• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VII

Erm...McMullin is Mormon.

Not that this fella seems overly prone to facts. "Mormocaust?" Seriously?
He is saying that because McMuffin is a Mormon, if he swings the election to Hillary, presumably by winning Utah (not that him winning Utah could swing the election to Hillary), it will lead to a huge backlash against Mormons.

He's a deplorable piece of ****.
 
I see Trump back to well over the 20% mark on both the "Polls Only" and "Polls Plus" figures on fiverthirtyeight.com.

Looking at the profile of the graphs, they look similar to the last "Trump Cycle" which may indicate that the next peak in Trump support would come 3 weeks or so after the election and that on the 8th his chances of winning will be a (quite worrying to me) 1 in 3. This is of course as long as there isn't some flaw in the polls which is underestimating support for Trump.

But, you know - chicken little :rolleyes:
 
I see Trump back to well over the 20% mark on both the "Polls Only" and "Polls Plus" figures on fiverthirtyeight.com.

Looking at the profile of the graphs, they look similar to the last "Trump Cycle" which may indicate that the next peak in Trump support would come 3 weeks or so after the election and that on the 8th his chances of winning will be a (quite worrying to me) 1 in 3. This is of course as long as there isn't some flaw in the polls which is underestimating support for Trump.

But, you know - chicken little :rolleyes:

I like the fact that people are concerned that Trump may be tied in polling. That fact will, hopefully, keep voters from becoming complacent.
 
I see Trump back to well over the 20% mark on both the "Polls Only" and "Polls Plus" figures on fiverthirtyeight.com.

Looking at the profile of the graphs, they look similar to the last "Trump Cycle" which may indicate that the next peak in Trump support would come 3 weeks or so after the election and that on the 8th his chances of winning will be a (quite worrying to me) 1 in 3. This is of course as long as there isn't some flaw in the polls which is underestimating support for Trump.

But, you know - chicken little :rolleyes:

Or it could just be a flaw in Silver's model. His is still the outlier. All the others are still over 90% for Hillary.

Oh, and Donald is very likely going to under perform his poll numbers.
 
Last edited:
Or it could just be a flaw in Silver's model. His is still the outlier. All the others are still over 90% for Hillary.

Oh, and Donald is very likely going to under perform his poll numbers.

As far as I recall, once the field got down to three (and then none) Donald actually over-performed. Let's keep our spirits up but not get too complacent. The main thing is that Donald's investments of time in NC and PA don't seem to be paying off. I don't think he can recover 6/8 points in both states with eight days to go. The daily polls, both with unknowns that prevent 538 from even counting them have not shown much action since the Comey letter.

The state polls seem to be reacting more to recent campaign thrusts rather than the news cycle. If the CNN poll is accurate and 63% of the population said there's going to be no impact from the FBI investigation, that's a pretty high number and it was before the Big Blue Machine got out there questioning Comey's action.
 
Below is a copy of part of the letter Senator Harry Reid sent to FBI Director James Comey yesterday. (You can click on the image to enlarge it.) In August Reid released a letter he wrote to Comey asking him to investigate disturbing reports about connections between the Russian Government, Donald Trump and the 2016 presidential election. In the letter Reid raised specific allegations. Is that what the letter he sent to Comey Sunday is referring to? That those allegations have some substance?

As of right now James Comey has not responded to the assertion he has "explosive information" about ties between Trump and the Russian government. But I think Comey will have to be very careful how he responds. If he were to deny the FBI found evidence Trump has been collaborating with the Russian government, and it later turns out the FBI does have that information, Comey could be in trouble. If he confirms the FBI has found some Trump-Russia links then Trump could be in trouble, legal trouble.

I think the best Comey can do is either respond to Reid privately or say something along the lines that he won't comment on an ongoing investigation. At least not if it doesn't involve Hillary Clinton.
 

Attachments

  • Reid Comey Letter.jpg
    Reid Comey Letter.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
<snip>

Again, if not for the Trump sign it wouldn't be so obvious.


It would be exactly as obvious. There isn't anything subtle about it. No Southerner and few Yankees could look at that display and not instantly understand what the intent was. Not if they are honest with themselves.

The Trump sign is just icing on the cake. The Trump campaign has had a lot to do with encouraging slime mold like the sicko who put that up to crawl out from under their rocks.

One of the most disturbing things to me about the Trump campaign is that he has used legitimizing this kind of overt bigotry to build his support. Even when he loses that lesson isn't going to be forgotten.

The next guy might not be so abysmally unqualified in every way as well as being a human pile of excrement.
 
The Vengeful World of Donald Trump, and Why it Matters

In his eyes, the world is an unforgiving place where cities are "war zones," where "rapists" are streaming across the border and where jealous rivals are hatching plots to humiliate America and Trump personally.

To prevail in such an environment, he suggests, the response to any slight must be swift and overwhelming. Dwelling on limits imposed by law or tradition is usually a secondary concern.

This framework has expressed itself in policy, in which Trump has extolled the use of torture, threatened reprisals against the families of terrorists and pledged to jail Clinton, a former senator and secretary of state. It has expressed itself rhetorically in vicious insults against critics and in his encouragement of violence by supporters.

"She's nasty, but I can be nastier than she ever can be," Trump told The New York Times after Clinton criticized his past comments on women's appearances in their first debate. The next day, he suggested at a rally that she had cheated on her husband, while offering no evidence for the claim.
 
That would be pretty sweet irony. If Trump were president, Hillary would be in prison. If he's not, HE'D be in prison!

For some perverse reason, the image of either of them doing a "perp walk" brings a smile to my face.

Call it schadenfreude, or the personification of "How far the mighty have fallen", or a Shakespearean denouement or whatever.

Does that make me a bad person?
 
That would be pretty sweet irony. If Trump were president, Hillary would be in prison. If he's not, HE'D be in prison!

Of course it'd be spinned as a conspiracy against him.
Hillary won't go to prison even if Donald wins no matter what he says.
 
That would be pretty sweet irony. If Trump were president, Hillary would be in prison. If he's not, HE'D be in prison!

Of course it'd be spinned as a conspiracy against him.


That's not a bad way to run an election. Winner takes all; loser goes to jail.
 
Again, if not for the Trump sign it wouldn't be so obvious.

The Trump sign, allegedly, belongs to the neighbour rather than the person who was hanging the effigies.
I can't see that the effigies are clearly meant to be black, and 'hanging a Guy' in effigy is far from being unheard of around Halloween time (Guy Fawkes) and curiously exactly where we get the word common noun 'guy' from.

That said... you don't live in Florida and hang people from a tree without knowing what you're doing.
 
It would be exactly as obvious. There isn't anything subtle about it. No Southerner and few Yankees could look at that display and not instantly understand what the intent was. Not if they are honest with themselves.

I'm a transplanted Southerner. You seem to suggest that I am lying to myself.
 
You wouldn't be the first. The display looks racist as hell to me, and I'm born and raised Canadian.

It certainly suggests racism. It is at best grossly insensitive.

But I don't see that the figures are obviously black, as some say. The clothing doesn't look particularly urban to me, but that might say more about my fashion sense than anything. The faces are obscured by hoods and the hands are fashioned from black gloves (which is what I would do, too, since that's the color of glove I own). The pants are drooping on one, but that is plausibly due to gravity.

Here's why I am reluctant to condemn this as an intentionally racist display. First, the evidence is not conclusive to my eyes, and skepticism suggests I should withhold judgment if possible. Obviously, there is no burning need for me to have an opinion on this; nothing depends on whether I decide he's a racist or not.

Finally, publicly claiming he's a racist if he is not is, I think, a very regrettable act. Refusing to say that he's a racist without better evidence is not so regrettable, even if he is a racist.

So, skepticism strongly suggests that I withhold judgment, and moral considerations concur. Hence, I'll wait and see (or never make up my mind). No harm done by exercising caution.
 
So, skepticism strongly suggests that I withhold judgment, and moral considerations concur. Hence, I'll wait and see (or never make up my mind). No harm done by exercising caution.

Quite right, just as I'll exercise caution in judging that anything you say is even remotely skeptical.
 
Quite right, just as I'll exercise caution in judging that anything you say is even remotely skeptical.

Seems as if you're trying to deny that my position is sensible, but you didn't actually say a damned thing about the argument I presented. Rather, you seem to coyly suggest that I'm being disingenuous.

Very nice.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom