• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read a brutal editorial by Charles Blow in the New York Times.

"A Fake and a Fraud".

Should be pretty easy to find.

Link

I think Blow is too much of an optimist when he opines that Trump's base will abandon him. I see no reason for the ill-informed, low-information, Fox News junkie to change his/her mind.
 
Link

I think Blow is too much of an optimist when he opines that Trump's base will abandon him. I see no reason for the ill-informed, low-information, Fox News junkie to change his/her mind.

I agree, I think there is a significant portion of the populace who will never abandon no matter what he does.

I live in CT, which is a very blue state. Here are some supporters of Trump:

http://www.ctpost.com/news/trumpct/

He is on the right path...
I like Merry Christmas...
At least we had a shot with Trump...
I wake up everyday and thank god...
 
I think Blow is too much of an optimist when he opines that Trump's base will abandon him. I see no reason for the ill-informed, low-information, Fox News junkie to change his/her mind.
Unless Fox News (which is to say, Murdoch) turns on him.

Optimistic, true, but not entirely fantastical.
 
Unless Fox News (which is to say, Murdoch) turns on him.

Optimistic, true, but not entirely fantastical.

Murdoch was strongly against him before the nomination. Then they had a meeting and since then, Fox has been Trump's personal propaganda channel.

I don't think that Fox can drop him without a replacement to fawn over - Pence might do nicely for that, though.


Note to self: spread rumours that Fox&Friends like Pence better than Trump
 
Murdoch was strongly against him before the nomination. Then they had a meeting and since then, Fox has been Trump's personal propaganda channel.

I don't think that Fox can drop him without a replacement to fawn over - Pence might do nicely for that, though.


Note to self: spread rumours that Fox&Friends like Pence better than Trump


Good idea. If it took hold it would probably put Pence in Trump's Twitter cross-hairs.
 
Good idea. If it took hold it would probably put Pence in Trump's Twitter cross-hairs.
I don't do Twitter myself, but I did suggest some time back that #BetterPence could be used to this effect. I might even sign up with a few aliases to help it along, and I have no Russian connections I can bring to mind should we get rumbled.
 
Not sure if this has already been mentioned:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/15/us-troops-afghanistan-trump-administration

I guess Mattis got Trump to try another surge - total waste of lives and money in the medium run, of course.


Trump is not only an idiot and a liar, he is also a hypocrite.

Donald J. Trump

Do not allow our very stupid leaders to sign a deal that keeps us in Afghanistan through 2024-with all costs by U.S.A. MAKE AMERICA GREAT!
5:12 AM - 21 Nov 2013


Donald J. Trump


Let’s get out of Afghanistan. Our troops are being killed by the Afghanis we train and we waste billions there. Nonsense! Rebuild the USA.
10:55 AM - 11 Jan 2013


Trump is a fake president because he is totally unfit to lead the United States of America.
 
.
Republicans who have seen the light.


Help wanted: Why Republicans won’t work for the Trump administration
Top-level vacancies frustrate Trump's administration


The array of legal and political threats hanging over the Trump presidency has compounded the White House’s struggles to fill out the top ranks of the government.

Trump’s firing of FBI Director James B. Comey last month and the escalating probe into Russian interference in the presidential election have made hiring even more difficult, say former federal officials, party activists, lobbyists and candidates who Trump officials have tried to recruit.

Republicans say they are turning down job offers to work for a chief executive whose volatile temperament makes them nervous. They are asking head-hunters if their reputations could suffer permanent damage, according to 27 people The Washington Post interviewed to assess what is becoming a debilitating factor in recruiting political appointees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...28ba60fbb98_story.html?utm_term=.23877ed51cb3
 
Unless Fox News (which is to say, Murdoch) turns on him.

Optimistic, true, but not entirely fantastical.

True, that.

I'd like to live in an alternative universe where, one day, Fox junkies turn on Fox & Friends in the morning only to see Senator Sanders sitting there on the couch while Dumb & Cumber (Doocy and that other loon) fawn over him, saying how they've seen the light. Where Lumpy (Hannity) confesses that he's been duped all along and now sees Hillary as the rightful President and calls for a 2016 do-over. Where Fox business talking heads all unite in calling fresh-water economics a disaster and decide Krugeman is the guru to follow henceforth.

Heads would asplode! The sun would stop turning! Cats and dogs living together!

*wakes up from daydream* Where am I?
 
Working in the corporate world, I can tell you , from observation only, that these two things are much, much more important than anything else:

1. The job you do is not important. The PR you do on the job you do is important.


2. At all costs, never attach your name to a bad decision (Which always works out as never attach your name to a decision)


Working in a corporation is working in a top-down, command economy not subject to market forces. Perception is more important than reality.

A bit like the Soviet Union, ironically.
If only you didn't have to pretend to be enjoying it all.
 
No joke, I get this repeatedly this morning:



Everything seems to be working fine otherwise. Did I just wake up from a vivid, detailed, lengthy nightmare?
 
Last edited:
I loved the image of TrumpCo arriving at Mar-a-lago. Barron lags behind a bit, turns around, and takes a selfie. He's the only one I kind of feel bad for in all of this.
Is that because, just like Donald, you forgot Tiffany existed?
Are you suggesting that Tiffany is a figure deserving of our sympathy?

Remember, while she isn't getting the media attention nor the responsibilities that Ivanka is, she did make a speech at the Republican convention in support of Donald Drumph. So, she is at least partly complicit in the rise of the racist Orangutan to the presidency. Hard to feel bad for her in that situation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom