't actually have. It's another level of hypocrisy to chastise others from that false premise. Reasonable people are not required to condone that behavior.

But lest the discussion devolve any further, let me point out a more practical problem with your latest admission. Your critics have pointed out that your proposed system would be impractical and impossible to implement on a wide scale. It may have worked fine for rural inhabitants of your peninsula many centuries ago. But it suffers in today's world from being unable to ensure an adequate and nutritious food supply. Your own demonstrated inability to follow the strict guidelines means the system would be doomed to failure if it were predicated on a high rate of adherence. Systems that require people, on their own, to adhere to an artificially high moral standard generally don't last very long.

Constant insult and criticism to me, my religion and other religions. 4. Got nothng other than corporate criticism and insult. Always criticising or insulting is not an attribute of religion, morality or science. Noticed, Rarely got reply to many and long posts elsewhere here. Got fed us. So enjoy in you, by you and with you.
 
Constant insult and criticism to me, my religion and other religions. 4. Got nothng other than corporate criticism and insult. Always criticising or insulting is not an attribute of religion, morality or science. Noticed, Rarely got reply to many and long posts elsewhere here. Got fed us. So enjoy in you, by you and with you.

You didn't address the points in my post. Please provide an argument that isn't simply whining about how badly you think you're being treated.
 
You're advocating your religion in a skeptics forum. Why would you not expect a chorus of disagreement?

True. Simply I felt I am in rational skeptic forum. My miscalculation. So felt and accept my mistake. Nothing more to discuss except TTTTs. So elsewhere. Enjoy.
 
You didn't address the points in my post. Please provide an argument that isn't simply whining about how badly you think you're being treated.

I can not tolerate more oneway criticism and insults. Truth need to be taken with equanimity not by rationality or self one sidedness. So elsewhere, here or there. Enjoy in you.
 
I can not tolerate more oneway criticism and insults. Truth need to be taken with equanimity not by rationality or self one sidedness. So elsewhere, here or there. Enjoy in you.

I'm sure I speak for your other critics when I say we're all tired of your bellyaching. You've been given a fair opportunity to present your case. You've been listened to for dozens of pages and hundreds of posts. Your inability to prevail has nothing to do with the sins you propose to heap upon your critics. It has much more to do with your argument amounting to nothing more than insisting that your religion be taken as self-evident fact. Instead of imagining yourself the poor victim of some conspiracy to oppress you, perhaps you should contemplate the reasons why such an argument would not prevail outside the narrow confines of Jainism's true believers.
 
I'm sure I speak for your other critics when I say we're all tired of your bellyaching. You've been given a fair opportunity to present your case. You've been listened to for dozens of pages and hundreds of posts. Your inability to prevail has nothing to do with the sins you propose to heap upon your critics. It has much more to do with your argument amounting to nothing more than insisting that your religion be taken as self-evident fact. Instead of imagining yourself the poor victim of some conspiracy to oppress you, perhaps you should contemplate the reasons why such an argument would not prevail outside the narrow confines of Jainism's true believers.

If all defects are in me and you all are God, why interact with me?
 
Because truth is basic while rational is gross.
I think that is a capsule review of the whole problem you have here. You criticize others for their skepticism and cry that it's not real skepticism when it fails to parrot your faith. Truth will not fold under rational scrutiny. Truth is rational. I know you do not believe this but it is the truth as many see it. Our disagreement is not just about methods but about what is and is not true. You cannot argue science and metaphysics when you remain implacably and obstinately ignorant of both. As the old saying goes, "you shouldn't bring a knife to a gunfight."

You claim to be insulted by others, but you, in your own way, insult everyone else here who is an earnest seeker of truth - or you would if others were as irrationally sensitive about honest argument as you seem to be. As it is, I at least am not truly insulted any more than I am insulted by a dog that barks behind a fence.
 
All,

Sorry, now I have no time & encouragement to attend, irrelevant & irrational posts as per me, TTTTs and constantly insulting and criticizing posts to me. Henceforth,ONLY contributing posts can be attended by me and rest all ignored. Pls take a note on it. I am thankful to few contributing posters like MR hans and may only just attend to them. Forget & forgive, all odds during routine discussions(bit common) and I also f&f same reciprocally.

Please limit to topic and avoid derailing the tread.Thanks.
 
Last edited:
All,

Sorry, now I have no time & encouragement to attend, irrelevant & irrational posts as per me, TTTTs and constantly insulting and criticizing posts to me. Henceforth,ONLY contributing posts can be attended by me and rest all ignored. Pls take a note on it. I am thankful to few contributing posters like MR hans and may only just attend to them. Forget & forgive, all odds during routine discussions(bit common) and I also f&f same reciprocally. Thanks.

Excuses, excuses.
 
I think that is a capsule review of the whole problem you have here. You criticize others for their skepticism and cry that it's not real skepticism when it fails to parrot your faith. Truth will not fold under rational scrutiny. Truth is rational. I know you do not believe this but it is the truth as many see it. Our disagreement is not just about methods but about what is and is not true. You cannot argue science and metaphysics when you remain implacably and obstinately ignorant of both. As the old saying goes, "you shouldn't bring a knife to a gunfight."

You claim to be insulted by others, but you, in your own way, insult everyone else here who is an earnest seeker of truth - or you would if others were as irrationally sensitive about honest argument as you seem to be. As it is, I at least am not truly insulted any more than I am insulted by a dog that barks behind a fence.

Pls refer my last post.
 
That is best in my interest since you are not giving me anything other than practicing corporate criticism against me. I got fed up.


"Offence is what people take when they can't take argument." - Richard Dawkins.
 
I'm sure I speak for your other critics when I say we're all tired of your bellyaching.
You certainly speak for me.

You've been given a fair opportunity to present your case. You've been listened to for dozens of pages and hundreds of posts. Your inability to prevail has nothing to do with the sins you propose to heap upon your critics.
This is a fair summary of Kumar's entire 14 year posting history. But he keeps coming back, even though he learns nothing and convinces no-one.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom