• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see how a Trump/corruption thread would differ from a Trump catch-all. :boxedin:

You're right. :p

It is astounding, isn't it. How does the country stop this blatant mess of corruption? The POTUS appoints everyone who could investigate. I wonder how Comey hasn't been replaced yet?
 
Then, why are you arguing with me? If you truly know what you are talking about, you would know the process when waste and abuse are identified. As a military supervisor and later, a defense contractor supervisor, I have dealt in financially military affairs. You do not understand the specifics of what I am talking about, so don't pretend like you know what you are talking about.

.

You're describing an incurable situation? It can't be fixed, so let's have them buy worthless tanks and continue to be unable to account for a hundred billion at a time? Rather than fix that, you propose we just throw money at it because they an intransigent bureaucracy?

Sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree. You may be too close to the situation to realize that something other than the trial balance needs to be ameliorated.

Your classified evidence is nothing more than anecdotal. If you can't disclose what you know, stop telling us how you know it. I'm bound by NDAs not to tell you how I know what I know, so you'll just have to accept my nearly five decades in logistics, a lot of for certain North American governments, as gospel truth, 'cuz if I was to tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. :rolleyes:
 
You're describing an incurable situation?


Not incurable by any means. There are programs that are in use today that have saved hundreds of thousands of dollars. My pressure flapper valves, which used on the Air Force's C-5 has saved the government thousands of dollars and that is just one small example of thousands. DoD personnel can also benefit from identifying fraud, waste and abuse simply are writing a report, but those not in a position to know that are the ones who are claiming the military is basically financially fat. There have been severe cutbacks within the military that have affected military and DoD civilian personnel, which is still in effect today. That is another reason why I am supporting Trump's call to increase military spending even though I did not vote for him. I have said that he is unfit to be president, but in regard to the increase of military spending, I am all for it.

Most Military Families Expect to be Hurt by Defense Spending Cuts

https://www.debt.com/2016/military-families-expect-financially-impacted-defense-spending-cuts/
 
Last edited:
Not incurable by any means. There are programs that are in use today that have saved hundreds of thousands of dollars. My pressure flapper valves, which used on the Air Force's C-5 has saved the government thousands of dollars and that is just one small example of thousands. DoD personnel can also benefit from identifying fraud, waste and abuse simply are writing a report, but those not in a position to know that are the ones who are claiming the military is basically financially fat. There have been severe cutbacks within the military that have affected military and DoD civilian personnel, which is still in effect today. That is another reason why I am supporting Trump's call to increase military spending even though I did not vote for him. I have said that he is unfit to be president, but in regard to the increase of military spending, I am all for it.

Most Military Families Expect to be Hurt by Defense Spending Cuts

https://www.debt.com/2016/military-families-expect-financially-impacted-defense-spending-cuts/

Military families expecting to be worse off has little or nothing to do with the tens or hundreds of billions of dollars being wasted by the Pentagon.

You seem unable to grasp the fact that is possible for the military to be adequately funded and for people on the ground to be short of equipment.

For example, the UK wasted a fortune developing the Nimrod MRA4 while at the same time forcing UK forces in Afghanistan to use unarmoured "snatch" Land Rovers.

If the DOD get another few tens of billions of dollars, there's no guarantee that conditions will improve for servicemen servicewomen and instead the money will be spent on grandiose multi-billion dollar projects that serve only to line the pockets of defence contractors and their shareholders.
 
Well, Macron beat LaPen decisively in France. I wonder if Trumpy will call to congratulate him as quickly as he called Erdoğan a few weeks ago or if he thinks Macron is a "smart cookie," too.
 
Well, Macron beat LaPen decisively in France. I wonder if Trumpy will call to congratulate him as quickly as he called Erdoğan a few weeks ago or if he thinks Macron is a "smart cookie," too.

Trump only likes leaders who are "smart" so he will probably wait to see if Macron is "smart" enough to imprison or execute his opponents.
 
Donnie continues to amaze.
William Kristol of the conservative Weekly Standard told The New Yorker, “You kind of knew what you were getting in terms of some of the wackiness," but some Republicans, especially moderate Republicans, say privately they "are a little bit amazed by the lack of policy knowledge,” Kristol said. "Presidents don’t need to know the details of health-care bills and tax bills...But not even having a basic level of understanding?" He added, “Reagan may not have had a subtle grasp of everything, but he read the briefing books and he knew the arguments, basically. And Trump is not even at that level.” Link to article

Meanwhile his approval ratings, briefly up to 43%, are down a bit at 40%. Disapproval is at 54%, both as of polling done Saturday. Link
 
If only someone had thought to warn you.

Not for me. I wrote Trump off looong ago, the first issue being torture very early on in the campaign. I said that numerous times on this forum. That didn't make Hillary the candidate of choice. This election, in the end, had no candidate I could vote for. The neocons infiltrated the Libertarians, and the the Greens just have to much in their core beliefs for me.

The second matter to me, I also wrote, as if the first were not enough, was his assertions about seizing the oil in the Middle East. Well, sure - we haven't been seizing the oil. If we take that as an objective from now on, we're just criminal gangsters.

From Trump's own book we know he stakes out some absurd opening position and in the ending "Deal" he negotiates down. Some of his politics can be explained that way. But I oppose all the World Police actions no matter who is president, let alone posing the military as a means of brazenly plundering other nations.

In the long run, he's going to regret the cavalier use of the military. That first action in Yemen proved he had too much faith in our special ops people and technology. This missile attack on Syria's airport - while eating Chocolate Cake with the Chinese President: ugh. Letting everyone know what trigger-happy royalty he is.

North Korea. Well by all means, it's exciting adding whole new countries to our successes in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Somalia, etc.

I see some of his base worked up over Korea and others behind it. It's obviously a horrific dictatorship and among all police actions it would be about the least objectionable. But how about ending two wars for every new war you start like with Trump's idea on regulations?
 
Donnie continues to amaze.


Meanwhile his approval ratings, briefly up to 43%, are down a bit at 40%. Disapproval is at 54%, both as of polling done Saturday. Link


Trump didn't need to know anything about policy. He was going to appoint all of the best experts as advisors. Unfortunately, "best" meant "made the biggest contributions" or "was owed favors".
 
Trump is a snake oil salesman who has managed to dupe a number of people to vote for him.
Yep, but the vast majority would have voted for him anyway - simply due to the 'R' next to his name. They didn't really vote for Trump, they voted for all the things he stood for as a Republican - racism, sexism, bigotry, xenophobia, nepotism, crony capitalism, narcissism - and so far they haven't been disappointed.

Donald Trump Job Approval by Party Identification, 2017
Republicans:
2017 Apr 24-Apr 30 87%
2017 Mar 27-Apr 2 81%
 
Yep, but the vast majority would have voted for him anyway - simply due to the 'R' next to his name. They didn't really vote for Trump, they voted for all the things he stood for as a Republican - racism, sexism, bigotry, xenophobia, nepotism, crony capitalism, narcissism - and so far they haven't been disappointed.

Donald Trump Job Approval by Party Identification, 2017

Yep, Republicans tend to have a sports team type of mentality. They don't care if their quarterback is cheating, immoral, or breaking laws, as long as they get the W.
 
Trump didn't need to know anything about policy. He was going to appoint all of the best experts as advisors. Unfortunately, "best" meant "made the biggest contributions" or "was owed favors".

His problem is, to FTFY a statement made by one of Donnie's Manhattan boosters (Mike Francesa of WFAN sports radio):
"He does doesn't do the work."

Reagan read the briefing books. Donnie can't be bothered. :(
 
Not for me. I wrote Trump off looong ago, the first issue being torture very early on in the campaign. I said that numerous times on this forum. That didn't make Hillary the candidate of choice. This election, in the end, had no candidate I could vote for. The neocons infiltrated the Libertarians, and the the Greens just have to much in their core beliefs for me.

The second matter to me, I also wrote, as if the first were not enough, was his assertions about seizing the oil in the Middle East. Well, sure - we haven't been seizing the oil. If we take that as an objective from now on, we're just criminal gangsters.

From Trump's own book we know he stakes out some absurd opening position and in the ending "Deal" he negotiates down. Some of his politics can be explained that way. But I oppose all the World Police actions no matter who is president, let alone posing the military as a means of brazenly plundering other nations.

In the long run, he's going to regret the cavalier use of the military. That first action in Yemen proved he had too much faith in our special ops people and technology. This missile attack on Syria's airport - while eating Chocolate Cake with the Chinese President: ugh. Letting everyone know what trigger-happy royalty he is.

North Korea. Well by all means, it's exciting adding whole new countries to our successes in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Somalia, etc.

I see some of his base worked up over Korea and others behind it. It's obviously a horrific dictatorship and among all police actions it would be about the least objectionable. But how about ending two wars for every new war you start like with Trump's idea on regulations?

That's true, I remember clearly your position rejecting Trump's comments about torture and oil. I still had the impression you'd vote for him. I don't know you personally, so I don't know how much you'd stand on principle, but I've heard from pleeenty of Trump voters who said "I don't really like him, or the x and y things he says, but..."

Based on Trump's track history of staying true to any number of issues, it puzzles me that anyone would be surprised when the rug gets pulled.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom