So you are pro pork even if it costs you your gloves? We are going to have to seriously raise taxes to cover all this pork now.
I am not pro pork. However, there are programs that DoD personnel and contractor use to report abuses and waste, but what I am saying is that without proper equipment, safety gear and spare parts, don't expect anything to get done. There are also benefits to be gained for DoD civilians, DoD contractors and military personnel who can save the government money and I am one of the recipients of such a program.
I might add that high-tech research is not cheap, but it has paid off in the past, the present and will in the future. Case in point:
ONE BOMB KILLS 40 TANKS US Air Force CBU 105 cluster bomb new
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RtNvyemGx0
US Navy To Go Full Star Trek With New Laser Weapons
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/25/us-navy-to-go-full-star-trek-with-new-laser-weapons/
Despite the fact that I am anti-Trump, I support an increase in military spending because I have seen firsthand how the military has become a basket case, financially speaking. I also like to put it in another way:
You don't wait to have an accident to buy insurance. We can also take a look at the latest developments near Alaska as one example.
Air Force intercepts Russian bombers, fighter jets near Alaska
(FOX NEWS) Two Russian Bear bombers — escorted for the first time by a pair of Su-35 “Flanker” fighter jets — entered Alaska’s Air Defense Zone early Thursday morning, U.S. officials told Fox News.
The Russian formation was intercepted by a pair of U.S. Air Force F-22 stealth fighter jets that were already flying a patrol about 50 miles southwest of Chariot, Alaska.
It was the first time the U.S. Air Force has seen advanced Russian Su-35 fighter jets escort Russian Cold War-era bombers near Alaska.
http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/air-forc...fighter-jets-near-alaska/#4u0wPIVC3Gz0kHMC.99
Since the Russians also had a "Mainstay" aircraft in the area during the time of the intercept of the Russian bombers and fighters, it was clear to me what the Russians were up to, and it wasn't for the purpose to look for new fishing grounds for their fishing fleet. I might add, that one of my chapters for which I have led, has ties to the 477th Fighter Group and the 302nd Fighter Squadron, which are based at Joint-Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska. That unit flies the F-22 Raptor has also intercepted Russian aircraft in the past.
The public is largely unaware of what occurs behind closed doors, and another reason why I have stated that you don't wait to have an accident to buy insurance because you have to stay a step ahead of of the competition whose goal is to destroy you along with your government. Another example was made when Russia sent JDAM jammers to Iraq to render our JDAM bombs ineffective, but the Russians were unaware that we tend to place backup measures up our sleeve until needed
(your tax dollars @ work). Case in point: we used JDAM bombs to destroy the Russian JDAM jammers because the Russians were unaware of what was up our sleeve and the American people are not familiar with what their tax dollars have been purchasing in regard to high-tech exotic weaponry. The military cannot report every cent it spends for obvious reason because even our adversaries can read English.
As mentioned, such technology is not cheap but it is also essential and I hope that Trump understands that as well. The F-15C is now behind the power curve when compared to today's generation aircraft and will eventually be retired to the boneyard. Just to let you know that we are currently in the stages of research regarding artificial intelligent unmanned jet fighters and bombers and the cost to replace current aircraft replacements with those exotic aircraft of the future won't be cheap either. In fact, I'd submitted an unmanned aerial platform using a laser years ago under a special program and I have noticed that the unmanned surveillance stealth aircraft of today reveal similarities to my original design.
I did not vote for Trump, but I think he understands where I am coming from as far as military spending is concerned and even things as simple as safety gloves are essential for the production of high-tech weaponry.
.