• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting look into how NATO is prepping to meet with Trump.

NATO is scrambling to tailor its upcoming meeting to avoid taxing President Donald Trump’s notoriously short attention span. The alliance is telling heads of state to limit talks to two to four minutes at a time during the discussion, several sources inside NATO and former senior U.S. officials tell Foreign Policy. And the alliance scrapped plans to publish the traditional full post-meeting statement meant to crystallize NATO’s latest strategic stance.

On May 25, NATO will host the heads of state of all 28 member countries in what will be Trump’s first face-to-face summit with an alliance he bashed repeatedly while running for president. NATO traditionally organizes a meeting within the first few months of a new U.S. president’s term, but Trump has the alliance more on edge than any previous newcomer, forcing organizers to look for ways to make the staid affair more engaging.

“It’s kind of ridiculous how they are preparing to deal with Trump,” said one source briefed extensively on the meeting’s preparations. “It’s like they’re preparing to deal with a child — someone with a short attention span and mood who has no knowledge of NATO, no interest in in-depth policy issues, nothing,” said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “They’re freaking out.”
 
You should rethink your opinion. Nixon may have deserved it for other things but he DEFINITELY deserved it for Watergate. In fact, I really don't think it's debatable. About 40 people went to jail or prison for Watergate including high level people like Chief of Staff Haldeman, Sr. Counselors Ehrlichman and Dean and the Attorney General of the United States. Nixon was listed as an un-indicted co-conspirator on most of those crimes.
I'm not sure what purpose it served jailing those 40 people, either. I'm not a big lock-'em-up activist. My outrage today is more directed at Jeff Sessions as outlined in this Rand Paul op-ed. Not that I'm a big Rand Paul fan, either. Sessions is just who I happen to be pissed off at right now. More than Trump, so far today.

My feeling on the pardon was, let Nixon be indicted, then pardon him. To pardon him in advance for any crime against the U.S. seemed wrong to me. But I'm fairly convinced Ford took that as a condition of his job and was content to take the heat.

I have always contended it was a horrible blow to our democratic principles that he was pardoned.
I must have been more cynical than you as a kid. The country was already forcing mainly working class, relatively uneducated young men to take a 1 in 10 chance of being killed in an idiotic foreign war. I already knew the system was rigged. For a brief time I felt the U.S. was making major progress in facing reality. Then Reagan was elected and everything was groovy again.

ETA: I know I am oversimplifying the draft and its effects, but it had a big influence on voluntary servicemen as well.
 
Last edited:
Maybe I should go dig up a political blog that says the opposite to link here. And get over yourself.

Excuse me? :boggled: Or do you just find Kos as unreliable as some random guy on Twitter?

Were the Tweets you posted more than some random guy on the Net making stuff up? Maybe a heads up next time just what it is you are posting?
 
Last edited:
Excuse me? :boggled:

Were the Tweets you posted more than some random guy on the Net making stuff up? Maybe a heads up next time just what it is you are posting?

I posted links to these guys a few pages back seeking criticism. I find the claims interesting. There is a great deal going on behind this presidency that we dont know. Can the condescension.
 
‘Morning Joe’ Hosts: Conway Said She Needed a Shower After Speaking for Trump

The hosts of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” said on Monday that the White House counselor Kellyanne Conway complained extensively about President Trump in private conversations with them before he was elected.

Mika Brzezinski said during Monday’s broadcast that she heard Ms. Conway denounce the candidate in private after promoting him on television.

“She would get off the air, the camera would be turned off, the microphone would be taken off, and she would say ‘Blech, I need to take a shower,’ because she disliked her candidate so much,” Ms. Brzezinski said of Ms. Conway.

Joe Scarborough, Ms. Brzezinski’s co-host and fiancé, echoed the statements, saying that Ms. Conway said after being interviewed that she had only taken the job for money and that she would soon be done defending Mr. Trump.

lol
 
Last edited:
I posted links to these guys a few pages back seeking criticism. I find the claims interesting. There is a great deal going on behind this presidency that we dont know. Can the condescension.

So say so in your post, anything, you find these guys credible, these guys are knowledgeable about the facts, you've been following him on other subjects and he's been accurate, anything.

We are in a era of random Tweet initiated bullcrap and it's annoying to find the ISF joining the echo chamber.
 
If Republicans want any credibility they need to immediately expand investigations into Comey: Why didn't he ask for charges against Clinton when she was so transparently guilty?

Maybe they can check into this thing that happened in Libya, Benghazi, I think, and then run through Whitewater again, just to make sure.

I would gladly trade you more dead end investigations of Clinton that reveal no wrongdoing for a good, independent probe into Trump's endless shady ****.

Sorry to inform you, but that's exactly what a guest on FOX was saying today. He was saying that if we need an independent investigation looking into Trump's actions with Russia and Comey, then one needs to look at Comey's findings on Hillary.
 
Sure it's not the planet, it's civilization.
The atmosphere is a pretty thin skin - in terms of fruit, it is the skin on an apple if the apple is the whole earth (Neil deGrasse Tyson). I'm pleased to find out if you Google NASA climate change you still get this. I'm surprised Trump has not ordered NASA to suppress this information. It may just be a matter of time. The rise in carbon dioxide is a straight line up from 1950. Before that it fluctuated but never got as high as the line we crossed some time ago. In theory I do believe humans could poison the atmosphere to the extent that many species other than man would be affected.
 
So say so in your post, anything, you find these guys credible, these guys are knowledgeable about the facts, you've been following him on other subjects and he's been accurate, anything.

We are in a era of random Tweet initiated bullcrap and it's annoying to find the ISF joining the echo chamber.

Twitter is news on speed. It's fast, furious and raw. It's not predigested facts carefully delivered on a broadsheet. It takes new approaches to media to get the best out of it. I dont believe I possess them all but it is fun exploring.

And the whole Trump saga is just so bloody fascinating.
 
Last edited:
Twitter is news on speed. It's fast, furious and raw. It's not predigested facts carefully delivered on a broadsheet. It takes new approaches to media to get the best out of it. I dont believe I possess them all but it is fun exploring.

Lol
You really believe that?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom