• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
Depends on what you mean by problem, but based on what I think, the answer is no.
I consider having Bozo the Clown as the sitting president of the United States to be a problem. However, if I were a member of the Russian oligarchy, or part of TheGreatSatan collective, I'd probably consider it the answer to a problem.
 
...
In exactly the same way, a person might deserve to be locked up for a crime, but it's not right to lock him up in order to get off with his missus. ...

I like this example. It's the best example, a tremendous example...

No, really. :thumbsup: :)
 
Think of the millions that believe in the Inside Job, the vaccine-autism link, homeopathy, believe in various supplement magic, BigFoot, UFOs, you name it. They are not all 'stupid' per se. But they are lacking some critical thinking skills for the most of them.

Flat. Earth.
 
Had Clinton fired Comey under identical circumstances and timing, Republicans would have scheduled her execution.

The thing is, once the election was over, there was no more FBI investigation of Clinton going on. It's likely she wouldn't have fired him. They may not have been comfy in the same room together, but that would likely be a minor issue.

In addition, Comey would have still gotten the deserved flak for his poor judgement re his double standard in how he treated investigations into the two top candidates.
 
Has it?
  • Trump steaks
  • Trump Airlines
  • Trump casinos
  • Trump wine
  • Trump bankruptcies
  • Over 3000 law suits against him
  • Some have opined that he would be worth more if he simply had invested all of daddy's money in an indexed fund.

But to be fair, let's list his successes:
  • Born to a wealthy father.

Did I forget something?
Trophy wives.
 
The thing is, once the election was over, there was no more FBI investigation of Clinton going on. It's likely she wouldn't have fired him. They may not have been comfy in the same room together, but that would likely be a minor issue.
Had Clinton won, she, being politically savvy, would have asked President Obama to fire him (or ask for his resignation). It would have been quite justifiable and it would have left her hands clean to appoint a better person for the job.
 
Last edited:
Tremendous. Wonderful. Great. Fantastic. Very, very...

All perfectly cromulent words that have now been degraded to the point of meaninglessness.
 
Last edited:
The thing is, once the election was over, there was no more FBI investigation of Clinton going on. It's likely she wouldn't have fired him. They may not have been comfy in the same room together, but that would likely be a minor issue.

In addition, Comey would have still gotten the deserved flak for his poor judgement re his double standard in how he treated investigations into the two top candidates.
Agreed, but I was referring to a hypothetical situation in which all the current circumstances are identical, save for the identity of the potus.
 
You act as if Nixon didn't commit the crime of obstruction of justice. Granted, he never was charged with a criminal offense but I can assure you the one offense he certainly committed was Obstruction of Justice. Have you ever listened to the tapes? Nixon is clearly discussing do anything and everything possible to halt the investigation. Now politically pure partisanship may have prevented a conviction but I have no doubt that without the pardon, Nixon would certainly have been charged with multiple counts of conspiracy to obstruct justice.

People who weren't there at the time, or weren't involved in the politics of the day more than likely don't know what a big deal it was, can we put an ex-POTUS in jail? Half the country was all about the appearance of such a thing and the other half was screaming about their disgust with the pardon.

In all cases, however, it was more than clear to everyone that Nixon had committed an actual crime. Many in his administration went to jail for years. That is in addition to the burglars. Nixon had a slush fund financing the criminals.

People like my dad, a staunch Nixon supporter said to me, and I quote, "All Presidents commit crimes." Even the Republicans knew the evidence was clear Nixon had broken the law.

The pardon was a big deal and not just some ribbon on the box.
 
I have heard the tapes and I believe there is a real possibility it wasn't obstruction.

-the CIA is allowed to ask the FBI to stop investigating for international interest and not be obstruction.
-there was an international interest (not embarrassing Mexico and hurting relation by condtantly linking their banks to a big crime in DC)

I have not heard any test that actually examines the balance between the competing interest of international relations and obstruction.
You're talking about Trump here or Nixon?

Assuming you mean Trump's interview, your conclusion is premature.
 
Close your eyes when you hear Senator Wyden talking about this and I swear he sounds just like Bill Gates. [/end sidetrack, thanks for indulging me]
 
I mean, is he just the worst super-villain ever?

“I was going to fire Comey, knowing there was no good time to do it,” he told Lester Holt. “And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election.’”

So, he was thinking about the "Russia thing" when he decided to fire him...just thinking about how lame it was so it was totally cool to fire him.

Spicey! Kellyanne! Get on CNN and say the exact opposite of that!
 
Last edited:
Did you notice that at one point he does a lot of that weird sniffing/snorting? It's a tell, of what I'm not sure.

Watching the longer version being played on Lawrence O'Donnell, yes, he is. And in those bright lights I swear his pupils are incongruously dilated.
 
I mean, is he just the worst super-villain ever?

So, he was thinking about the "Russia thing" when he decided to fire him...just thinking about how lame it was so it was totally cool to fire him.

Spicey! Kellyanne! Get on CNN and say the exact opposite of that!

The more of the Holt interview I hear, it was so much more bizarre than I had imagined.
 
Here's the problem with using the Rosenstein memo: it didn't recommend Comey be terminated. Jeff Sessions violating his recusal recommended the termination based on the memo after he and the Orange Menace ordered Rosenstein to write it.

Welllll . . .
He recused himself from that particular investigation, but he didn't recuse himself from being the Attorney General. It's a bit of a stretch to say that he "violated his recusal".
 
I mean, is he just the worst super-villain ever?



So, he was thinking about the "Russia thing" when he decided to fire him...just thinking about how lame it was so it was totally cool to fire him.

Spicey! Kellyanne! Get on CNN and say the exact opposite of that!
I would find it a lot easier to make my peace with its constant lies if it wasn't so abysmally stupid as well.
 
The White House has abandoned the idea of President Trump visiting FBI headquarters after being told he would not be greeted warmly, administration officials told NBC News.

Amid the continuing fallout over his decision to fire FBI Director James Comey, Trump was considering an appearance at the FBI's J Edgar Hoover Building in downtown Washington, DC. The White House publicly floated the idea as recently as Thursday morning.

Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders, asked by a reporter whether such a visit was imminent, replied, I believe that it's very likely that takes place sometime in the next few days."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...rters-after-comey-firing-spokesperson-n757771


lol
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom