KoihimeNakamura
Creativity Murderer
Some are speculating this is due to Comey's popularity.. which .. well...


I have accepted their recommendation and you are hereby terminated and removed from office, effective immediately.
While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.
But Donald thought it would.Firing Comey won't end the Russia investigation.
https://www.wired.com/2017/05/trump-firing-fbi-director-comey-wont-slow-russia-investigation-yet/
So what does that mean? Is Trump going to order Clinton's prosecution? That would put her back in the public eye for years, after she's already started to fade away. Why would he benefit from that?
Not when the man himself and his regime are under investigation. This BS woulden't fly in any lesser level of government. Comey should refuse to leave and dare Trump to force him out, which would prove once and for all that 2016 was a coup, not an election.
Neither of these are really analogous. In the NPS situation the harassment was covered up rather than dealt with and it took new management to uncover and deal with it. In the O'Rielly situation the historic complaints unearthed by the New York Times would unlikely have sunk him. It was the two fresh allegations on the 18th, over two weeks after the initial article that caused FOX to part ways with him. It wasn't like FOX called him in and said, "Hey Bill, you remember those harassment complaints that you had in 2004 and we paid out on, we're firing you for them."
(Fixed link.)
Like I said, a gigantic hypocrite. But Democrats who were once calling for Comey to resign shouldn't forget that either.
I see a lot of knee-jerk reactions to this, but upon reading the reasons, I have to say I agree with them.
Suggested reading:
Rod Rosenstein's letter recommending Comey is fired
(Goes on to quote the opinions of many former Attorneys General and Deputy Attorneys General from both parties)
So please stop freaking out. He was fired for cause. Granted, he was in a difficult position, and none of this would have ever happened if Hillary Clinton hadn't decided to set up her own private e-mail server. But, he still made incorrect choices in how to carry out his own job.
Who are you and what did you do with Puppycow?Firing Comey won't end the Russia investigation.
https://www.wired.com/2017/05/trump-firing-fbi-director-comey-wont-slow-russia-investigation-yet/
Who are you and what did you do with Puppycow?
Firing Comey taints the investigation, and once Trump appoints a toadie, it will subvert the investigation. The senate doesn't have a staff to speak of. They depend on the FBI. The House committee has already been blown up.
Whatever Comey's failings, the real "failing" is that Trumo couldn't control him. This is a bare naked attempt to subvert the investigation, no less obvious than when Nixon fired Cox.
The notion that Comey's treatment of Clinton is the actual reason is ******** on steroids. Doesn't pass the giggle test.
I see a lot of knee-jerk reactions to this...
I'm hopeful that this time it's a step too far, and that a special prosecutor will be appointed. This depends on republicans like McCain and Sasse gaining traction.Unfortunately, the GOP-controlled House and Senate will not want to cause waves w.r.t. the Trump administration and so Trump will be free to install his own creature as FBI director and then he'll have the choice of letting the FBI investigation wither and die or indeed direct it to exonerate him completely and instead blame Obama.
I'd think Washington area chiropractors are in boom times...
...treating for whiplash.
On both sides.
"Comey - Hero or Goat?"
From the left:
Declines to prosecute Hillary: Hero.
Informs congress of potential evidence coming to light in the investigation: Goat.
Fired by Trump: Hero.
And from the right, flip everything 180°.
Fascinating to watch, but in a "car wreck" sort of way.
Is anyone on the Democratic Party side suggesting that Comey is/was a hero ?
I thought that their issue wasn't that Comey was fired but rather the timing of the firing and suspicions about the motives for the firing.
I'm hopeful that this time it's a step too far, and that a special prosecutor will be appointed. This depends on republicans like McCain and Sasse gaining traction.
I'll grant that "hero" is a bit too strong a word.
But they sure are quick now to defend someone they were certainly demonizing a very short time ago.
I'll grant that "hero" is a bit too strong a word.
But they sure are quick now to defend someone they were certainly demonizing a very short time ago.