FenerFan
Illuminator
Well, it's a done deal. Actually, it's been done for almost a month now.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/21/world/europe/turkey-erdogan-state-of-emergency.html
As dudalb posted, a classic dictatorial move. "Welfare and peace." I guess I have to do my part and help achieve some. Something tells me it won't happen anytime soon, if ever. At least not until the next national elections, which I'm sure will be as fair as the recent referendum vote.
Mission completed.
In a signal that Turkey faces indefinite rule by decree, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced on Sunday that a state of emergency, introduced as a temporary measure after last year’s failed coup, would continue until the country achieved “welfare and peace.”
Despite international criticism of these measures, Mr. Erdogan said on Sunday that the state of emergency “will not be lifted,” according to Anadolu Agency, a state-owned news wire. “Until when? Until the situation reaches welfare and peace.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/21/world/europe/turkey-erdogan-state-of-emergency.html
As dudalb posted, a classic dictatorial move. "Welfare and peace." I guess I have to do my part and help achieve some. Something tells me it won't happen anytime soon, if ever. At least not until the next national elections, which I'm sure will be as fair as the recent referendum vote.
Mission completed.