• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
I'm not bringing up Brandenburg as if it applies to the nixon thing. My point was that if instead of a post about Nixon, if I made a post about free speech and incitement, the next post someone made would have brought up Brandenburg. If I made a post about detainees, the next post is about Hamden. but I made a post about obstruction of justice, and we haven't mentioned any law or case history.

I don't care what the correct answer on my question is. But a cite or some related case would go a long way.

You seem to have a knack for losing me. Maybe I'm slow
 
They put all that hard work into creating plausible deniabiliy and he just tears it all down in a few seconds.

The trouble is that it doesn't matter. GOP representatives won't call for impeachment or even mild censure, his support among GOP voters will remain strong because he's Making America Great AgainTM and the media won't be able to focus on it because unlike the 1970's where a story could build, unless there's action/reaction in 24 hours the US electorate simply move onto other things.

Anyone bringing this up in a week's time will be accused of raking over old coals.

Trump understands this, and the ridiculously short attention span of the voting public, and so knows that nothing bad will happen to him as a result and something else will be occupying the front pages in a couple of days. :(
 
Funny how what Trump says happened in private conversations always seems to differ so much from what the other person remembers.

One of my favorite exchanges is when Trump was being deposed for his university scam:

At one point, [plantiff's attorney] told Trump that the businessman had stated he had "one of the best memories in the world," according to a transcript that includes hundreds of pages of testimony.

"I don't know. Did I use that expression?" Trump asked. When told he had used the phrase, the billionaire asked to see evidence that he had said it, being told there was video of his remark.

"Did I say I have a great memory or one of the best in the world?" Trump asked for clarification, to which he was told he'd said he had "one of the best in the world."

"I don't remember saying that. As good as my memory is, I don't remember that, but I have a good memory," Trump responded.

"So you don't remember saying that you have one of the best memories in the world?" Forge asked.

"I don't remember that. I remember you telling me, but I don't know that I said it," Trump continued.

Trump weaponizes his megalomania by combining it with senility.
 

If the "manly" alt-right here find the above something they can warm too, they might as well grow those Austrian colonel mustaches and be done with any further pretense. This is a singular yet highly significant key "understanding" from Trump, who definitely thinks he was elected King, and who envies every tinpot dictator on the planet with a freer hand to wreak havoc.
 
If the "manly" alt-right here find the above something they can warm too, they might as well grow those Austrian colonel mustaches and be done with any further pretense. This is a singular yet highly significant key "understanding" from Trump, who definitely thinks he was elected King, and who envies every tinpot dictator on the planet with a freer hand to wreak havoc.

I expect to see someone parallel his attitudes to that of General Dreedle (Orson Welles) in Catch 22 who orders one of his subordinates to take someone outside and shoot them, and then when they tell him he can't actually do that, he asks them if they're sure that he can't just take anyone he wants to out and have them shot. The look of chagrin and puzzlement on his face might be the only good scene in a pretty rotten movie.
 
What an idiot.

Voters Describe Trump As ‘Idiot’ and ‘Liar’ in Disastrous New Poll


New York Magazine said:
Over the last week, Quinnipiac University asked Americans for the first word that comes to mind when they think of President Trump. The answer given more times than any other was “idiot,” followed by “incompetent” and “liar.”
...
C_e_o_0XgAo0S8i.jpg
 
Welllll . . .
He recused himself from that particular investigation, but he didn't recuse himself from being the Attorney General. It's a bit of a stretch to say that he "violated his recusal".

It did violate his recusal, if, as confirmed by POTUS in the recent interview, the reason for Comey's removal was the Russia investigation, and, as hinted by numerous sources, POTUS told Sessions as such before Sessions wrote his recommendation for the removal (who then wisely wrote nothing about the investigation being the reason for Comey's firing).
 
I expect to see someone parallel his attitudes to that of General Dreedle (Orson Welles) in Catch 22 who orders one of his subordinates to take someone outside and shoot them, and then when they tell him he can't actually do that, he asks them if they're sure that he can't just take anyone he wants to out and have them shot. The look of chagrin and puzzlement on his face might be the only good scene in a pretty rotten movie.

Great scene. However, I liked the movie. A lot. But then again I thought the book was fantastic.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom