acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Dec 14, 2012
- Messages
- 41,029
I wonder if Trump knows that Deep Throat was in the FBI. Nah, he's probably never even heard of Deep Throat.
I'm sure he's seen the movie.
I wonder if Trump knows that Deep Throat was in the FBI. Nah, he's probably never even heard of Deep Throat.
I wonder if Trump knows that Deep Throat was in the FBI. Nah, he's probably never even heard of Deep Throat.
In the weeks before President Donald Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, a federal investigation into potential collusion between Trump associates and the Russian government was heating up, as Mr. Comey became increasingly occupied with the probe.
Mr. Comey started receiving daily instead of weekly updates on the investigation, beginning at least three weeks ago, according to people with knowledge of the matter and the progress of the Federal Bureau of Investigation probe. Mr. Comey was concerned by information showing possible evidence of collusion, according to these people.
If Obama had let him go, there would have been charges that he was stalling the Clinton investigation. No matter who let him go or when they did it, there was going to be a backlash because that's the way partisan politics works.
The only question that matters to me is: Did Comey deserve to be fired? If the answer is, "yes," then Trump did the right thing.
Investigating Trump's team is a baby step removed from investigating Trump. This distinction means little to nothing.At this time Trump is not under investigation. FLYNN and possibly others from his team are, but not Trump himself. And despite 10 year term he is still subject to termination by POTUS whoever he/she is.
blackmail is coming then? Liberal media = a farce. You guys lapping it up as usual.
Sen. Richard Blumenthal, a Connecticut Democrat, placed a target squarely on President Donald Trump, asking Comey during a Senate judiciary committee hearing if he was investigating the President as part of the probe.
But Comey, again, said he would not answer one way or another.
At points, Comey's responses sounded much like the same answers he gave the House intelligence committee in March -- a string of "I won't answer that" statements.
I scanned the thread, but don't see any mention of Guliani. Has anybody brought up the NYC FBI branch stuff?
Basically, the paper trail shows that Guliani and the NYC FBI branch were very pushy about the Clinton email investigation, to the point where Comey's October surprise may have been based on intentionally misinforming him about the new email content leading to a reopening of the investigation.
I'm asking this as Guliani is sitting in his new luxury digs in Trump International Hotel.
With this in mind, I'm betting that Comey's replacement will likely come from the NY branch.
Guliani is an unlikely choice for FBI director, because he would have to take the fifth on any questions about the Clinton email stuff, or implicate himself in a conspiracy to influence the election. Both would compromise the White House's stated reason for Comey's firing: to restore confidence in the FBI director's objectivity.
Which movie? The one with Linda, or the one with Dustin and Robert. I suspect he would only have watched the former. The latter would be too intellectual for him and had none of the action of the former.I'm sure he's seen the movie.
Which movie? The one with Linda, or the one with Dustin and Robert. I suspect he would only have watched the former. The latter would be too intellectual for him and had none of the action of the former.
Is he going to pardon him first?
That would be just about the worst choice Trump could make, and I don't think Arpaio'd have a snowballs chance in hell of being confirmed.
Probably just a right wing talk radio wet dream anyway.
It's called the Know Your Enemy!!!You do realize the investigation will go on.
Its fascinating how you seem to be consumed with racist rants.

blackmail is coming then? Liberal media = a farce. You guys lapping it up as usual.
Probably too busy holstering for Putin!!!!!********. Again, if he had been fired when he did something wrong (or right after the power to do so changed hands), that would be understandable. Firing him now for things that took place last year - things that were well publicized - is something else entirely.
We keep hearing that the firing was fine because the ****-spewing monster occupying the Oval Office had every right to do it. Well, he has had every right to do it for months. What made it so urgent now that the hellbeast couldn't even wait to do it in person, you know, in a civilized fashion?
He only got about 7 mins into each.Which movie? The one with Linda, or the one with Dustin and Robert. I suspect he would only have watched the former. The latter would be too intellectual for him and had none of the action of the former.
That'd be horrifying. Trump's fond of David Clarke isn't he?
The only question that matters to me is: Did Comey deserve to be fired? If the answer is, "yes," then Trump did the right thing.
I don't know much about him.
But if he has the capacity to trash the FBI, he'll be Trump's choice.