• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could there be some credence to this? Perhaps a dollop. But so much of it makes no sense. What, exactly, is the purpose of a sooper sekret sealed indictment, "only to be brought forth if he's impeached"? Impeachment is a form of indictment. If they have the information to indict, what exactly about impeachment is it that would "trigger" this indictment? And certainly there are sympatico Congress Critters who "they" could get this bill of indictment to, who could introduce it to (an even-if hostile) Congress.

And by "they" I mean whichever DA empaneled the grand jury in the first place, not just the reporters.

I like Louise Mensch. She's sufficiently crazy to appeal to me and has previously been the source of equal parts enlightenment and laughter. Too many unanswered questions to get all excited about this just yet.
 
Could there be some credence to this? Perhaps a dollop. But so much of it makes no sense. What, exactly, is the purpose of a sooper sekret sealed indictment, "only to be brought forth if he's impeached"? Impeachment is a form of indictment. If they have the information to indict, what exactly about impeachment is it that would "trigger" this indictment? And certainly there are sympatico Congress Critters who "they" could get this bill of indictment to, who could introduce it to (an even-if hostile) Congress.

And by "they" I mean whichever DA empaneled the grand jury in the first place, not just the reporters.

I like Louise Mensch. She's sufficiently crazy to appeal to me and has previously been the source of equal parts enlightenment and laughter. Too many unanswered questions to get all excited about this just yet.

The claim is that the indictment is going to be used to force his impeachment.
 
They claim that Pence and Ryan are also going down.

Wait, why would Ryan go down?

(wait, he'd eagerly do it for wealthy people. Let me rephrase...)

Why would Ryan be impeached, or otherwise knocked out of contention?

For that matter, are there any serious allegations against Pence? As far as I can tell, he seems to be a bystander. And truth told, as much as I despise them politically, neither one would be as monumentally inept as Cheeto Benito is.

...I should look up a few more derogatory nicknames for the president, I'm repeating myself too much. I'll still stick by "Toupee Fiasco", though.
 
Wait, why would Ryan go down?

(wait, he'd eagerly do it for wealthy people. Let me rephrase...)

Why would Ryan be impeached, or otherwise knocked out of contention?

For that matter, are there any serious allegations against Pence? As far as I can tell, he seems to be a bystander. And truth told, as much as I despise them politically, neither one would be as monumentally inept as Cheeto Benito is.

...I should look up a few more derogatory nicknames for the president, I'm repeating myself too much. I'll still stick by "Toupee Fiasco", though.

The claim is that he was recorded talking about Russians washing money into the GOP.

ETA: read this if you want to know what they are saying about it:
https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/13...ded-may-9th-hatch-getting-security-briefings/
 
Last edited:
To be the fair they claim that Trump, Pence, and Ryan are all going down.


Ryan? For what? What did I miss?

What, exactly, is the purpose of a sooper sekret sealed indictment, "only to be brought forth if he's impeached"? Impeachment is a form of indictment. If they have the information to indict, what exactly about impeachment is it that would "trigger" this indictment?


As I understand it, the indictment mentioned can only be acted on after Trump has been removed from office. But they are suggesting that its existence could be used to start impeachment proceedings.

It sounds almost paradoxical. I don't know enough to really wrap my head around it, honestly.
 
Last edited:
I've been looking for a left-wing version of Alex Jones and it looks like the good people at patribotics might just fit the bill.
 
Ryan? For what? What did I miss?
ETA: read this if you want to know what they are saying about it:
https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/13...ded-may-9th-hatch-getting-security-briefings/


...the intelligence community has an intercept in which Ryan openly admits that he knew Sergei Kislyak was washing Russian money into the GOP. This will convict Ryan on RICO charges...​


Yikes. Although this all sounds way too "good" to be true. Almost like a political suspense novel. I guess we'll see in time.
 
Last edited:
I've been looking for a left-wing version of Alex Jones and it looks like the good people at patribotics might just fit the bill.

Trump is such a shonky bastard with a long history of dealing with other shonky bastards I dont imagine it would be hard to dig up a whole lot of criminal activty. This beside his alleged russian dealings.
 
...the intelligence community has an intercept in which Ryan openly admits that he knew Sergei Kislyak was washing Russian money into the GOP. This will convict Ryan on RICO charges...​


Yikes. Although this all sounds way too "good" to be true. Almost like a political suspense novel. I guess we'll see in time.

It makes good reading doesn't it.
 
It really would not surprise me if the Russians were washing money into the GOP and Ryan was at least aware. They are willing to do pretty much anything to help rich people get richer.
 
Trump has led a sheltered life in which any lawsuit could be settled by throwing money at it (or the people in charge of it).
But if the FBI is gunning for him, he's screwed: given the amount of pitch-black smoke that is Trump's life ever since his first business dealings there is no way that there isn't enough fire to criminally prosecute him for something, especially if people feel like they have nothing to gain by staying loyal to him. So far, many cases where he could have rightfully be charged were just not considered worth the bother - but now there are plenty of interested parties to see it through.
In my opinion, it is very likely that Trump will resign with an immunity deal in his pocket. They only question is whether he will take it before 2018 with a friendly Congress or after with a hostile one.
 
It really would not surprise me if the Russians were washing money into the GOP and Ryan was at least aware. They are willing to do pretty much anything to help rich people get richer.


I obviously never agreed with any of Ryan's political views, but I never got the impression that he might be shady, at least on that level. Maybe I just hadn't been paying enough attention to him. (Or, of course, the claim may be... inaccurate.)
 
A strong claim and not just speculation as I described it ealier. Going to be heroes or end up with a lot of egg on faces.

Yep.

I'm sorry, but I have to demand evidence before I take a position here.

I'll hold off on my clearly contemptuous nicknames, for this one post.

Trump is very clearly unfit to be president. He should have just retired, and gone to chill at his various corrupt resorts or other.

I want to see solid evidence before we start to discount Pen ce or Ryan. And it's not simple skepticism here, it's also that both are awful people. Ryan is a Randian, who is happy to cut tens of millions from health care just for a quick headline. Every proposal that he's made has been absurd. And Pence is a Christian Fundamentalist - hey, let's just torture gay people until they turn straight!.

Neither one would push the serious threat to me and my family that Trump does, but both are awful. I'd prefer Pence over Trump, but that's not a compliment - I'd prefer myself over Trump, and I should never be president.

And of course, it does not help at all that Mitch "Party over Country" McConnell is leading the Senate. Let's be honest - we've watched the GOP absolutely refuse to serve the American people, particularly since Obama was elected. And yes, this is partly due to racism.

I hold myself to a higher standard. Trump has already shown himself to be a clown. Pence isn't a threat to me, personally, and Ryan isn't either. In fact they may benefit me, personally, in the short term.

I don't care. I'll still fight against them. The issue is deeper than short-term gains≥
 
I obviously never agreed with any of Ryan's political views, but I never got the impression that he might be shady, at least on that level. Maybe I just hadn't been paying enough attention to him. (Or, of course, the claim may be... inaccurate.)

I think it is probable that the claim isn't true but it wouldn't surprise me if it is.
 
Reports: Frustrated and Isolated Trump Considering Staff Shakeup at Demoralized White House

President Trump, frustrated and increasingly isolated, is considering a shakeup of his communications staff following the spectacular fallout over his stunning decision to abruptly fire FBI director James Comey on Tuesday. For their part, White House staff members don’t seem very happy, either. Unnamed administration sources, via varied comments to CNN, the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Associated Press, have painted an unsurprisingly dour picture of how things have been going at the demoralized White House, where some Trump aides say they are eager for the president’s trip abroad next week. “We need to get the President outside the beltway,” someone close to the White House explained to CNN.

According to insiders who spoke with the Associated Press, the leak-obsessed president, distrustful of his staff, has shrunk his inner circle to his daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner, as well as longtime aides like former spokesperson Hope Hicks and Trump’s personal bodyguard Keith Schiller. Three officials told the AP that Trump’s chief strategist, Steve Bannon, has been shut out of major decisions following conflicts with Kushner and didn’t even know Comey had been fired until he saw it on television. Reince Priebus, who was consulted regarding Comey’s termination, is nonetheless still on the perpetual bubble with Trump continuing to question his leadership as White House Chief of Staff.

Of course Trump doesn't realize that the problems in the WH are because of him.
 
Last edited:
Of course Trump doesn't realize that the problems in the WH are because of him.


Heh. I had a couple similar thoughts: "It's not your staff; it's you," and, "Good luck trying to find someone that can perfectly apply lipstick on a squirming pig."
 
Good plan!
Trump should just recruit the entire Fox&Friends posse - gets them off the air for most of the time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom