• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most meaningful answer to that is probably "Congress," given that courts have limited power to affect the President.


I would think that's covered by the statement, quoted earlier, that the indictment can't be acted on until after Trump is impeached.

Of course, as Stacko pointed out, the claim that the indictment was issued by the FISA court gives off a bit of a stench.
 
Last edited:
Tweet in haste, regret later. The story of the Trump presidency.

Except for the regret part.
 
Claude Taylor has seemed the more reliable of the two. The reactions of their followers are always hyperbolic but this pair are ahead of the media on the story, while certainly raw.
 
Claude Taylor has seemed the more reliable of the two. The reactions of their followers are always hyperbolic but this pair are ahead of the media on the story, while certainly raw.

I prefer my news like I prefer my hotdogs: well-cooked and pre-processed (with a dollop of sugar). Raw is not good.
 
I prefer my news like I prefer my hotdogs: well-cooked and pre-processed (with a dollop of sugar). Raw is not good.

Each to thieir own. I enjoy steak tartare but not so keen on sometimes having to ease tape worms from my bum.
 
Separate sources with links to the intelligence and justice communities have stated that a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump.

While it is understood that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means that, until Mr. Trump is impeached, he cannot be prosecuted, sources say that the indictment is intended by the FBI and prosecutors in the Justice Department to form the basis of Mr. Trump’s impeachment. The indictment is, perhaps uniquely, not intended or expected to be used for prosecution, sources say, because of the constitutional position of the President.​

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/exclusive-sealed-indictment-granted-against-donald-trump/

Can any of you help critique and make sense of this?

Glancing at the other headlines on the home page, I'm thinking this is not a particularly reliable site. More of a left-wing version of fake news.
 
The sources are former Clinton staffer Claude Taylor and former English MP and now journalist Louise Mench. This is a joint effort said to be based on information supplied by individual insiders that have been feeding them with information. Both seem to have a good track record of accuracy on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrueFactsStated?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
https://mobile.twitter.com/LouiseMensch?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

How it could be put into action is also a question I have.
As for the leaks of of information on this kind of backroom action, to me it seems inevitable and a key problem for conspiracy theories in general - it's very hard to stop information becoming public if the interest is there and people are clamouring to know what is going on with Trump.

They seem to think that because Orrin Hatch was "designated survivor" at the inauguration, if Trump's administration crumbles, then Hatch becomes president. Are you sure this is a reliable site?
 
Glancing at the other headlines on the home page, I'm thinking this is not a particularly reliable site. More of a left-wing version of fake news.

That is Mensch's site and I agree. The pair have however been leading mainstream media on stories like the existence of two court investigations and the recent raid on Strategic Campaign's offices.

They do both seem to be getting interesting inside info. I think there is signal among the Twitter noise.
 
They seem to think that because Orrin Hatch was "designated survivor" at the inauguration, if Trump's administration crumbles, then Hatch becomes president. Are you sure this is a reliable site?

To be the fair they claim that Trump, Pence, and Ryan are all going down. Which would make Orrin Hatch president because he's next in the line of succession as President pro tempore of the United States Senate.
 
They seem to think that because Orrin Hatch was "designated survivor" at the inauguration, if Trump's administration crumbles, then Hatch becomes president. Are you sure this is a reliable site?

There is going to be a lot of speculation in all the downtime between juicy leaks. And as Stark says, it is thought through. It is however clearly not in the "news" catagory that this latest would be.
 
That is Mensch's site and I agree. The pair have however been leading mainstream media on stories like the existence of two court investigations and the recent raid on Strategic Campaign's offices.

They do both seem to be getting interesting inside info. I think there is signal among the Twitter noise.

And they put out a falsifiable claim that is the big one (indictment of a president). There should be no "you win some you lose some" if you do that.
 
There is going to be a lot of speculation in all the downtime between juicy leaks. And as Stark says, it is thought through. It is however clearly not in the "news" catagory that this latest would be.

Hatch is third in line. Pence and Ryan are ahead of him. The fact that Hatch was designated survivor a few months ago is just utterly irrelevant, as I understand it.
 
I'll say one thing - This reminded me that I should probably read up more on Nixon's presidency (I was still a haploid at that point in time, and have put most of my history efforts into racial history rather than presidential history).
 
Hatch is third in line. Pence and Ryan are ahead of him. The fact that Hatch was designated survivor a few months ago is just utterly irrelevant, as I understand it.

They claim that Pence and Ryan are also going down.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom