I'm guesstimating a working prototype and field units in 2018, and marketable products by 2022.So Markie how many more years to an actual product? Additionally what is your position within the Mills' company?
The safety of the end product, hydrino, depends I suppose. Dihydrino gas H2 is extremely stable and inert, moreso than, say, helium. However hydrino hydride, H-, as far as I recall, can combine with metals to form interesting crystalline compounds. But I don't know enough about this aspect to know if it would pose a risk to human safety.
Is that surprising? Remember hydrinos assuming they even exist are darkmatter. Completely undetectable at that scale. So you have an undetectable material that doesn't have a detectable radioactive decay rate. hmmmmMills has taken great lengths to look for nuclear signatures, and found none. He has even used heavy water, with the same negative results. Note that in muon catalyzed fusion, the muon (heavy) is much closer to the nucleus, and shields much more than the electron of a hydrino.

That doesn't seem to add up given the claimed timescale. You are saying they are not just months away from going into commercial production. Why should we believe what you say rather than what the company claims?So far, the reaction chamber is not closed ; it consists of an open (at that top) graphite sphere enclosed in a large transparent glove box, which vents the vapours and the substantial heat out.
At the bottom of the graphite sphere is where two streams of molten silver are injected and intersect, and where the hydrino reaction mostly occurs.
Molten silver goes in and comes out. Small amounts of an oxide go in and come out. Hydrogen gas goes in and hydrino comes out. High electric current at low voltage goes in, and mostly high energy photons (in the extreme UV) come out, at least until they are absorbed by the silver vapour which reemits as blackbody spectrum.
The safety of the end product, hydrino, depends I suppose. Dihydrino gas H2 is extremely stable and inert, moreso than, say, helium.
So where is it?
There is hardly any oxygen at all. The only oxygen comes from a very heat stable oxide compound added to the silver and which sparingly reacts with added hydrogen gas to very briefly form water, a catalyst for hydrino formation.Is there any reason to think there's more here than a redox reaction, i.e. simple chemistry?
Silver was chosen because it's a great conductor and because it doesn't have oxidation issues at high temperatures, among other things. The special refractory oxide is simply carried by the molten silver, it's oxygen combines with H2 to form water, the water is ionized upon catalyzing hydrino formation, and the oxide get's its oxygen back.
Just to be clear, the power source is a couple (?) of common, commercial capacitors. They deliver very short bursts or pulses of power, in magnitude comparable to a hair drier. Most of that is current. Voltage is only 3V or thereabouts. The power release spike from hydrino formation lasts much longer than the input power pulse, and is of considerably greater magnitude.
Mark
So far, the reaction chamber is not closed ; it consists of an open (at that top) graphite sphere enclosed in a large transparent glove box, which vents the vapours and the substantial heat out.
At the bottom of the graphite sphere is where two streams of molten silver are injected and intersect, and where the hydrino reaction mostly occurs.
I'm no investor, but if I was I wouldn't mind being 'strung' along for another few years. It's a given that there will be health and safety and environmental assessments done.Then perhaps it should be investigated before bringing a product to market. That should keep potentialmarksinvestors strung along for another ten years or so, don't you think?
The formation of hydrino is detectable when it is formed, based on a characteristic light signature. But after that it is hard to detect, even in the lab. You have to know what to look for, and therefore how to look for it. Mills has done that.Is that surprising? Remember hydrinos assuming they even exist are darkmatter. Completely undetectable at that scale. So you have an undetectable material that doesn't have a detectable radioactive decay rate. hmmmm
I don't recall BLP saying they were months away from commercial production. Rather (if I recall correctly) they are due for a working prototype in the next month or two, and field applications starting later in 2017. Personally I think that is overly optimistic. BLP has been relatively silent for the last month, so there is no news for the peanut gallery. Is no news good news? In this context I don't think so. But I'm just speculating.That doesn't seem to add up given the claimed timescale. You are saying they are not just months away from going into commercial production. Why should we believe what you say rather than what the company claims?
I've spotted the flaw!
Electricity in.......light bulb lights up........solar panel collects light.........electricity out. Who'd've thunk it?
The dihydrino is captured in a matrix and tests performed. Also, hydrino hydride crystal like compounds have been analysed. But as far as I know there has been no pure, bulk dihydrino gas collected.So where is it?
A good point. First of all, Mills would say the vast majority of the hydrogen in the universe has turned into hydrino, aka the missing mass of the universe, aka dark matter. Secondly, hydrino is formed by contact with an appropriate catalyst. The conditions have to be right. Frankly, I'm skeptical that *all* the dark matter is hydrino.More to the point, why is there Hydrogen at all?
If the hydrino the the more stable version, why did not all hydrogen gas in the 14 billion years of the universe become hydrinos?