• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Brilliant Light Power Going To Market - Free Energy Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that Mills is, in fact, deluded by his "theory" of a below-ground state? And that his persistence as embodied in BLP is just his bulldog effort to make his ideas work? That every stumbling block is not a rejection of his ideas but a "real" (in his eyes) setback due to some cause other than his Hydrinos?

IOW, is this really fraud on Mills part or is he yet another inventor who has fooled himself?

I should add that I'm just wondering what might be taking place. I am in no way suggesting that Mills and his acolytes like markie are onto something real.
 
It can be thought of as heat not that much above ambient. In other contexts it is heat below water's boiling point.


markie, I would expect someone who earlier held forth on details of quantum physics would know heat isn't a temperature.
 
An imaginative scenario. However, they are not scrambling for excuses for delays. They are mitigating any delay on the photovoltaic front by using the SunCell as a heater instead. Full steam ahead.

Don't you mean "full circle" rather than full steam ? Because this is the exact same point they were practically 25 years ago.
 
Really, I'm not interested. I did not know that "forward looking statement" was a legal term, and I can only assume that BLP knows that it is. So what? Again, I'm not really interested.

Indeed. Why should you be interested in whether the company you're shilling for is deliberately committing fraud?
 
Concentrator photovoltaics are commercially available and working in real situations. But BLP needs them triangularly shaped and configured to wrap around the SunCell dome, in a geodesic fashion. Doable but not a walk in the park for the cPV company assigned the task. I don't know what, but something is holding up the process on that. I do know that cPV makers are having a tough time right now, as conventional PV has gotten much cheaper, mostly from the Chinese front.
Then the website is lying.
 
An imaginative scenario. However, they are not scrambling for excuses for delays. They are mitigating any delay on the photovoltaic front by using the SunCell as a heater instead. Full steam ahead.
They've been capable of literally full steam ahead for a couple of decades!
 
Is it possible that Mills is, in fact, deluded by his "theory" of a below-ground state? And that his persistence as embodied in BLP is just his bulldog effort to make his ideas work? That every stumbling block is not a rejection of his ideas but a "real" (in his eyes) setback due to some cause other than his Hydrinos?

IOW, is this really fraud on Mills part or is he yet another inventor who has fooled himself?

I should add that I'm just wondering what might be taking place. I am in no way suggesting that Mills and his acolytes like markie are onto something real.


I said this earlier:


The problem with that is, his behavior isn't that of someone who is honestly mistaken.

I've done work on people who try to patent things like perpetual motion machines. They can generally be divided into three classes:

  1. The honest but mistaken
  2. The delusional/crazy
  3. The scammers


Each class approaches the process of obtaining patents in distinct ways. Mills' approach is entirely consistent with Class 3, and totally inconsistent with Classes 1 and 2. And that's been consistent for his entire career.



I suppose it's possible he's honestly deluded, but his behavior doesn't really follow that pattern. A few years back, we had a local guy who thought he'd discovered some sort of free energy device. I'm sure he was a True Believer, and his behavior was quite different.

If you take the time to look back at Mills' entire history of applying for patents, the evolution of his scam is pretty clear, and hard to attribute to a person who is just honestly deluded. There are too many choices made, all of which try to exploit weaknesses in the patent process, for them to have all been accidental. It's far more likely to be part of a process of deliberate deception.
 
Concentrator photovoltaics are commercially available and working in real situations.

But, as you've said earlier, concentrator PV cells aren't what's required here. Concentrators are designed to work with low light levels and concentrate the power obtained from them. You really, really need to get your terminology straight here, and so does Mills. A high-intensity source doesn't need concentrators; in fact, it needs simple conventional cells, because one of the properties of a simple photovoltaic cell is that it gets more efficient at higher incident power, so ordinary cells work better in this sort of application. As for making the cells triangular, why not simply use square cells, which will tessellate on to the interior of a sphere with very nearly the same efficiency, and make the surface behind them reflective so the sphere recycles the missing light, which has been standard practice with thermophotovoltaics for decades? I know this stuff; I've designed PV cells.

Why not, of course, is that this doesn't tell the story that BLP wants told, in which they're succeeding at their bit but being let down by contractors. So you go on playing bait-and-switch, pretending at one moment that everything's going fine and all the next steps are easy to draw in the investors, and the next that there are delays which prevent them ever getting any money but they're always somebody else's fault.

Dave
 
I'm only referring to the photovoltaic cell itself, the semiconductor diode which converts the photons to DC electricity. It takes a special kind of such cell to work with concentrated light (and hence heat). Such a cell is actually more efficient at converting light to electricity than conventional PV cells. But they are much, much more expensive.

And here's the usual escape clause; BLP aren't going to make a slightly less efficient version of their device because they hope some day to make a better one, so there's no point making one that's not at the ultimate possible efficiency just to get something on to the market and make some actual money for their investors. By this logic, the Wright Brothers should have waited to make their first flight till somebody had invented the high-bypass turbofan.

Dave
 
Closing the dome is significant for several reasons. For one, it will allow silver vapour pressure of perhaps a dozen atmospheres to be maintained inside, which is important for 1) dispersing space charge build up which otherwise would inhibit the hydrino reaction, 2) achieving much higher energy density and 3) achieving self sustain mode. Secondly, a closed dome means that silver vapour is not sucked out but rather entirely recycled. As it is now, the graphite dome with a hole in the top is enclosed in a large glove box which is actively venting the heat and vapour, thus it is at very low pressure. The reaction still proceeds, even with self sustain, but it is nowhere near full power potential.

There are commercially available solar cells that can survive the environment hilighted above?
 
That sounds an awful like the excuses about difficulties getting the housing for the heater he was going to manufacture in the 1990's.

Funny how each "generation" of Hydrino commercialization is scuttled by problems with third party vendors of parts that are supposedly custom form factors of existing tech.

It's also kinda weird how you're making triangular photovoltaics sound so hard to come by.

http://inhabitat.com/v3solars-photovoltaic-spin-cell-cones-capture-sunlight-all-day-long/

http://exeter-solar.com/solar-pv/

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0196890488900271

https://www.quora.com/How-much-hard...iangular-solar-panels-compared-to-rectangular



Gee. Why am I not surprised a man who scuttled a world changing heater in the 1990's over trouble getting a housing is having trouble finding technology people routinely put on their roofs.

No doubt if he put the damn thing in a pressure vessel to make steam (which is what anybody with a lick of sense would do, if there were really such a thing as hydrinos) he'd be delayed by the manufacturer of the pressure vessel, even though boilers are 19th century technology. If Mills isn't a fraud, he's got to be the most incompetent businessman in the history of the world. Of course, I would put the probability of fraud at a whole lot of 9's.
 
Last edited:
There are commercially available solar cells that can survive the environment hilighted above?

The solar cells go on the outside.

Of course, there will be numerous delays when they finally (months from now?) try to seal the graphite dome and discover that it cannot withstand that heat and pressure it is supposed to contain. Then, as with the tungsten rods, they will scrap the Suncell for yet another redesign.

(Coming up with non-obvious, inherent flaws is probably the hardest part of the design process.)
 
Last edited:
No doubt if he put the damn thing in a pressure vessel to make steam (which is what anybody with a lick of sense would do, if there were really such a thing as hydrinos) he'd be delayed by the manufacturer of the pressure vessel, even though boilers are 19th century technology. If Mills isn't a fraud, he's got to be the most incompetent businessman in the history of the world. Of course, I would put the probability of fraud at a whole lot of 9's.

Oooh, yes please. Then we can have steam trains again! None of that nasty, dirty coal. Just pure vaporised water. No more soulless diesel and electric trains. I, for one, can't wait. I'd invest myself, but I'm not that stupid wealthy.
 
If Mills isn't a fraud, he's got to be the most incompetent businessman in the history of the world. Of course, I would put the probability of fraud at a whole lot of 9's.

Mills is an excellent example of The Peter Principle

Back in 1969, Lawrence J. Peter created a cultural phenomenon with his brilliant, outrageous, hilarious, and all-too-true treatise on business and life, The Peter Principle—and his words and theories are as true today as they were then. By posing—and answering—the eternal question, “Why do things always go wrong?” Peter explores the incompetence that runs so rampant through our society, our workplace, and our world in an outrageously funny yet honest and eye-opening manner. With a new foreword by Robert I. Sutton, bestselling author of The No ******* Rule, this twenty-first century edition of Peter’s classic is set to shake up the business world all over again.
 
Am I understanding this correctly- Brilliant Light Power has made a wonderful new physics discovery that permitted them to manufacture working reactors that they have already demonstrated produce enough power to easily melt thick metal bus bars in a mater of seconds and that generate incredibly massive megawatts of power, and yet somehow this not enough "heat" to boil water without "closing the dome?" They can do it repeatedly on their prototypes, but sticking the prototype in a vat of water doesn't work? Low quality heat??

Sure- hand me my checkbook! Oh would you look at that, to write them a check I will need to finish creating my special new pen using my neutrino invention that provides a never-ending ink source. Damn, I will have to hold off investing until I can solve my neutrino injector supplier problem...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom