• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said John McCain understatedly.

Senator John McCain, a prominent Republican voice on foreign policy, was visibly irked when asked by the Guardian what message Trump had sent to the United Kingdom, one of America’s most enduring allies.

“What do you think the message is? The message is that America doesn’t want to lead,” McCain said, while adding of the rest of the world: “They are not sure of American leadership, whether it be in Siberia or whether it be in Antarctica.”

Asked if America’s standing on the global stage was better under Barack Obama, McCain, a fervent critic of the previous administration’s foreign policy, responded: “As far as American leadership is concerned, yes.”
 
I don't think Mattis got down on his knees like the rest. He praised the troops.

I turned it off before I saw the whole thing. The sickening display turned my stomach. I was hoping Mattis and Kelley didn't debase themselves like the rest of the lickspittles.
 
Trump's tweets highlights and underlines the MAGNITUDE of his stupidity.

What's fascinating is these courts are deciding this on a guess that Trump is against Muslims because of the campaign. If this was Obama"s EO it would have sailed through, that ought to give you a clue. I'll be incredibly surprised if the SCOTUS doesn't reverse it. But what really needs to happen is Trump needs to get to replacing these lib judges who are activist judges.
 
I turned it off before I saw the whole thing. The sickening display turned my stomach. I was hoping Mattis and Kelley didn't debase themselves like the rest of the lickspittles.
I forgot all about Kelley. If I were Mattis I would be very pissed by Trump's comments on Qatar.

Who else's comments were left out?
 
My exact reaction.

It would be political suicide. Just like firing Comey weakened his political position, this would be tantamount to an admission of guilt and most likely obliterate his political position.
 
I can't imagine the NYT wouldn't have shown one of the secretaries not groveling if they had the tape. That would have become the story.
I think so too, but that's based largely on my media career. I got paid to think that way.
 
What's fascinating is these courts are deciding this on a guess that Trump is against Muslims because of the campaign. If this was Obama"s EO it would have sailed through, that ought to give you a clue. I'll be incredibly surprised if the SCOTUS doesn't reverse it. But what really needs to happen is Trump needs to get to replacing these lib judges who are activist judges.

No, the courts decided that even though, the sick freak is surrounded by licensed attorneys they still violated a section of Immigration Law that everyone who goes through the first three weeks of Immigration Officer Basic Training Course (or whatever they call it since DHS) knows is sitting right there. As I recall, it was covered in a class called Imm Law I. As in the first in a series of immigration law classes every officer gets when they enter on duty.
 
It would be political suicide. Just like firing Comey weakened his political position, this would be tantamount to an admission of guilt and most likely obliterate his political position.
The fact that he's considering it shows pretty serious desperation.

According to talking heads on CNN, White House staffers are in panic mode in reaction to the concept.

Add... For a moment there, I was pleased with myself for beating you with this juicy story. Alas.
 
Last edited:
The fact that he's considering it shows pretty serious desperation.

According to talking heads on CNN, White House staffers are in panic mode in reaction to the concept.

The weirder part is all Mueller has done so far is hire staff and gather memos. No investigation has begun in earnest. At least Nixon waited until he had a very contentious showdown with Cox over a subpoena for taped Oval Office conversations.
 
Last edited:
But what really needs to happen is Trump needs to get to replacing these lib judges who are activist judges.
Alas, Trump does not have the power to fire judges.

It would be political suicide. Just like firing Comey weakened his political position, this would be tantamount to an admission of guilt and most likely obliterate his political position.
You would think, right? But it's different with Trump.

IMO, Trump is right on the cusp of insulting the intelligence of even low-information voters, if he hasn't done so already. IMO, that will hurt him.

I don't call all Trump supporters scum. My brother and nephew voted for him (if they voted, which I assume they did). Neither is highly educated but they're not fools. That Cabinet performance, oy. And gratuitously insulting the country hosting the largest U.S. military base in the Middle East. WTF? Yes, let's drive Qatar into the loving arms of Iran.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom