• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows?

If Trump gets arrested he may become a martyr to them. Breitbard & Co may try to get the USA into a new civil war. And guess who has the weapons?

Ok, that might be a little over the top.
But I would expect some major outcry if Trump gets arrested. And probably a few nutjobs might try something stupid.

I think there will be a lot of people including many Trump voters that will in fact be relieved.
Trump has hovered between 35 and 42 percent 'favorable' ratings almost since the beginning. 35 percent right now. But 'favorable' is not hard core support. That is considerably less. There will be people that will think the establishment conspired to get him even with compelling evidence.

Remember, Trump joked that he could shoot someone in broad daylight and they would still support him. Look at logger. Trump has flip flopped on countless campaign promises within months of being elected. He has acted like a childish idiot and Logger won't ever leave him. If Trump is impeached, Logger will insist it was a left wing conspiracy.
 
Some may cry, "Fake news!" but this kind of action will require a lot of damning evidence, which will become public.

I would love it if I woke up tomorrow and see him cuffed and being placed in the back seat of car. I know it will never happen. It never happened to Nixon, but it should have.
 
I would love it if I woke up tomorrow and see him cuffed and being placed in the back seat of car. I know it will never happen. It never happened to Nixon, but it should have.

It would be the strongest advertisement for Democracy all over the globe.
 
Trump joked that he could shoot someone in broad daylight...

I would love it if I woke up tomorrow and see him cuffed and being placed in the back seat of car. I know it will never happen.
Trump could shoot someone in broad daylight and not be arrested, can't be diagnosed insane and won't be impeached while Republicans are in power. So we are probably stuck with him for the next 4 years.

But this is actually a good thing. Why? Because the more he screws up, the more it reflects on those who put him there. Trump is political chemotherapy, a poison we took to fight a disease we didn't have - but it will kill the cancer we do have.
 
Trump could shoot someone in broad daylight and not be arrested, can't be diagnosed insane and won't be impeached while Republicans are in power. So we are probably stuck with him for the next 4 years.

But this is actually a good thing. Why? Because the more he screws up, the more it reflects on those who put him there. Trump is political chemotherapy, a poison we took to fight a disease we didn't have - but it will kill the cancer we do have.

I'm not sure I buy this argument. Consider this. Congress as a whole consistently is viewed as highly unfavorable but almost never your local Congressman. Most people don't look past there own noses. They won't hold others responsible for Trump.
 
Haha, this is almost too good to be true....

So, recall the law firm that stated that Trump's last 10 years of tax returns do not reflect "any income of any type from Russian sources?"

It was my feeling that this was just misleading - the concern is (1) not that Trump gets paid by the Russians, but that he owes them money and (2) if any money was coming from Russia, it would be laundered and not appear on the personal return as having a Russian origin.

But it's even funnier:

Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, the law firm advising President-elect Donald Trump on handling his business conflicts, won the Russia Law Firm of the Year award in 2016. The law firm announced the award in a press release last May, noting it was recognized in the Chambers & Partners' 2016 Chambers Europe guide. According to Morgan Lewis' website, the firm's Moscow office staffs more than 40 lawyers who are well known in the Russian market and "have deep familiarity with the local legislation, practices and key players."
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a55064/trump-comey-tapes/

I'm not sure that's the most meaningful bit of information in all of this, but good lord, it's funny. Combined with everything else, it's just unbelievable.
 
But this is actually a good thing. Why? Because the more he screws up, the more it reflects on those who put him there. Trump is political chemotherapy, a poison we took to fight a disease we didn't have - but it will kill the cancer we do have.

I doubt't it.
Even if it will be only 4 years, he will leave a trail of destruction. Politically and physically. The backlash on climate change alone is worse enough, that I wouldn't call the Trump presidency a therapy at all.

The fight against AGW is in its critical phase, and we get Trump trying to turn the wheel back 20 - 30 years. The world can not afford that.
 
The fight against AGW is in its critical phase, and we get Trump trying to turn the wheel back 20 - 30 years. The world can not afford that.

Yes, this is my big fear, as well. Almost everything is correctable, but we're at the point of no return with AGW unless we've already passed it. No correcting that.
 
The fight against AGW is in its critical phase, and we get Trump trying to turn the wheel back 20 - 30 years. The world can not afford that.
Not to be cliche, but the world will be just fine. It's humanity that cannot afford it.

And, frankly, I suspect this is merely an instance of natural selection in action.
 
I would love it if I woke up tomorrow and see him cuffed and being placed in the back seat of car. I know it will never happen. It never happened to Nixon, but it should have.
Nixon might have deserved that, but not for Watergate, IMO.

Smithsonian: Nixon prolonged the Vietnam War for political gain

Again, IMO but I am talking about proportionality. It amazed me that of all the crap Nixon did it was a bungled burglary and idiotic coverup that did him in. That, and his own need to tape himself for posterity. This is why I believe that Trump if brought down will be laid low by something fairly trivial. He hasn't had the time to screw up at Nixon's scale (that we know of) but he's making a lot of rookie mistakes.
 
Trump could shoot someone in broad daylight and not be arrested, can't be diagnosed insane and won't be impeached while Republicans are in power. So we are probably stuck with him for the next 4 years.

But this is actually a good thing. Why? Because the more he screws up, the more it reflects on those who put him there. Trump is political chemotherapy, a poison we took to fight a disease we didn't have - but it will kill the cancer we do have.

Haha, this is almost too good to be true....

So, recall the law firm that stated that Trump's last 10 years of tax returns do not reflect "any income of any type from Russian sources?"

It was my feeling that this was just misleading - the concern is (1) not that Trump gets paid by the Russians, but that he owes them money and (2) if any money was coming from Russia, it would be laundered and not appear on the personal return as having a Russian origin.

But it's even funnier:
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, the law firm advising President-elect Donald Trump on handling his business conflicts, won the Russia Law Firm of the Year award in 2016. The law firm announced the award in a press release last May, noting it was recognized in the Chambers & Partners' 2016 Chambers Europe guide. According to Morgan Lewis' website, the firm's Moscow office staffs more than 40 lawyers who are well known in the Russian market and "have deep familiarity with the local legislation, practices and key players."



http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a55064/trump-comey-tapes/

I'm not sure that's the most meaningful bit of information in all of this, but good lord, it's funny. Combined with everything else, it's just unbelievable.

Oh my god, that is hilarious. I heard that his lawyers said that but thought that doesn't really prove a damn thing. Lawyers lie for their clients all the time. Maybe not in court, but no one is going to hold them accountable for what they may have said in a press release. It's not a legal document. So I never found it very persuasive.

But I'm sorry, that tidbit makes it all just stunningly hilarious.
 
If Republicans want any credibility they need to immediately expand investigations into Comey: Why didn't he ask for charges against Clinton when she was so transparently guilty?
 
If Republicans want any credibility they need to immediately expand investigations into Comey: Why didn't he ask for charges against Clinton when she was so transparently guilty?

Maybe they can check into this thing that happened in Libya, Benghazi, I think, and then run through Whitewater again, just to make sure.

I would gladly trade you more dead end investigations of Clinton that reveal no wrongdoing for a good, independent probe into Trump's endless shady ****.
 
Last edited:
Nixon might have deserved that, but not for Watergate, IMO.

Smithsonian: Nixon prolonged the Vietnam War for political gain

Again, IMO but I am talking about proportionality. It amazed me that of all the crap Nixon did it was a bungled burglary and idiotic coverup that did him in. That, and his own need to tape himself for posterity. This is why I believe that Trump if brought down will be laid low by something fairly trivial. He hasn't had the time to screw up at Nixon's scale (that we know of) but he's making a lot of rookie mistakes.

You should rethink your opinion. Nixon may have deserved it for other things but he DEFINITELY deserved it for Watergate. In fact, I really don't think it's debatable. About 40 people went to jail or prison for Watergate including high level people like Chief of Staff Haldeman, Sr. Counselors Ehrlichman and Dean and the Attorney General of the United States. Nixon was listed as an un-indicted co-conspirator on most of those crimes.

I have always contended it was a horrible blow to our democratic principles that he was pardoned.
 
If Republicans want any credibility they need to immediately expand investigations into Comey: Why didn't he ask for charges against Clinton when she was so transparently guilty?


none of them want to be left holding the dagger that was just before in Trump's back. Knowing their own constituents, that person would never get re-elected, and that might be the least of his problems.
 
Haha, this is almost too good to be true....

So, recall the law firm that stated that Trump's last 10 years of tax returns do not reflect "any income of any type from Russian sources?"

It was my feeling that this was just misleading - the concern is (1) not that Trump gets paid by the Russians, but that he owes them money and (2) if any money was coming from Russia, it would be laundered and not appear on the personal return as having a Russian origin.


Plus, what they actually said was no income of any type from Russian sources "with a few exceptions".
People had a field day mocking that last part.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom