• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's smallest/weirdest lies

Since truth is the topic of this thread I'm going to stick this here. Just put away your irony meters first or they will be exploding!

Kellyanne Conway is asked about how she takes it personally, the things said about her. Her response at the 0:25 mark of the interview is " ... just because somebody says something doesn't make it true... "

If only she understood those words!

CNN Video of Interview
 
Last edited:
That made my day! I'm going to start advertising my mobile home as eleven stories, because why not?

Your mobile home is the best mobile home. Believe me, everybody agrees. So there is no problem with your mobile home. Other people's mobile homes? Loser mobile homes. Fake news. Sad!
 
Its the day before a long weekend, when very little of significant interest is going on. What exactly is wrong with discussing a few of the little quirks of the political system.


Lies told by the President are now demoted to little quirks?
 
What exactly is wrong with discussing a few of the little quirks of the political system.
Lies told by the President are now demoted to little quirks?
Its certainly not good that the U.S. has a compulsive liar in charge. But not all lies have equal significance.

An obvious lie (e.g. "Drain the swamp") means more than something like "I didn't pretend to be my own publicist", because one of them has a positive political effect, the other is just... weird.
 
It is difficult for a sitting President to tell small lies since everything they say is news, however Trump has told plenty of weird lies.

The most recent weird lie that I know of involves the "armada" that he sent to the area of Korea when in fact this same battle group was already committed to the Indian Ocean to do some training exercises with the Australian navy instead.
 
That's absolutely worth it. I'm drinking my morning coffee and watching out of the kitchen window of our summer place, and the view is so much better now that it's on the 17th floor.

That's nothing. I live in Denver - that's 528 floors up.

The view is astounding.
 
It is difficult for a sitting President to tell small lies since everything they say is news, however Trump has told plenty of weird lies.

The most recent weird lie that I know of involves the "armada" that he sent to the area of Korea when in fact this same battle group was already committed to the Indian Ocean to do some training exercises with the Australian navy instead.

How is the president supposed to know what a fleet is doing? He has no way to find out, Fox and Friends backed him up after all, so his morning briefing was in agreement with him.
 
The most recent weird lie that I know of involves the "armada" that he sent to the area of Korea when in fact this same battle group was already committed to the Indian Ocean to do some training exercises with the Australian navy instead.
I figure that wasn't so much a 'lie' as a 'screw up based on incompetence'.
 
I figure that wasn't so much a 'lie' as a 'screw up based on incompetence'.

Trump's lies are fractal in nature - the level of truth in the big things is the same as in the small things.

That's one reason why it is so scary. Normal people don't lie about things that they know are easily disproved and which they consider unimportant. To do otherwise, is indicative of something wrong.

I do think that the partially true statement by Trump about his buildings being the Tallest in Manhattan fit in with this behaviour. I think that Snopes is being generous to Trump, given his other narcissistic behaviours.

http://www.snopes.com/trump-bragged-tallest-building/
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom