• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it amusing that some of his supporters find the stories old hat and are surprised that the voters are being swayed by them. That is the very point: the voters didn't know how bad Trump was. Now that they do, he is losing their support.

Great Businessman: $900 Million in losses

Great Family Man: Grab them by the Pussy

What else does he have?
 
Amusing that such a "winner" as Trump is now so focused on explaining why he'll lose.

Well, ...

in all fairness, Trump is a winner; a serious winner for his competition. In fact, Trump is about the best thing that has ever happened to people who are opposed to him and his ilk.

Trump has quite likely and all by himself managed to win the election for Clinton, made the Democrats the majority in both the Senate and the House while making it really easy for the Democrats to win the 2018 and 2020 elections.

You cannot get much more winning than that.

:biggrin:
 
I agree that for Trump it is probably very difficult for him to consider that a woman may object to being touched and kissed but all it would have taken is a quick "Can I kiss you?" or "Can I touch your breasts?"

To be a bit pedantic, "can I?" is not the problem...consent depends upon "may I?".
 
Literally, by definition.

I actually have personal experience with someone "grabbing [a woman] by the pussy". I witnessed the incident while on duty. There was a young man who cornered a young girl and stuck his hand up her crotch. I arrested the man on the charge of sexual assault (Swedish version - sexuellt ofredande). Prosecutor disagreed with me, as there had apparently been penetration, so the charges where upped to rape.
 
I find it amusing that some of his supporters find the stories old hat and are surprised that the voters are being swayed by them. That is the very point: the voters didn't know how bad Trump was. Now that they do, he is losing their support.

Great Businessman: $900 Million in losses

Great Family Man: Grab them by the Pussy

What else does he have?

we might find out

https://mobile.twitter.com/LizMair/status/786418574394920960


Liz Mair–*‏@LizMair



By the way, the two really, really bad stories I mentioned would soon be dropping still haven't actually dropped
 
I don't think it's OK, but we've been down the road of "consent" already.

Fine, that is really enough for my point.

Why do you think it's OK to conflate "bad behavior," "deplorable", and "sexual assault"? Can you describe where the lines ought to be? (Rhetorical, no need to answer.)

The problem here is one of subjective being foisted off as objective. We think the standards in our own heads are (and should be) obvious to everyone who is moral and that they should share our suppositions. But plainly standards of behavior have changed over the many decades Trump has been alive.

Any man who thinks that it's okay, so long as she doesn't (formally) complain is a man with issues. That's enough.

As I've repeatedly said, Trump's failure to recognize sexual boundaries is nowhere near the best reason not to vote for him. But your pretense that it is irrelevant does not reflect well on you.

We seem happy enough to say that a pat on the ass is sexual harassment now, and always has been. We feel better, I suppose, dismissing previous cultural mores as less enlightened and harmful to women. Our children will no doubt do the same with things we do just as casually now. That's the root hypocrisy, a failure to see this in a relative light. A failure to accept the role of norms and an insistence on making one's subjective evaluation objective in order to impose it on others.

Trump thinks he has permission. He doesn't. But it's not criminal.

Whether it's criminal or not is something I'm not speaking about. I'm not trained in law.
 
I actually have personal experience with someone "grabbing [a woman] by the pussy". I witnessed the incident while on duty. There was a young man who cornered a young girl and stuck his hand up her crotch. I arrested the man on the charge of sexual assault (Swedish version - sexuellt ofredande). Prosecutor disagreed with me, as there had apparently been penetration, so the charges where upped to rape.

Was he Australian? Did he have a laptop with him and very peroxided hair?


You're our hero!
 
I am struggling to think what could be worse, video of him indulging in a Satanic orgy in the Russian embassy?

Him coming out as a gay Muslim?
 
Well, ...

in all fairness, Trump is a winner; a serious winner for his competition. In fact, Trump is about the best thing that has ever happened to people who are opposed to him and his ilk.

Trump has quite likely and all by himself managed to win the election for Clinton, made the Democrats the majority in both the Senate and the House while making it really easy for the Democrats to win the 2018 and 2020 elections.

You cannot get much more winning than that.

:biggrin:

Wanna wager?
 
I am struggling to think what could be worse, video of him indulging in a Satanic orgy in the Russian embassy?

Him coming out as a gay Muslim?

I think to get him off below those 190/195 ironclad Republican Electoral Votes or below an 8/9 point loss, it'll take hot mic action of him losing it and using the n-word to describe a black or the f-word about a gay.
 
Last edited:
Burnett may hate Trump, but he made a lot of money with the Apprentice and as the producer could easily be vulnerable and responsible for having a hostile work environment. So I can't imagine that he's all that willing to opening himself up to lawsuits. In case you forgot, Fox News just settled a lawsuit involving Trump's good buddy Roger Ailes for 20 million dollars.

Not to mention Trump is already going down in flames, so there's no need to light more matches.
 
Fox this morning is going with more leaked Clinton emails, emphasizing the dissing of certain religious groups. I think it's a bit late for that to outrage anyone more than Trump's current disaster, in fact it's the greatest disaster ever. [snicker]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom