• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is incredibly off-topic, folks...

Okay, I will try to bring it back to "The Trump Presidency".

Tyson portrays a racist, xenophobic President Bush. The shallow stereotype certainly applies to some Republicans, but not all. It is not fair to tar Bush with the Trump brush. Bush as well as his brother and much of his administration have decried the anti Muslim rhetoric that has become common in the Republican party.

Tyson will study something with half of his attention and then build a story around it. Which is usually entertaining but often wrong. I would say a lot of the misinformation he delivers he initially believed to be true. In other words he is a great bull *******. Much like Trump.

Both Trump and Tyson rose to prominence riding the wave of an ignorant populace that values bull **** and entertainment over rigor and accuracy.

You may call yourself a skeptic but you are credulous. Like Tyson's birthers you will swallow misinformation if it reaffirms your prejudices.

I had meant to write Trump's birthers.
 
Last edited:
Gee Bob that's tough. You say he promised you?
Bob didn't say that. Bob said "That's what he told us." I'm sure Bob (like most of us) has been told stuff before that hasn't been delivered on.

Pretty much took him at his word, did you?
I see no suggestion that he did. He might well have thought Trump was full of it. Did the union he represents swing behind Trump or something?
 
Gee Bob that's tough. You say he promised you? Pretty much took him at his word, did you?


Perhaps, I should send a truckload of handkerchiefs, each with an image Trump's mug, to the Carrier plant where they can pay for shipping with their severance pay. Just a small gift to remember Uncle Donald "T" by.
 
MOAFE*

*Mother of All False Equivalences

Errrr.... I didn't say they were equivalent. Of course Trump is a much more successful and influential bull *******. But both of them rose to prominence riding the wave an ignorant, credulous populace.

I provide numerous examples of Tyson BS. With cites and evidence.

A lot of the Tyson flubs I list were in Tyson's talk at The Amazing Meeting 6. Supposedly a meeting of skeptics. "Skeptics" that swallowed demonstrably false assertions without question.

Yes, Trump's base accepts a lot of falsehoods. They would do well to exercise skepticism. But self proclaimed skeptics need to question their own assumptions before trying to remove the mote from their neighbor's eye.
 
may I suggest a thread devoted to comparing Tyson and Trump then?

It's almost certainly a fascinating topic that deserves the focus of its own thread, and should not be diluted by discusdions of other more widely-discssed aspects of Trump's presidency
 

Um...no to that BS. Of course, it's not surprising to hear this from a rag like the NY Post.

The only way Obama "paved the way" for Toupee Fiasco was by being black, and president. The current president, unlike McCain and Romney, was a clear cut white populist - combining a message of economic advantage for white people, with a message of keeping the darkies (black, hispanic, and Native Americans) in their place via brutal government intervention. He's an absolute failure as far as bestowing riches on white people, but it's full steam ahead as far as white supremacy goes, and that's enough for many of the people that continue to support him. We're all set up to ignore police brutality against minorities, we're setting up ICE as a "deportation force", we're putting money back into private prisons, we're draining money out of investigations into white supremacist groups that are our actual greatest terrorist threat, and the only reason that his Muslim Ban hasn't become law is his own stupidity.

Funny part is, I was expecting a smarter person to lead the white supremacy backlash against Obama. I was expecting a bigot, but not an inept, bigoted con-man. So, I have to ask, since us black folks were repeatedly accused of voting for Obama only due to skin color...what's up with white folks voting for Don "Puffy" Combover? Is white supremacy that important to that many of y'all? And if so - to those who would rather have a functioning government that works for the good of all, are you talking to these clowns? What were they thinking, voting for the white supremacist, sexual-harrassing conman to be president?
 
The only way Obama "paved the way" for Toupee Fiasco was by being black Democrat, and president.
ftfy.

80% of republicans would have voted for an orange turd if it had an 'R' next to its name. Oh wait, they did!

to those who would rather have a functioning government that works for the good of all...
Republicans don't want a functioning government.
 
I'm in disagreement with Roger Ramjets. I think this is exactly so and needs no revisions.

Well, there are people who will vote for party over anything else, just to be clear. Ands I'll admit, I trust democrats far more than republicans, so I fall into this category.

But, there are also folk that voted for Obama, but also voted for Toupee Fiasco. They can't claim to no endorse racial hatred, because Trump is an obvious bigot. So...really, what happened there?

Again, my view is that Trump, unlike McCain or Romney, was a straight-up white populist - the sort of guy that his voters wanted to vote for. And there are plenty of studies that show that "racial resentment" was a factor for folks who voted for the current president.

I see no way around this. However, thanks for the support. This is not an attack on you, at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom