SezMe
post-pre-born
Trump is such an embarrassment to the United States that I wonder why it them so long to figure it out!
“That’s the problem with the Russians — they lie,” the unnamed White House official told Acosta.
Words fail me.Trump is such an embarrassment to the United States that I wonder why it them so long to figure it out!
“That’s the problem with the Russians — they lie,” the unnamed White House official told Acosta.
Words fail me.That means more than 4 out of 10 think Trump is looking out for them. Jesus, how depressing. I suppose talking to one of them would be like trying to have a sane conversation with logger.
Indeed. Dialogue with logger is like trying to nail Jello to the wall. I think it is best to just let him live in his little bubble. Ignore him. <--advice I also need to heed.
Yes, but it's so tempting. You're obviously right.
Explain how.Tempting? You've tried and failed. As I've said before, the left doesn't come from fact or truth, they come from emotion and lies.![]()
That does NOT increase my confidence in our military. Which, having been in it, was not that high to begin with.
And the meeting with the Russian Foreign Minister just a few hours after the Comey firing....how stupid was that?
GOd, any political advisor with a shred of intelligence would have told Trump either cancel the meeting if he had to fire Comey that minute, or hold off on firing Comey until a few days had passed after the meeting. The optics could not have been worse if Trump was trying to distract attention from the Russian influence issue.
![]()
"That’s the problem with the Russians — they lie,” the unnamed White House official told Acosta."
Words fail me.
"Trump - no funny little mustache!""
To be fair, Spicer was known as a pretty competent guy, it's just that nobody could do an effective job as the spokesperson for a real-life Simpsons character.
I would take that bet. I'm still giddy over the election, you know, the one where we won it all.![]()
How Popular is Trump? Latest Approval Rating Plummets as White Supporters Flee
It's no secret President Donald Trump isn't popular with the majority of Americans, but a new poll this week shows he is beginning to lose some of the demographics that thrust him into the White House.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/popular-trump-latest-approval-rating-151710548.html
Comey firing latest headache for GOP representatives at town halls
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa -- At one town hall after another, congressional Republicans on recess this week have been getting an earful, and now another issue is testing their hearing.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/comey-firing-latest-headache-for-gop-representatives-town-halls/
Trump is trying to divert from the Comey debacle by saying he might release his tax returns after presidency. I'm not sure trying to change the subject is going to work this time.
I just realized that I have seen no recent Facebook posts by people who previously supported PDJT. Like, in the last few weeks. Could the rest of the country be waking up to what I (we) saw months ago?
I was trying to find words myself after reading that. All I can say is that the White House is full of morons and idiots and they are proving it with each passing day. Even if impeachment proceedings against Trump commenced tomorrow, it would not be soon enough.
I pity the next (elected) president: he/she will have to fire everyone who ever spend significant amounts of time with this administration...
... burning the WH to the ground and rebuilding it from scratch might be less effort.
Yeah.The president is winging it, even on an issue that risks his entire presidency.
by Jonathan Bernstein
I was going to write about something else today, but frankly I just can't work around what Donald Trump has said in multiple interviews released today. You should really see the full interviews, or at least the excerpts I'm linking to, but here's the gist:
. . .
He spoke gibberish about aircraft carriers to Time magazine: "I said what system are you going to be–'Sir, we’re staying with digital.' I said no you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good." I know very little about aircraft carriers, but the people who do know this stuff confirm that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Not that he's wrong, mind you; he isn't coherent enough to be wrong.
EMALS is already installed on Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78), and in 2015 the Navy began buying materials for EMALS on the follow-on John F. Kennedy (CVN-79). In January, the service awarded a $527 million contract to General Atomics for EMALS on the third Ford-class carrier, Enterprise (CVN-80).
While early EMALS development was challenging for the service and slipped in cost and schedule, the Navy has been a vocal supporter of the launching system in the last several years.
It’s yet unclear how much influence the president can have on previously made decisions to use specific government furnished equipment in already agreed upon shipbuilding contracts.
The Mk 13 steam catapult used on Nimitz-class carriers is no longer in production, and if the service elected to return to steam launching it would likely have to design a new system, with the Navy incurring an unknown level of additional expense, USNI News understands.
Ultimately, for the Navy, EMALS represents more than just a new way of launching airplanes. Steam catapults put a lot of stress on the airplanes getting shot off the front of the carrier, and therefore the planes have to be built sturdy enough to withstand those pressures – which means they end up being heavy. As a result, Moore and then-Director of Air Warfare Rear Adm. Michael Manazir explained in 2015, any engineer trying to design a future naval aircraft will end up with a design like the F/A-18 Hornet, the EA-18G Growler or the F-35C Joint Strike Fighter.
With EMALS, though, the electromagnetic field creates a smoother acceleration and doesn’t subject the aircraft to steam. Along with the new AAG, which refines how it stops an airplane based on its weight, “what it also does is open up … the envelope for lower-weight aircraft. So as we start exploring where we’re heading with unmanned aircraft, it gives us a lot of flexibility from a warfighting standpoint that the (legacy system) doesn’t,” Moore said.
“You can now start to do things with aircraft design that you couldn’t do before. It might allow us some more margin in weight, in size, and in structure and capability,” Manazir added.
The following is the excerpt from the Time magazine interview on the subject of the Ford-class carriers.
On the future USS Ford-class carriers
You know the catapult is quite important. So I said what is this? Sir, this is our digital catapult system. He said well, we’re going to this because we wanted to keep up with modern [technology]. I said you don’t use steam anymore for catapult? No sir. I said, “Ah, how is it working?” “Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air.”
It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said–and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said what system are you going to be–”Sir, we’re staying with digital.” I said no you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.
Trump is trying to divert from the Comey debacle by saying he might release his tax returns after presidency. I'm not sure trying to change the subject is going to work this time.