• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there are processes in place for if we elect someone unfit or becomes unfit. You need to decide where your loyalties are, to your party or the nation.

Lol
When your side gets to proving his unfitness, I'll continue to support him. ;)

Fascinating!
 
Lol
When your side gets to proving his unfitness, I'll continue to support him. ;)

Fascinating!

AMERICA'S side is doing that as we type. Republicans and Democrats.

The loud, proud and wrong side? The side of the "true" Trump supporter?

:dl:

They need to enjoy this while they have it. And then slink back off under whatever *********** rock they came from.
 
(The above was directed at abcytesla)

To be honest, I was too young to remember all but the key events. I was watching TV when they broke in to announce the Saturday Night Massacre. I remember Senator Sam and the hearings. I remember the resignation and pardon, and some trials, but, really, I didn't remember details. I was 10 when he resigned.

I went back and read about it today. In fourty years, I had never actually done that. I just remembered snippets about coverups, and tapes, and Rosemary Woods and the rather implausible accidental tape erasure. I knew that there was a breakin, and a coverup, and obstruction of justice, but I wouldn't have been able to tell you much about the incident at all, so I read about it.

That guy was a crook. A really, seriously, lawbreaking sort of dude.

So, it cannot be proven that he knew about the burglary before it happened, but given who did know, it begs credulity to believe that he had no knowledge. It is conceivable that he was sheltered from the specifics in order to preserve plausible deniability before the breakin, but it seems impossible that he had no knowledge that illegal activities were taking place, even if he didn't know exactly when or where. And after the breakin, he was committing illegal acts.

So is abcytesla "wrong"? Well, let's just say that there was more confirmed truth in his statement than there was speculation, and that his speculation seems very likely to be correct as well.

All right.....Trump. So far, we don't know anything he has done that puts him on par with Nixon. Let's give him time and see what comes out. Given his personality, I, personally, do not think he can have that level of power, but with that level of restriction, and manage to actually follow the law for four years. Maybe he'll surprise me.

That pretty much nails my perspective. Trump (politically speaking) to my knowledge has not come close to the corrupt nature of Nixon. (as of yet) Trump's business activities certainly seem to reek of corruption. And given Trump's blatant deceptive nature and disdain for democracy and the rule of law I am not optimistic that this ends well.
 
That pretty much nails my perspective. Trump (politically speaking) to my knowledge has not come close to the corrupt nature of Nixon. (as of yet) Trump's business activities certainly seem to reek of corruption. And given Trump's blatant deceptive nature and disdain for democracy and the rule of law I am not optimistic that this ends well.
Trump + Russia hasn't been proven, so I agree. But if it is proven, Nixon's corruption pales in comparison, in terms of impact / significance.
 
Separate sources with links to the intelligence and justice communities have stated that a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump.

While it is understood that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means that, until Mr. Trump is impeached, he cannot be prosecuted, sources say that the indictment is intended by the FBI and prosecutors in the Justice Department to form the basis of Mr. Trump’s impeachment. The indictment is, perhaps uniquely, not intended or expected to be used for prosecution, sources say, because of the constitutional position of the President.​

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/exclusive-sealed-indictment-granted-against-donald-trump/

Can any of you help critique and make sense of this?
 
Separate sources with links to the intelligence and justice communities have stated that a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump.

While it is understood that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means that, until Mr. Trump is impeached, he cannot be prosecuted, sources say that the indictment is intended by the FBI and prosecutors in the Justice Department to form the basis of Mr. Trump’s impeachment. The indictment is, perhaps uniquely, not intended or expected to be used for prosecution, sources say, because of the constitutional position of the President.​

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/exclusive-sealed-indictment-granted-against-donald-trump/

Can any of you help critique and make sense of this?

Wait for a better source than Louise Mensch.
 
Separate sources with links to the intelligence and justice communities have stated that a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump.

While it is understood that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means that, until Mr. Trump is impeached, he cannot be prosecuted, sources say that the indictment is intended by the FBI and prosecutors in the Justice Department to form the basis of Mr. Trump’s impeachment. The indictment is, perhaps uniquely, not intended or expected to be used for prosecution, sources say, because of the constitutional position of the President.​

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/exclusive-sealed-indictment-granted-against-donald-trump/

Can any of you help critique and make sense of this?

Hmm. While a little bit interesting to read, I don't see how this even could be used in any meaningful way before put into action, if real. Also, if real, it would probably be evidence of something of a problematic security leak.
 
Hmm. While a little bit interesting to read, I don't see how this even could be used in any meaningful way before put into action, if real. Also, if real, it would probably be evidence of something of a problematic security leak.

The sources are former Clinton staffer Claude Taylor and former English MP and now journalist Louise Mench. This is a joint effort said to be based on information supplied by individual insiders that have been feeding them with information. Both seem to have a good track record of accuracy on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrueFactsStated?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
https://mobile.twitter.com/LouiseMensch?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

How it could be put into action is also a question I have.
As for the leaks of of information on this kind of backroom action, to me it seems inevitable and a key problem for conspiracy theories in general - it's very hard to stop information becoming public if the interest is there and people are clamouring to know what is going on with Trump.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom